Fat transfer to breast today!

I have over the muscle saline implants x 20 yrs...

I have over the muscle saline implants x 20 yrs and am having them removed Monday. I'm nervous but thanks to this site & all of the wonderful women willing to share their stories, I don't feel alone. My PS is also doing a capsulectomy then in 6 weeks I will go back for a fat transfer procedure. The reason I had them placed initially was because of asymmetric breasts so the fat transfer will hopefully resolve that issue!

Wishing you well on Monday! We will all be thinking of you . Will you be posting pictures?
Thank you toomakeup for the well wishes! I will post pictures. I'm definitely nervous about the whole process but am hopeful it will all turn out well. I'm just so looking forward to getting my implants out & feeling natural again.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! How come you want your implants removed rather than replaced?

Fat transfer is a great option for some ladies. I hope it works fabulously well for you. Please keep us posted!

The implants came out on Monday. Capsulectomy...

The implants came out on Monday. Capsulectomy done on both sides with the left side being pretty severe. I have drains in which hopefully will come out in a couple of days.

I'm in Portland, and plan to have consults with Dr Salemy and Dr Rand. They both have excellent reviews, education, pix, etc., so I'm hoping for that "click" feeling w/ one or the other in person. It's encouraging to see your review for Dr Salemy. I hope your recovery is going well! Looking forward to any updates :) Cheers!
Dr Salemy has been great. He has an excellent bedside manner, communicates well & genuinely seems to care about his patients. So far I'm very pleased with every process. I know what you mean about the click. Because I'm a very black & white kind of personality, his straight forward communication about the pros & cons regarding my procedures works well for me. And he has been wonderful about taking the time to answer all of my questions. What are you having done?
Thanks for your response :) I'm getting an explant, (10 year old implants), and I want a lift, but waiting for consults to see if I should stage the 2, or can get a good result doing them together. My implants are saline, almost 600cc's, & I have a good deal of natural tissue. Pretty sure those add up to a full anchor lift, unfortunately. How are you feeling? Do you plan to post after pix? Thanks, again, and hope you are doing very well!

Well ladies, today is the big day! I've been...

Well ladies, today is the big day! I've been awake for hours nervous about the hopefully last part of my surgery - fat transfer to my breasts after the implant removal. The surgery is at 10am & i'll post an update later today or tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Wondering how you are doing now that you are a year out from surgery? Every doc can show you good pics but i think the most important determining factor is hearing feedback from patients on how the experience has been long term.
Hi , wondered how you are doing after your fat graft procedure, will you post pics? Are you happy with the results? Had my implants out, lift and fat graft, but going in for more fat grafting in 3 weeks
Thank you for all of the well wishes. The surgery went very well. Dr. Salemy did a fabulous job. They took fat from my love handles, stomach & medial thighs. My breasts look great. I'm sore from the lipo - especially in the love handle area! The fat transfer is a great option. I'll post photos soon!
Seattle Plastic Surgeon