A full sleeve, a chest piece and a forearm walk into a bar... - Sherman Oaks, CA

Hi all- I have been scouring this site reading...

Hi all-

I have been scouring this site reading all of the reviews/input and it has been extremely helpful, so I decided to post about my first experience. I went to Dr. Tattoff in Sherman Oaks, CA for my first appointment yesterday. I am having 4 tattoos removed in total. A full sleeve (outline only), 2 birds on my chest (the only colored tattoos) and a tattoo on my forearm (the smallest of them all).

I generally have pretty high pain tolerance, but this was no walk in the park. If this is what it feels like with the numbing cream, I'd hate to know what it feels like without. We got through the forearm tattoo, chest piece and 1/4 of the sleeve before stopping (no breaks in between). The nurse advised that she did not want to laser the whole sleeve since I would probably look like the hulk today-the tattoos that we had already lasered were significantly raised and starting to puff up so she started to ice them immediately. For the record, I have always had extremely sensitive skin so I was not too surprised. I am returning in 2 weeks to finish the rest of the sleeve. I iced and kept the arms elevated for the rest of the night. I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. A little tight, but nothing major and have been applying aloe cort cream as advised. It is now extremely itchy.

I got the birds when I turned 18 (I am 29 now) and have regretted them for the past few years now. The forearm tattoo was after a break up and the sleeve was during a low point in my life so I am glad to be starting this new journey. I was quoted 13 sessions for the birds, and 12 for the two others. I know it will be a long (and painful) journey, but I am trying to keep optimistic. I know that the green might possibly not be 100% removed and am just looking forward to it fading as much as possible.

I hope some of this information helps someone else like the other posts have helped me! :)

I have a blue rose on each shoulder in exactly the same place as your birds and I've been panicking I won't be able to get rid of them but now I've seen you story and your doctor says they will at least fade I have some hope ! Thanks for sharing !!
I can certainly relate... Good luck! I'm going to dr tattoff in Montclair... I'm darker than you and my ink was super dense!! I'm 7 treatments in and it's going but so slowly... I also had some scarring from placement so that is taking longer... Good luck!!
It's crazy how similar your tattoo and mine are! Looking at some pictures and angles, it could almost be my own arm. I see they initially quoted you 10 treatments. How is that looking now? Your tattoo has faded significantly and it looks like I will be in a very similar boat as you. They said multiple times that if they do not remove the tattoo in the quoted amount of treatments they will (supposedly) keep treating it until they can't any longer.
Dr. Tattoff