Upper and Lower Eye Surgery - Cairo, Egypt

I am almost 55 years old and had upper and lower...

I am almost 55 years old and had upper and lower eye surgery. My eyes were getting very tired looking with sagging skin over the eye and a hollow look under my eye. I have lost a lot of weight in the past 10 years and its taken a toll on my face. I am hoping for a more refreshed look and not to look so tired. I am just 3 days out of surgery and looking very scary with my eyes barely open and my whole face swollen . My doctor tells me this is normal.
The surgery its self was more painful then it should have been with the last 10 minuets the nova cane was waring off and felt a lot of it. instead of the doctor stopping and making things more comfortable for me he decided to let me tough it threw , stating we are all most done but almost was more then it should have been. not a good experience at all.

day 5 had the upper tape removed.

My vision gets blurred a lot due to the dry eyes and my left eye looks like it's off but i still have alot of healing to do. I am still very hopeful just impatient .

day 6 april 18 back to being very worried again, ugg

I am very worried and don't like what I see, This is day 6 and every thing i have been reading sease the stitches need to come out in 7 days. I will call my doctor as I need to clear this up with him and see if i miss understood. I just know that there was no mention of a appointment to remove my stitches till the 29th. I will up date after I get a response from my doctor .

a very quick responce from my doctor on stitch removel

Dear Cheryl,
1. The stitches will be removed on 29 as planned, in fact if the healing is not complete I might delay it even more. The type of stitches and your medical problems mandate that.
2. I hope the feedback you mentioned you are getting is from qualified medical professionals... sometimes unprofessional feedback causes more harm and more panic than good to the patient.
3. I think you forgot to wish me a Happy Easter. Thanks anyway, but I am on vacation till April 23rd .

Best regards
Adel Wilson MBBCh., MD, M.Sc., FRCS

responce to stitces

My Doctor was very good at responding to my e mail and explained to me that due to my medical condition my stitches have to stay in much longer . the 29th as it stands and also informs me It may be longer.

looking a bit better i think

I feel I worry way to much, I am seeing it looking better and can see i am a very slow healer. I confident My doctor knows what he is doing and I am just being a difficult patient. He is a good doctor and i need to trust more and stop my worrying.

11 days post opp/ what a roller coaster ride.

I wish the was a check list question to ask your doctor post opp. I was surely asked if I had any but just did not know the roller coaster ride i would be taking in figuring out why my stitches where to stay in this lath of time. I am on Plavix witch is a blood thinner and im sure this may cause a slower healing time. but to go this length of time with out being seen, well im just not comfortable with it. I wish he had explained a little more about why. I will call tomorrow for a second opinion . I feel at this stage it may be the best thing. My stitches appear to be disappearing into my face where some of them are red and raised. How are they to be removed if you cant get to them. Just a scary thought.

Healing and waiting

2 more days and my stitches come out, I hope. Things do look better and am feeling better about how things are going. I'm not prototypical so it can be hard to know what is best. For now I just need to trust in my doctor and leave it up to him. It can be such a hard call and i realize how difficult patients as my self must be. God bless our Doctors for what they do and for there understanding , patients , and good dedicated work.

17th day post opp, stitches removed

I am very very pleased with Dr Adel. All that worry about the la-nth of time of the stitches made no difference when it came to a very good out come. He knows what he is doing and dose incredible work. Im a little puffy still and have a few more wks. of healing yet before I really see the end result but wow , what a difference. will up date again in one wk. Thank you Dr Adel.

