Belotero for Upper Lip-A Big Improvement -Simi Valley, CA

I am 56 years old and lately very bothered by the...

I am 56 years old and lately very bothered by the indentations and lines around my mouth. I have had some cheek enhancement and was happy with that. The place I went to suggested Belotero for the mouth area. Unfortunately they neglected to remind me that I should not take aspirin for about a week before the procedure so I bruised like crazy. However I do tend to bruise form injections more than usual anyway. I am good at covering things up ( lifelong battle with acne has made me an expert) .I am posting photos that are up close and magnified... the good and the bad. In general I am very happy with the result. It made a big improvement and did not give me the dreaded 'Duck Lip' look I had seen on other people. The RN told me that is because most other fillers are too thick to get a more modified result. Belotero is the thinnest one they currently use. I actually thought it looked OK when it was a little more swollen too so I may have a little more put in next time, but in general I feel much better about my appearance.
Alamo Hills Laser Center

Glad to see it worked for you, I had belotero injected into my acne scars to fill them in, it worked for the first few weeks then went away...such a waste.
Thanks for sharing and your results look really good. I saw this on either Dr. Oz or the Doctors and they said it is suppose to last two years and longer than the other fillers so please keep us informed.
Will do but I think the one that is supposed to last two years is Voluma. Belotero is hylauronic acid based and I don't think has any more staying power than usual
I went to a lecture and the dermatologist showed amazing before and afters and the c02 laser resurfacing clearly has the most dramatic and permanent change for fine and deep lines and on the whole face and neck even looks like a facelift. I can see why that procedure needs to be done by expert as it is very invasive and costs $4000. She uses the belotero and botox for fine lines but that will be maintenance. I wonder how this product I just saw on TV works? tryfacefx.com I have a dermawand which I like to use every few days but I'm not sure what exactly it has accomplished.
PS... My point in bringing up laser which could be C02 or Fraxal which is less invasive, Assuming we would spend $550/year to fill lines around the mouth would use up $4000 after 7 years whereas spending $4000 for whole face and neck would have almost permanent lasting results! (my issues are mainly minor marionette around downturn corners of mouth and under eyes)
I guess it all depends on if those work as advertised. I have had two Fraxel Restores and two Fractional Co-2 laser treatments in the past. My skin always looked good for about a year after and then went back to about the same. I was always a little hesitant about doing the really invasive lasers where they basically burn your face off. I am sure you get a better result, but the risk is higher as well. I feel more comfortable with the filler at this point.
What did you use for a concealer? Am going to have it done next month
The cover up of the really bad bruising is a process! I used Loreal True Match concealer first, then put on Exuviance CoverBlend Concealing Foundation and then layered PUR Pressed Powder Mineral foundation on top of that. It then winds up looking too uniformly beige so I lightly brushed Physicians Formula Color Strips Blush in Rosy Glow on top of that. That blush has a lot of light reflecting highlighter in it so it both reflects light and gives a natural radiance. Hopefully you don't bruise as badly as I did!! stay away from alcohol or aspirin at least a week before you have it done.
I heard that eating pineapple for several days after any procedure helps with healing. I saw a video of a doctor injecting himself with over 8 viles of juvaderm to demonstate how much you could actually do to achieve certain results. Write me if anyone wants his name as I would have to search my notes to find it.
Thanks for sharing.  I can definitely see a difference in your lip lines.  Those bruises!  You really are a master at covering them with makeup.  Do you remember how much you had injected?
Sorry I don't know how much it was. She put a line of it in each line and indentation. She said a little goes long way. I know it was not more than one vial...whatever volume that may be.
No worries!  Sounds like about one vial, like you said.  Keep us posted on how long it lasts for you :)