Breast Reconstruction After 5 Yrs of Being Cancer Free - Sioux City, IA

Being a Mammographer I always believed that breast...

Being a Mammographer I always believed that breast cancer would never happen to me. Well 6 yrs ago during a routine screening I became a breast cancer victim and survivor. No lump, no family history and no other risk factors other than being a woman. At that time my surgeon did not believe in reconstrutive surgery at the same time as my mastectomy. Today that process has evolved into having the implants inserted at the same time, if you so chose to do so. I wish I had that option 6yrs ago. I met Dr.Gallego and was so impressed. I was one of his first patients here in this area. I had gone to Omaha but came back with an uneasy feeling, and being away from home was a huge draw back for me too. One thing to look for is:how active/visible is our surgeon in the community. Dr. Gallego shared his time and talents outside his office helping support others in need. He's a perfectionist in his surgeries and I know this to be a fact. Being a mammographer I have seen many other's who have had these surgeries and they are left with terrible results, unfortunately they have to live with those results. If you're considering any type of reconstructive surgery you need to meet Dr.Gallego.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reconstruction after mastectomy and how to pick the 5 star perfect surgeon.

Thank you for sharing your story. You definitely have a very unique persepective on this given your career.

Since Dr. Gallego might not be an option for women living in other parts of the country I'd love to hear if you have any other tips that you think would be good things to consider when looking for a plastic surgeon for reconstruction.