3 wks post opp on upper and lower eye surgery

still a little puffy and some redness but looking much much better.

set back, posable infection in left eye

yesterday my eye felt more sore and puffy and today it watering and i have intense shooting pain that get worse with the light. It is making me sick to my stomach it hurts so much and i have to wait another 8 to 10 hrs before a doctor will be avalible . 5/7/2014 7am ugg, not a good day
Egypt Plastic Surgeon

Hey there aldjahie, your looking great at the after picture however I cant really tell the difference in the eye bags because the first or before picture is too far. I live in Egypt too and I'm a 22 year old male who has bags and wrinkly skin under eyes and I want to do a lower blepharoplasty. I researched a bit on the best doctors in Cairo and I found Dr. Taher Ismail. Have you heard of him and what made you choose Dr. Adel Wilson and how much did it cost (Dr. Taher said Lower will cost 8k EGP). Did you do it through local anaesthetic or general or sedative? Sorry for the many questions, Thanks and good luck on your result!
You are looking great!
thank you so sweet of you to say. im feeling so much better about every thing
a bit of a set back, im getting alot of pain in my left eye and the light is causing me alot of pain. I think I have some kind of infection. have to go another 8 to 10 hrs befor a doctor is avalable. The pain is awful. :(
Is there anyway you can talk to a Dr. on call? Sometimes light sensitivity can be corneal related :(
I am in egypt and i told my husband I was in alot of pain and he told me no one would be avalable till tonight. that the doctors wont be open till this evening and he left me here alone and went to work. :( i have no way to find out as i do not speek arabic. but im in alot of pain right now.
You might try the "Ask a Doctor" at the top of the page to see if there is anything you can do in the meantime?
ok
How are you doing?
i am doing much better , i have medication from the eye doctor that is working well ty. I put some cover up one last week and should not have done that. I believe that this is what caused the infection.
Oh good glad you are doing better :)
ty Jade58
i dont blame you for worrying it is not easy to see your self all banged up and unrecognizable it takes months for the healing to even start to look like the end result and a full year for the end result. dont worry,i am sure you will be fine the only thing i had concerns about were your stitches because the eye area tissue is so delicate if you would like ,i could write your doctor for you voicing your concerns. i will help anybody i can in any way i can colleen keep us posted
Hi Colleen, feels good to get the support as i am scared out of my mind. I see you have been threw some tough times. The stitches? WellI have spoken to my Doctor over this issue and his response to me was... I have medical problems witch he is talking into consideration. and that they will stay in for the full 17 days till the 29th. he said jt may, be even longer if im not healed. No need for you to do this in for me ty anyway. I have also counseled with other doctor's On this sight who supports your concerns. I am hoping he knows something everyone does not. I am wishing to have a partial face lift but am now having second thoughts about it. we will see how this goes first. keep in touch and ty again.
Thanks for writing a review on RealSelf, I hope you continue to provide updates so we can follow your healing journey.  I wouldn't worry about how you look right now- the first week is the worst.  You won't see your real results for six months (I didn't see mine for eight!).  Be patient, I know it is hard.
6 months? Really? why does it take so long, wow. is it just the eyes that take so long or is this also true with a partial face lift. really thinking twice about that. maybe I should just do the boe tox injections, any one with any advice ? I would love to hear it.
Six months for eyelid surgery, I'm not sure about a facelift.  It seems like a simple surgery but your body takes a while to heal.  You will look "normal" after a couple weeks, but you will notice inconsistent swelling day to day for the six month period.  It will be subtle though.
I will post my reply and comments at the end of the follow up period.
الحمد لله على سلامتك i had the same surgery last week and i am still recovering , took the stitches out yesterday and i am very happy with my results .
i am still hopeful of good results, its so hard right now as it looks so awful. i still have to wait till the 29th to have my stitches removed.
I am still very hopeful that this will all turn out good. The processes of going threw all this can be very very scary. one minuet I am thinking," OMG!!! My face is all messed up!!!". then I calm down and tell my self be patient , it's ok. No doubt I see improvement in the healing but as far as it looking good , well I am still a few wks short of that.
Laila, I am sure my case must have a reason but my stitches have to stay in till the 29th and my surgery was the 12th so have to have them in for 17 days. may be because i am on blood thinners, not sure why.
i hope he is not leaving the stitches in your eyes in until the 29th.the eye area is very delicate and will scar. usually if only in the eye area the stitches will come out 5-7 days after the procedure
stitches if he removed the bra covering them that the stitches would fall in under the eye and to be vary careful not to remove it or get it wet. I will contact him on this again to make sure i did not miss something. ty for letting me know.
no he did not remove them, i had my surgery on the 12th.