Asian Rhinoplasty Narrowing Nostrils Without Implant - Seattle, WA

I am Asian in my late 20s, 110lb, 5’1. You know...

I am Asian in my late 20s, 110lb, 5’1. You know the typical Asian. I had an over the phone pre-op with an RN, then comes the procedure, recovery was a breeze with minimum swelling and bruising. I highly recommend taking Arnica for swelling and bruising. I also ate a whole pineapple for bromelain (for bruising). I drank pineapple juice. I swear by it this regimen worked I had such minimal bruising I was surprised and happy. My bruising peaked on day 2 and began to decline on day 3 and 4. By day 7 all the bruising were gone! This was a better recovery than my eyelid surgery which I didn’t kow how to take Arnica and was bruising for over 2 weeks! Arnica is amazing! Take Arnica! I bought mine online which was ridiculously expensive, about $50. Then I later found out they also sell it at the whole foods store close by my place which only cost $10. Overall I spent about $100 on Arnica and this Anti-bruising (sorry I forgot the actual name). Well worth the money!

The rhinoplasty turned out just as I asked for, not too narrow not too pinched. My procedure included: breaking the side bones to narrow the nose, removing about 2.5mm of nostril skin, stitching up the cartilage on the tip of the nose. No implants were used! I didn’t want implants because I think they look fake and I worry of infection and such. Everything went amazingly well. The only down side is the scars on the nostrils are somewhat apparent. Someday they are obvious. I always make sure I wear concealer before leaving the house but they are still obvious. But I don’t care anymore. I am considering fraxel laser treatment to lessen the appearance of the scars. Also, now I want to narrow my nostril even more so I am planning on a 2nd surgery which will be local anesthesia this time, I consulted with Dr. Portuese and we are going to narrow by about 2 mm more, I’m excited!! Healing won’t be fun but I will love my new nose even more and I completely trust Dr. Portuese he is an excellent surgeon and I can’t express enough how happy I am with my nose job!

For those of you who are nervous about your nose job here are my advice: do your research so you know the in and out of the procedure, find an excellent surgeon who is experienced, has good before and after photos, and who you can trust. Definitely pick one who’s ENT specialized. I think Dr. Portuese is an ENT specialist. You most likely will feel depressed for 2-3 days post-op because of how bruised and swollen and uncomfortable you may feel, just trust that things will only get better and try to be as optimistic as possible this will help you heal faster. I didn’t know this for my eyelid surgery and I have to say it took me a week longer to heal and I felt horrible but with my rhinoplasty I knew better and my recovery was easy and quick. By week 2 and felt like myself again with the exception of the feeling of congested heavy nose but that’s expected. Check out Dr. Portuese credential and expertise. I would recommend anyone to him. In fact, my mom is coming to Dr. Portuese for eyelid surgery in October! And I will make sure to stock up on Arnica of course. Good luck those who are getting rhinoplasty soon!

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

from real self website. Thank you real self !! Dr. Portuese is an excellent surgeon who is personable, attentive and skillful. I went to two consultations and decided to go with Dr. Portuese for my rhinoplasty. I made sure I did my research as best as I could, learned the in and out of the rhinoplasty procedure. Compared to this other surgeon who boasted his vast experience in Asian rhinoplasty, Dr. Portuese was far superior. I felt that he could deliver what I wanted and I trusted Dr. Portuese. We spoke in length during the initial consultation talking about what I wanted, what he thought, what he could do what he wouldn’t do.

Thank you for sharing your experience and tips! We'd love to see your photos!