PAIN Arrives a Few Days Later... - Shelby Twp, MI

The procedure wasn't 'painful' but...

The procedure wasn't 'painful' but definitely uncomfortable. I had below my bellybutton done - the post-pregnancy pooch I cannot seem to lose by 4 days a week at the gym and a relatively healthy diet. (although I need to lose a few pounds all over if that makes a difference). A few days after, I started getting prickling and shooting pain in the treated area. The skin was very bruised, but healing fine - no redness or irritation appeared there. Yet the nerve endings feel like they are on fire! Like bee stings randomly all over. It's very difficult to focus on work, kids, even to sleep and Advil does nothing to help. I was told to try Aspercreme topical lotion - but again, no help. I will be calling again... hoping to see if there is anything to help.

My pain and burning has eased up a bit, but definitely still there and have the same problem w/ pants that rub the area. I have tried lots of over the counter lotions with no luck. Definitely upset they didn't mention this a a possible side effect.
I had Zeltiq 2 weeks ago with very little pain...more like twinges but the abdomen was very tender. I wore loose fitting clothes and kept my leggings, etc. rolled down below the belly line. Avoided underwear that hit this area as well and resort to thongs, etc. Also, my doctor suggested a high waisted compression garment and massaging daily with Eucerin or other rich cream. At this point, my pants are starting to feel comfortable again and I am no longer wearing special garments.
I wasn't advised of any burning sensation either. I have to keep my pants un botton because of the feeling. I was told the numbness would last about a week or two but that was normal. I did take a muschle relaxer last night and the night before - it allowed me to get a good night sleep. The burning has gone down after two days. I will keep you posted.

Thankfully the pain subsided and it now feels like...

Thankfully the pain subsided and it now feels like the area is just sunburned (no redness or irritation on the skin though), which I can definitely handle. I really think the company marketing this product needs to edit their claims of "No Pain". Simply wasn't true in my case.

The first time I had it done it lasted about 10 days. I just had another session and this time it only lasted about five days. This time around I wore control top underwear (during the day) that completely covered the treated area. You'd think you would want to avoid wearing anything snug since it's so sensitive, but it's actually better because then your clothes don't swish across the skin on your stomach, which is agonizing. The control top underwear sort of deadens the supersensitivity. At home I just wore a sports bra and shorts pulled down low so nothing touched the skin. Before I went to bed, I put Burnjelplus (from Walmart) on the area. It has lidocaine and seemed to effectively numb it just long enough for me to fall asleep. Good luck!
Yes I thought of the control top undies and got me a pair over the weekend and it does help. I am going to try the lidocaine gel, but mostly the pain is inside like im getting poked inside with needles, not so much the skin .

I wasn't informed of this possible side effect. Apparently they knew about it.