Mill Creek Skin and Laser CoolSculpt - Seattle, WA

Consult: I am a medical aesthetician from the...

Consult:
I am a medical aesthetician from the Seattle area and first heard about CoolSculpt when I was in school a few years back. Over the past two years I have lost about 70#s. The only area I am unhappy with is my tummy. I was delighted to find a clinic in my area that offered the procedure and accepts care credit.

I made an appt online at Mill Creek Skin and Laser. They called me back to confirm a date. When I arrived I was greeted by the receptionist and CoolSculpt Technician Robert. I was escorted to the patient room to watch a video (a montage of sorts showing tv spots/ news reports) and fill out paperwork. A female assistant accompanied me during the exam which made me feel more comfortable. All in all it was thorough and I asked all the questions I felt necessary.

We determined I could do 3 large sections to treat my areas of concern. One above my belly button and two side-by-side below. The price would be $3400 for them all but I decided to to the top one and see how it turns out.

Procedure:
The day of the procedure I went in the exam room after paying and filling out some paperwork. They gave me shorts to wear so I wouldn't get my clothes dirty. In the future I'll be wearing yoga pants, built in bra tank and a hoodie next time. I was given Tylenol, exposed the area and sat in a chair that laid back a lil bit. A small cold wet gel sheet was put over the treatment area and the hand piece was placed over my stomach... This is the part that HURTS! It suctioned the fat into the hand piece and its cold, I mean REALLY cold!! So the first few minutes are crazy then it quickly moves into a comfortable numb. They put a pillow under it and a blanket over me. I was cozy and at that time they turn the lights down, play spa music and I took a nap for the 60 minutes. They gave me a lil buzzer in hand just in case I needed anything. It was very important that I not move and disconnect the suction. My session would be over if it did.

Aftercare:
I have little to no bruising. The area looked like a lil football was shoved into my tummy. It has been numb up until today (three days later), now it feels prickly but not painful. Sort of like when your leg falls asleep and it starts to get feeling again... Tingle tingle! I sleep on my back and wear a slim fitting tank and during the day I wear a spanks girdle. It seems most comfortable when the area is kept tight.

I posted pics, feel free to ask Qs and I'll keep updating.

Robert Bowley