My Fear Overcome - Seattle, WA

When I was a child I was hospitalized and received...

When I was a child I was hospitalized and received many injections dueto my illness. This was the beginning of my pain and phobia that involved needles. To this day, and even as I write this, I become anxious and emotional. It is the one thing I am really not able to contol. So obviously I would never volunteer to give blood or a needle poke. As we age (and it stinks!) my friends would get Botox and fillers and remain fabulous. I was held by my fear, and there I remained.

My friend told me about her physician, Dr. Ridgway, and how he was an artist with a heart of gold. So I went and we met. He seemed (appeared) far too young to understand - until I found out that he was in his forties and looked young. What a kind doctor. He explained everything in detail, took all the time I needed and earned my confidence to make the leap - to have my first Botox injection. All I could think after was the relief that I made it and how much of a sissy I had been! But actually it was how great he was. I have gone back for additional Botox and now a filler and could not be happier. It is not that I did not fit in with my friends before, it was that I held a fear that they did not. That was me then and this is me now!! :-)

Glad you were able to face your fear & get your botox done!! :)

What areas did you have treated?

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon