I Should've Done Smart Lipo Sooner!

Day 10, I'm operating at 90%: Bruising is almost...

Day 10, I'm operating at 90%: Bruising is almost completely gone. I'm still a bit "lumpy" but since my belly is no longer hanging over my jeans, I'm good to go!!! I'm having a love/hate relationship with my "garment" / "corset" ~ when I wear it, I get funky indentations on my belly...like molding silly putty. If I don't wear it, I feel a little puffy. Overall, I'm thrilled that I had it done because my clothes fit so much better & I no longer have to adjust my jeans over my belly fat everytime I sit down!!!

Day 3, feeling great! No longer draining, still a bit lumpy, but my bruising has gotten much better today & I'm moving about very effortlessly! I'm going for Laser Genesis today & will have the good Dr. check my progress! So far, so good! I'm thankful for this website because I was able to go into the procedure sort of knowing what to expect from other people's experiences! I think I had it made because my Dr. is a Licenced & Practicing Anesthesiologist, so there was absolutely no pain during the procedure...the most painful part of my day was getting marked for surgery while standing in front of a mirror while wearing paper underwear:-) LOL!

Somehow, my first post got deleted when I did this update, so I will tell you that I've been reading this website for weeks before my prodedure. I decided to post my photos because I wished more people had shared theirs before I had my prodedure done!

I am 43y/o, 5'3" tall & about 130lbs. I've had 2 children by C-section & NOTHING could compare to that level of pain (of course, they were worth it!)

I had my last baby when I was 40 & I found that my muffin top just wouldn't go back to "normal" ~ so, although I considered a tummy tuck, I decided that because I don't have stretch marks, it was too invasive for the result I was seeking. I am very glad I made the decision to go with Smart Lipo!

Naturally, the first thing I will tell you is to choose your Dr. wisely! This is not a procedure to be done by just anybody & don't make your decision based on price! Sometimes the best isn't the most expensive & visa-versa!

The pictures I have posted are from a few hours before Smart Lipo, day 2 when I took off my corset to change the dressings & day 10. I already see a big difference & I know it will improve over time! (I've read it can take up to 2-3 months before you see the final results) NO MORE MUFFIN TOP!

Updated on Nov 18, 2008:

It's been a month & I'm really starting to see the results!! I'm not wearing the garment at all & the lumpiness is starting to subside. I didn't have all the severe swelling that I've read about & had to laugh when someone wrote that Smart Lipo made them gain 20 lbs ~ it still makes me giggle just writing it! C'mon now, this is the perfect procedure for people who have stubborn areas that don't respond to diet &/or exercise. This is NOT a diet or a reason to go out & celebrate every night at your favorite fast food restaurant! I have only lost about 4lbs but it looks like 10. I can wear a fitted tshirt with jeans without looking like I'm trying to hide a flotation device around my mid section! I'm still wearing a size 27 jean, but they just look a lot better! To say I'm still thrilled with the procedure would be an understatement!!

Somehow, my first post got deleted when I did this update, so I will tell you that I've been reading this website for weeks before my prodedure. I decided to post my photos because I wished more people had shared theirs before I had my prodedure done!

"I no longer have to adjust my jeans over my belly fat everytime I sit down!!!" HAHAHA!!! I feel ya!!
WOW, I just discovered your pics. I am glad you posted them. I had SL on 7/17/08 and I looked exactly like you pre and post SL as well. No more muffin tops! I still would not be able to wear a bikini because I still have some lumps today and some wrinkling. I would love to see more current pics of your progress just so I can compare my results - since we started at the same place. Yes, just like the previous person who was asking - how is your belly button looking today? How is the firmness of your skin?
You look amazing! My procedure is scheduled for Jan 23. Am I right in thinking that after one month you felt good. I have a vacation planned on Feb 25 and I am wondering if it's too soon. Comment?

Photo Update

Hi, I had Cool Lipo and Vasesr done two days ago. I'm a little concerned at how my stomach looks so far... it looks flat right when the garment comes off but after five minutes (while I shower) it starts to look pretty lumpy with divets in the lower part... did you have lumps the first day or two after? It doesn't look like it from your picture... If so, have they smoothed out? Thanks so much for any advice...
You look fantastic! Thank you for posting!! I am looking to have something done specifically for wrinkling, not for fat reduction (though as a side effect, I would definitely not complain with fat reduction!! :) Do you think this did a good job of tightening your skin? Do you think it's a good procedure if skin tightening is your primary purpose? Thanks so much in advance for your help! Kate
Hi AV, Did you find that smartlipo improved your wrinkling? I am looking to get something dones specifically for wrinkling on my stomach and I can't tell if Smartlipo or Thermage is a better choice. Thanks so much for your help!
Sam Hassan, M.D.

The Dr. I chose is a licenced & practicing Anesthesiologist who owns an aesthetic salon. Nobody could be better or safer with a needle! (He does my Botox & Radiesse, too! I'm currently seeing his Salon Manager for Laser Genesis & love it!)