Facelift in My 40s! Love It - Seattle, WA

I was starting to become unhappy with the signs of...

I was starting to become unhappy with the signs of aging.

I was 44 and had always looked young for my age.  I wanted to maintain a younger refreshed appearance NOW, not try to reverse the clock back too much by waiting until I was 55 or 60.

I am SO happy I decided to get a facelift in my 40s.  I will have that many MORE years to enjoy my cuter appearance!  My jowls were starting to sag, my eyelids were starting to hood, and my brows were drooping slightly.  Mainly, my jowls were bothering me the most at the time, but now looking back at photos when I was 40, I am so glad I also had the upper blepharoplasty done as well.  My husband of 20 years says I am the hottest I have every been!

I wanted to meet Dr. Salemy because  I felt his before/after pictures showed the most natural results.  And it was true for me.  He is very committed to natural looking results.  No one knows I had a facelift.  Friends say, "You look so pretty!"

Get it done in your 40s ladies!! Believe me, if you are seeing the signs and are unhappy now, it's not going to get better in the next 10 years.  Do it now if you are even thinking about it at all.  Enjoy it now while you still FEEL young!

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I am SO pleased with the results of my lower facelift, browlift and blepharoplasty performed by Dr. Salemy! He is the real thing. Genuinely kind, honest, extremely intelligent, down-to-earth and, I must say, an artist! I could go on and on. Once you meet him, you will know. I had met 3 other surgeons before him. Once I left Dr. Salemy's office, I said to my mom (who came with me): "he's the one." I travelled from the east side of the state to have my surgery performed by Dr. Salemy.

Facelift and neck.
Thanks so much. I'm nervous, but sooo excited, too. I have a loosey neck and an accordion look on my cheeks when I smile. I can't wait to see the new neck contour since that has been gone since having kids. Im not doing he eyes yet. Dr and I agree they are ok for now with Botox. Thanks for answering so promptly!
How long ago did you have it done?
October 2011. And by the 18th day when your husband returns, you should be looking and feeling really good! If you are only doing your neck it should not be that bad at all.
Yes, my neck down below my ears did have some brusing. Very easily covered with some thicker foundation. My jowls were slightly bruised too. The most bruising was around my eyes. Oh, and I did not have any drains at all.
Was your neck or face bruised? My theory is it'll be less invasive because it's less work ...at least that's what I'm telling myself...hehehe!
Congratulations ! i believe when the sag begins,its always time to do something about it.
And your surgeon sounds great to.
I really appreciate you answering. I am hoping that since we were younger at the start, the surgery will be easier and a little less involved. As you know, at this stage, it's all I can think about! My husband is leaving 4 days after surgery. I think this is a blessing since I'm hoping he'll come back post op plus 18 days and I'll be in good shape as far as recovery. Thanks again so much...did you have a drain when you came home?
The recovery was not too bad. My head was wrapped in a bandage for three days following surgery. That was the most uncomfortable part. There was a tight feeling under my chin and up to my ears from the necklift. That lasted a couple of weeks actually. But it got better and better each day. My eyes didn't bother me much at all, although there was some bruising. There wasn't much pain at all. I only needed pain medication the first day really. I felt much better once the bandage was removed. And don't be surprised if your face seems molded in a weird shape when the bandage comes off! I was a little scared when I first saw myself! But all the swelling goes down and it is SO worth it in the end!
I'm your age, going in may 1. Please tell me about your recovery. Thanks!