Love my Nearly Perfect Nose - Seoul, South Korea

I always had a flat nose bridge so got a nose job...

I always had a flat nose bridge so got a nose job in Korea but the first PS shaved down my bridge prior to inserting silicone on it. He said it was to hold the silicone insert better. It didn't look unnatural but it didn't help make it look better.

Second surgery Dr. Kim tried to repair what the first PS did but it still didn't fix the problem. Went back to Dr. Kim and he worked very diligently in correcting the problem this time. He stitched internally the tip of my nose (it was kind of drooping down the tip, a little parrot-like), so that it would hold the tip of the nose, which also had the cartilage from the back of the ear implanted in the tip, to the top of inbetween my eyes.

I don't know if I explained that correctly. The tip looks so nice and my nose is not that ultra fake looking too high bridged stick straight nose you see in all of the Korean dramas. Very satisfied with Dr. Kim. A lot of celebrities go to him, he's one of the best for noses.

Dr. Kim

Dr. Su Shin Kim (MD, PhD) is very highly educated, has perfect bedside manners, is gentle, takes his time in answering your questions, and is extremely professional without being cold. His clients are Korean celebrities, so maybe that has something to do with it. He's been retired since 2010-2011. His clinic was Real Clinic in Apkujung, Gangnam, Seoul. Real Clinic http://www.real-beauty.co.kr/index.php South Korea: 042-477-8080 You're going to need a Korean translator to speak to them for you.

scrolled down and found it! your nose looks beautiful! its so hard to narrow down a good surgeon -_-
Thanks! It is hard to get that perfect surgeon, there are so many awful surgeons with no aesthetic taste in Korea, I hope you have a great outcome as well for your surgery! I'm actually thinking about getting mine redone again in Korea, this time with rib bone for the bridge. It lasts forever vs silicone or gortex that is more malleable but can change shape after years. Also, Dr. Kim is retired now, I think since 2010 or 2011. When I call to research for the topmost nose surgeon and view his work to confirm my choice I'll post.
OH no!!! Is he retired?! The thing is I've been looking for "Real" for the past three years, is just I couldn't find it online!!! I know a girl who got work there and she looks like a total different person!! I got reccommended JW, but I don't know, it's not really what I'm looking for...from what I've seen in the gallery! I hear Dream is okay just I don't know which doctor! I guess I have to research more! I have no idea what I want or need for my nose! It's just short, no bridge and broad! Well do update when you can!! Cheers! xx
Yeah, he's now on the speaking lecturing circuit, retired from practicing. The most private clinics you won't find that well, they don't market heavily since they don't need to and their clientele are resident Korean celebs. You kind of have to know a Korean woman who lives in Korea and is obsessed with beauty and perfection to get advice from them, they'll have done massive research prior to having anything done. If you don't mind the hardness of the rib bone, it never moves and will last forever. But if you want a softer cartilage-like feel, then they'll most likely recommend gortex, but it will change shape after 6-8 years. You shouldn't reduce the broadness, that's a good trait to have! Just get the nose bridge and if need it the tip enhanced with cartilage from behind the ear. Be sure to take a lot of vitamin C for faster bruising healing. In Korea, they had "Lemona packets", a concentrated vitamin C powder in individual serving packets, pretty inexpensive, but all the ladies were taking that excessively to reduce swelling and the dark purple bruising. They'll also tell you not to take any fish oil or blood thinner vitamins or medications for a week prior to surgery, but that's a given. I'd also take Skin Biology's copper peptides serum to qtip over the small surgical scar in the inner area of your nose for faster healing and minimal scarring. :)
Awesome!! Thanks so much for the advice love!~ I do have family in Korea, and have one cousin who got everything done but it's not really my taste you know ? I guess I'm just super picky but I'll definitely keep that in mind... I don't know whether I want the rib bone now lolhehe but I'll definitely try out the skin biology serum if I do so !~ thanks again!!!
Hi sorry, which clinic is Dr. Kim from??
oh can u communicate with him in Language?
He's retired now.
tks so much for sharing your experience. im looking to have a rinoplasty. contacted this clinic in korea via email, knowing me living in Australia, they wanted $6k for a nose job. straight way i said to them, it doesnt sound right. but thanks again for sharing your experience. may i ask which doctor kim? do u have his full name, so i can request him when i contact the hospital.
I recently found that he's retired now and on the lecturing circuit. $6 would be maybe for a revision surgery, not initial surgery, tell them your Korean friends saif they never paid that much.
Jeen: you can stay for a week if you wanna cut the cost. There's hotel nearby that's only cost 50$ a night. It's not gonna be a fancy hotel, but it's clean enough to sleep in. If you don't mind. But I'd say be careful if you gonna have a plastic surgery in Korea. Make sure to pick the right one. I had mine done about 3 months ago with dr. Kim from Bk. He had good reviews but he still messed up my nose. I ended up having a shorty ugly nose. All they ever said to me was to wait until 6 months for the final result. But I don't think my tip is gonna drop again. My first nose job looked so much better on my face. I paid 5500k for the nose job itself.
You're nose looks great. J/w,,,,What made you no choose Dr.Jung..he's like the nose guru in Korea.
My cousins research the best doctors for the most natural aesthetic look so you don't look "done". Those doctors never mass market either so they're not likely to be known by foreigners, which is a shame. Mass marketung clinics usually target Chinese, Singaporeans, Vietnamese, who don't seem to mind looking plastiocized in the face or body. Korean women are pretty obsessed with things looking as natural as possible so we'll researh to the bone til we're satisfied. Those top celeb surgeons also revise your surgery even after years if you're not satisfied, that's amazing client relationships.
very nice nose. so overall how much did you spend. and how did you find the family for staying. was it your family or a korean family who receive you, and how much they charge
I had a revision nose job so it was almost $4k, probably closer to $3500 back 6 years ago. They probably raised prices a but since then. I stayed with family, no charge. It really only takes 7-10 days for your stitches to come out and for final evaluation. If pressed, you can certainly do a 1 week stay but you'll be bruised a dark purple and puffy like a lion face at the airport. Swelling and bruise fading takes about a month.
thank you for sharing your experience! how long did it take you to heal?
It took about 2 weeks for all swelling to come down and another maybe 1-2 weeks for all of the bruising to disappear.
Your nose looks so natural unlike fake "Han Ga in" nose + mole that copied by many female celebs in Korea.
Thanks!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us. I'm thinking about getting my nose done but not sure where to start.

