Fat transfer to breast today!

I have over the muscle saline implants x 20 yrs...

I have over the muscle saline implants x 20 yrs and am having them removed Monday. I'm nervous but thanks to this site & all of the wonderful women willing to share their stories, I don't feel alone. My PS is also doing a capsulectomy then in 6 weeks I will go back for a fat transfer procedure. The reason I had them placed initially was because of asymmetric breasts so the fat transfer will hopefully resolve that issue!

The implants came out on Monday. Capsulectomy...

The implants came out on Monday. Capsulectomy done on both sides with the left side being pretty severe. I have drains in which hopefully will come out in a couple of days.

Well ladies, today is the big day! I've been...

Well ladies, today is the big day! I've been awake for hours nervous about the hopefully last part of my surgery - fat transfer to my breasts after the implant removal. The surgery is at 10am & i'll post an update later today or tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Research!

Wondering how you are doing now that you are a year out from surgery? Every doc can show you good pics but i think the most important determining factor is hearing feedback from patients on how the experience has been long term.
Hi , wondered how you are doing after your fat graft procedure, will you post pics? Are you happy with the results? Had my implants out, lift and fat graft, but going in for more fat grafting in 3 weeks
Thank you for all of the well wishes. The surgery went very well. Dr. Salemy did a fabulous job. They took fat from my love handles, stomach & medial thighs. My breasts look great. I'm sore from the lipo - especially in the love handle area! The fat transfer is a great option. I'll post photos soon!
hi, i am thinking of performing a fat transfer procedure with dr. salemy. is it possible to post any photos so i could know how is the result like ?
Best wishes for your procedure with Dr Salemy today! I hope it went smoothly, and you achieve the results you're hoping for. Just think, you're done w/ boobie surgeries! Congrats : )
All the luck in the world to you, or I should say, I pray for your surgeons skills to be in action during your surgery....:0) I'm sure all will go well and you will post following your dreamy feeling......God Bless angelface1
Good luck today! Where are they taking the fat from?
Good Luck...Can't wait to see your results. Happy Healing
I'm in Portland, and plan to have consults with Dr Salemy and Dr Rand. They both have excellent reviews, education, pix, etc., so I'm hoping for that "click" feeling w/ one or the other in person. It's encouraging to see your review for Dr Salemy. I hope your recovery is going well! Looking forward to any updates :) Cheers!
Dr Salemy has been great. He has an excellent bedside manner, communicates well & genuinely seems to care about his patients. So far I'm very pleased with every process. I know what you mean about the click. Because I'm a very black & white kind of personality, his straight forward communication about the pros & cons regarding my procedures works well for me. And he has been wonderful about taking the time to answer all of my questions. What are you having done?
Thanks for your response :) I'm getting an explant, (10 year old implants), and I want a lift, but waiting for consults to see if I should stage the 2, or can get a good result doing them together. My implants are saline, almost 600cc's, & I have a good deal of natural tissue. Pretty sure those add up to a full anchor lift, unfortunately. How are you feeling? Do you plan to post after pix? Thanks, again, and hope you are doing very well!
I feel really well & have not regretted the explant at all. I have enjoyed having small, soft breasts! I will post pix before & after the fat transfer. I've been lazy about taking post explant photos, sorry:-) Let me know how your consult goes & what you decide. Good luck!
How are you doing? I see you had both capsulectomies done, how do you feel? I am having the same done on the 12th.
I'm feeling great. I'm not sore anymore. I go in for fat transfer on April 18th. Good luck with your surgery.
How are you feeling? What do you mean by severe? are you ok?
I'm feeling great! The left side capsule was very thick which made it more difficult to remove but everything went well otherwise. The drains are still in place & should come out by Monday:-)) I'm very happy with my results thus far & am looking forward to the fat transfer. I have asymmetrical breast tissue which is why I got the implants originally. As you can see by my pics I had small implants to begin with. The left side is raised which was due to the more significant encapsulation on that side. I will take explantation photos in another week or two & post them.
I am 50 this year and so ready to be done with the bags, I am not anti-implant and they served a purpose for me when I decided to get them in, they were grerat for awhile and then became such a big problem, had CC 3 surguries , the list goes on , until I wised up enough to find the right doc to remove instead of talking me into replacement once again. March 22 is my explant date! yay!
Good luck on your day! My thoughts & well wishes will be coming your way!
Hello ! Our pictures are so similiar ,although mine are under the muscle and I have a little more assymetry than you. I wanted to let you I wish you a great outcome on Monday and will be sending healing thoughts your way!
Wishing you happy healing and a speedy recovery!
Thank you! I'm doing really well & haven't had even a moment of regret regarding the removal.
awesome! it is so great to feel natural again! how long do you have to wait for the fat transfer? is there a chance you'll decide not to go through with it?
I have to wait a minimum of 6 weeks. If I'm symmetrical & "fluff up" I won't go through with the fat transfer. It's difficult to tell right now how my breasts will look because I'm wearing both a compression bra & ace wrap. I'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks I think.
Wishing you well on Monday! We will all be thinking of you . Will you be posting pictures?
Thank you toomakeup for the well wishes! I will post pictures. I'm definitely nervous about the whole process but am hopeful it will all turn out well. I'm just so looking forward to getting my implants out & feeling natural again.