Facial Feminization Revision - Seattle, Wa.

In 2009 I had facial feminization surgery in...

In 2009 I had facial feminization surgery in Chicago and was left with several jagged highly visible scars. One of the worst scars was under my nose where my upper lip had been raised for a more feminine appearance. I was very self conscious about this scar. It was still noticeable when I was wearing makeup.
In December of 2012 I met with Dr. Cooper and had him examine my upper lip. Dr. Cooper said that he could improve the appearance of the scar above my lip. Dr. Cooper performed a revision on my upper lip below the nose on 01/08/14. Today is the first day after surgery. I have some swelling, and a small amount of bruising. There is no noticeable pain. Dr. Cooper removed the scar tissue from the previous surgery and then performed complex suturing to close the deep tissue. he closed the surface of the incision with Dermabond. I will have my post-op on the 13th.
I am quite anxious to see the results when I have healed for awhile.
Dr. Cooper has previously performed male to female breast augmentation surgery on me. I had previously reviewed the procedure. Unfortunately I don't have any before and after photos of my surgeries. Dr. Cooper has those photos and can provide them on request. Dr. Cooper will also have photos of my upper lip procedure.
Hi, I have the same problem from an upper lift. Aside from the problems with the base of my nose, which looks like 2 black holes, I also have a lot of scarring that can't be concealed (white and tethered). I am looking for a scar revision maybe in 2 years or so once I have enough skin followed by a revision rhinoplasty. I had the co2 laser before but it did very little to help the scars. Do you mind explaining what derma bond is? Thanks
Derma Bond is similar to a surgical grade super glue. It is used instead of sutures on the surface of a wound. I have had it used several times by different surgeons. I am several weeks post-op now, and am very pleased with how my upper lip is looking. Dr. Cooper has me gently massaging the scar several times a day.
I had FFS done in Chicago as well and experienced the same problem with my upper lip lift (perhaps by the same surgeon) and the doctor instructed me to press down on the scar with the end of a tube of ChapStick (cap on, of course) and it did nothing to fix the problem.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cooper remains my choice for cosmetic procedures in Seattle. He is attentive and personable. He has a great bedside manner. His staff is excellent. The surgery center that he uses provided excellent care.