Did you consult with Dr. Kim first before flying there? When you got there, did you go see him then come back for surgery on another day? How long did you stay at his clinic? Did you come back later for checkup?

I'm not sure how to get around with bandages on my face. Also, I don't know how long to stay in Korea before heading home. I just don't want to come home then have problems. how can I find a translator in Korea? Thank you again.
I didn't consult with him first from America, I flew there and then consulted with him prior to coming back a few days later for the surgery. I think surgery was 1 hr or so, they put you under for that and you're bandaged up for about a week. I didn't stay at his clinic. It's outpatient procedure, only 1 hr for the surgery. Yes, you do have to come back for removal of stitches and for Dr. Kim to check to make sure your swelling is coming down and to make sure everything looks perfect. You only have to go in for 2 checkups after surgery.

There's so much nose jobs/surgeries in Korea they don't really care if you walk around with bandages on your face. But calling a private taxi to take you back to the hotel will save you the time of having to try to get one on the street. I'd get a hotel close to the clinic. 10 - 14 days should be plenty of time. And you can get a translator through any school or university english department.
His MD Phd profile
This is the doctor, he wrote this book: Plastic Dream.
Hello there,
Your nose is sooo pretty =)
I was trying to look for the clinic's website, I am not sure if I found a right one. Because I sent in 2 inquiries. None of those were replied. Do you mind sending me their correct address? and Do you happen to know how much do they charge if I just want my tip done? how was the recovery after a week or so? I'm debating if i should do my bridge too because I am not sure if it is a good idea to put something which doesn't belong to there originally. Like one day it will move? or the position will change or something?
What did you do to your nose? It looks very very pretty.

THanks so much~
This is Dr. Su Shin Kim and his Real Clinic's website:
South Korea: 042-477-8080
You're going to need a Korean translator to speak to them for you.