Frazel Brought my Acne Back...don't Do It! - Shelby Twp, MI

After YEARS of battling acne and even being on...

After YEARS of battling acne and even being on Accutane twice back in my 20's, I finally got it under control at the age of 34. The only thing left was to get rid of the scarring I have, which are really only on my cheeks. After my first treatment I broke out HORRIBLY. All over my face....tiny little pimples. I contacted the doctor and they blamed it on the cream (which I explained over and over...I did not use their cream.) They then said it was just my system sort of flushing itself out and to get another treatment.

A couple weeks later I went back and paid ANOTHER $400 to see if a 2nd treatment would help. The same thing happened. Not only did it make me break out, but it seems to have changed the way skin behaves now. I had been acne-free for probably 6 months before the treatments and now I break out all the time with these tiny little pimples (that wasn't even the type of pimple I use to get)

I've also been getting facials from the same woman for over 10 years and she was SHOCKED to see my face. She is not familiar with the Fraxel but is confident that it destroyed my skin. Oh, and I did go back to the doctor AGAIN after the 2nd treatment and he just blamed it on my skin care (I use very expensive high quality skin care products....that's not the issue.) He even asked me if I had attempted to use one of those roller pins with the needles in it and suggested that might help! He then left the room as if to grab something real quick...but never even came back. The nurse finally showed up and said, "Here's a prescription for antibiotics for your acne." Unbelievable. Years off of antibiotics and now they suggest I go back on simply because the laser screwed me up so bad. DON'T DO IT if you have or have had acne issues!

Good for you at least you have exposed the so called physician more people need to be like you a patient advocate! Thanks again
After discovering a very expensive product that I but at ultra (I think it's by Peter Thomas Roth but I forget st the moment) my pimples and acne are finally back to where it used to be...under control!

Congrats indeed. Are you considering any other skin treatments?

Dr. Charles Mok

The staff at Allure was great. The problem is with Dr. Mok. (His commercials are on TV every 20 seconds.) He did not listen to my concerns, did not answer my questions, was rushed while speaking with me, gave no concern to the fact that I was horribly broken out, and then left the room without saying a word. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE bedside manner.