PAIN Arrives a Few Days Later... - Shelby Twp, MI

The procedure wasn't 'painful' but...

The procedure wasn't 'painful' but definitely uncomfortable. I had below my bellybutton done - the post-pregnancy pooch I cannot seem to lose by 4 days a week at the gym and a relatively healthy diet. (although I need to lose a few pounds all over if that makes a difference). A few days after, I started getting prickling and shooting pain in the treated area. The skin was very bruised, but healing fine - no redness or irritation appeared there. Yet the nerve endings feel like they are on fire! Like bee stings randomly all over. It's very difficult to focus on work, kids, even to sleep and Advil does nothing to help. I was told to try Aspercreme topical lotion - but again, no help. I will be calling again... hoping to see if there is anything to help.

Thankfully the pain subsided and it now feels like...

Thankfully the pain subsided and it now feels like the area is just sunburned (no redness or irritation on the skin though), which I can definitely handle. I really think the company marketing this product needs to edit their claims of "No Pain". Simply wasn't true in my case.

I wasn't informed of this possible side effect. Apparently they knew about it.

The first time I had it done it lasted about 10 days. I just had another session and this time it only lasted about five days. This time around I wore control top underwear (during the day) that completely covered the treated area. You'd think you would want to avoid wearing anything snug since it's so sensitive, but it's actually better because then your clothes don't swish across the skin on your stomach, which is agonizing. The control top underwear sort of deadens the supersensitivity. At home I just wore a sports bra and shorts pulled down low so nothing touched the skin. Before I went to bed, I put Burnjelplus (from Walmart) on the area. It has lidocaine and seemed to effectively numb it just long enough for me to fall asleep. Good luck!
Yes I thought of the control top undies and got me a pair over the weekend and it does help. I am going to try the lidocaine gel, but mostly the pain is inside like im getting poked inside with needles, not so much the skin .
How long did the pins and needles pain last? I had mine done 6 days ago and just yesterday I started feeling the pinching and is soooooo bad! Nothing is helping the pain as far as Tylenol and Advil. Please tell me it only lasted a few days? :(
Had my second session on May 28. Although I knew what to expect, it was still pretty awful for the first few minutes. About four days afterward, the pain and tingling started up again. I know it should only last a week so I'm not too concerned. I bought a few of these really high-waisted control top panties from Walmart for $9. They're super snug and go up to the bottom of my bra. They are a lifesaver!

It's still too early to see any changes from the second session, but I'm optimistic that my stomach will get even flatter than the first time.
It's been a little over a month since my first Zeltiq treatment on my abdomen. I definitely can see results! I have less belly fat, and I haven't changed my diet or started exercising, so it has to be because of the Zeltiq. I plan another session in a few weeks and will repost then.
Ayone had any positive results yet from zeltiq?? Very curios to see how you are all doing now?
The pain/sensitivity will pass after about two weeks. I had Zeltiq on my lower abdomen on 4/2. I have a fairly high pain threshold so I was completely unprepared when they first put the attachment on. The look on my face must have been alarming because the nurse asked if I wanted her to remove it. I'm stubborn (plus I'd already prepaid for two treatments) so I said no. The first three or four minutes were horrific. It hurt like hell. After about five minutes it then got really cold so it became just uncomfortable. When they took it off after an hour my stomach was frozen into the shape of the applicator. It went down pretty quickly and I was fine the rest of the day.

Two days later the weirdness began. I started getting sharp intermittent pains in the area, but even worse was the extreme sensitivity to anything brushing against the skin. I tried wearing a light silk fabric, but the whooshing across my skin was unbearable. What ended up being the most comfortable was a snug Lycra camisole, mostly because it stayed pressed against my skin and didn't move. At home I just wore a sports bra and my husband's boxer shorts pulled down low.

This went on for a good ten days and it's now a lot better. I've noticed some improvement in the area. It's flatter and when I squeeze it together it's not as thick.

Hang in there, it will pass!
I agree with you 100%. When reading this it was like you were talking about me. I get 4 free treatment because the first session did nothing. I can add that I have not had a period in over a year. well surprise. I started my period. I had it for about 5 months. Then it stopped. I'm really scared to do the 3 session (free) because of the awful pinching and pain. The first session did nothing.
Funny I'm having all this and more..They tell me I'm in the .004% of patients..very rare..
I am ready to scream .oh no wait I have..its been over a week ..they say it should only be one more week..
Ugh
My pain and burning has eased up a bit, but definitely still there and have the same problem w/ pants that rub the area. I have tried lots of over the counter lotions with no luck. Definitely upset they didn't mention this a a possible side effect.
I had Zeltiq 2 weeks ago with very little pain...more like twinges but the abdomen was very tender. I wore loose fitting clothes and kept my leggings, etc. rolled down below the belly line. Avoided underwear that hit this area as well and resort to thongs, etc. Also, my doctor suggested a high waisted compression garment and massaging daily with Eucerin or other rich cream. At this point, my pants are starting to feel comfortable again and I am no longer wearing special garments.
I wasn't advised of any burning sensation either. I have to keep my pants un botton because of the feeling. I was told the numbness would last about a week or two but that was normal. I did take a muschle relaxer last night and the night before - it allowed me to get a good night sleep. The burning has gone down after two days. I will keep you posted.
I have consult appt scheduled for next week at the place I assume you had your procedure. At this point, was it worth it? Did they encourage you to have Coolsculpt done on the day of your consult as they did for me on the day of my Mesotherapy consult two years ago? Admittedly, I loved the staff and facility but after two years my lower abs are accumulating that wee bit of fat that is the only trouble spot on my otherwise tight body. Thinking Coolsculpt is the next option. It seems more expensive than Meso but must be less bloating and painful than Meso, which left me looking distended for weeks after each procedure.
I don't see any improvement and it has been 1 month now. Yes they offered me the opportunity to do it the same day, which I did. I am glad I didn't make an appointment for a second procedure because I don't think I will be doing this again.