Recommended Without Reservation - Seattle, WA

I did it because I spent 27 years hating my body...

I did it because I spent 27 years hating my body and not feeling good in my clothes and I just wanted to feel normal again and feel good about buying and wearing clothes.

I had known for 27 years what I wanted. After a bad car accident and then having a child, I had very loose and ugly skin. Clothes didn't fit me right and no matter how much weight I lost, I never felt like I could tuck my shirt in or wear decent clothes. I wanted so badly just to look good in my clothes.

I did the research. And then I went to see Dr. S. The friendliness and warmth got me in for a consultation, but it was Dr. S's knowledge, confidence and frankness that made me sure I was doing the right thing for me. There were complications with my situation and he was upfront about them. He also told me what I DIDN'T need to have done - saving me money on a procedure I thought I needed but he proved I didn't.

The aftercare was amazing. I have a real problem with anesthesia usually and I let Dr. S know that. When I woke up from surgery, I had NO nausea. I was stunned by that. Dr. S and his nurse, Jim, were gentle and incredible. I knew I was in really good hands throughout.

I'm only 3 weeks beyond surgery right now but the healing has been exceptional, even with all of my personal complications. I so love the results.

Ladies, I am in the process of doing research for a "mommy make-over" possibly, among other things. Part of the research and then consultation process is trying to determine what procedures are best for the results that I am seeking, so at this point, I'm not entirely certain what I need to do, if that makes any sense. I had my first son, lost an enormous amount of weight and then got pregnant again, and now am expecting my 2nd son next month. I had planned to have some things done before pregnancy so this is why I am in the research and information process at the moment. I plan to lose weight slowly after pregnancy, and try to get as close to my goal weight as possible, and then perhaps have the work done early next Spring. (I don't know how long one has to wait after giving birth to have cosmetic surgery, but I would assume at least 6 months or more is the norm). Anyway, I'm not in a rush or anything but I did want to ask some questions of you both. gnight_rain - you mentioned that you had a "mommy make-over".....and you list the cost as $12,000. May I ask what all you had done, how you are feeling about it now, and if you had any further work done? And, Cher in Seattle, did you go back and have the thigh lift, and if so, how did that go and what was the cost? I will check out your profile and see if you give any more info. I am asking because my lower body is my real problem area and I think that I would be a good candidate for lipo on my outer thighs, but I'm not sure about the inner. I have a lot of saggy skin and therefore I'm wondering if an inner thigh lift would be needed, in addition to the lipo on the outer thigh/hip area. Eventually, I will probably get a tummy tuck and possibly a breast lift, but my lower body is the area that I am most unhappy with. I am even wondering if I need to do a butt lift, not the brazillian kind, just a regular, lift it up procedure. Before this last pregnancy I had lost a lot of fat, and put on muscle, but the saggy skin just breaks my heart because it hides the good results. I am also 47 and I think age is contributing to the sagging too. It is very helpful to know how much to budget for these kinds of procedures, so that helps me in my planning. For instance, I'm trying to determine how much (on average) just outer thigh lipo is or combined with hip is. Any information that you ladies can give me would be helpful! Thank you so much!
Hello, we share the same PS. I was looking thru his reviews and came upon your post. I wondered if at consult PS would look at my body and go 'ew ick' and 'how gross', so relate with your story. Nurse Jim, I liked also. He wheelchaired me to hotel & got me all tucked into bed with lots of pillows. I don't know if we had the same anethesiologist, but I have never had an IV go in so fast, nor been put under within seconds of IV in place - wonderful. I'm glad to hear you are healing so well.
Hi Cheryl! I'm glad you had a a great experience, too. I'm healing up really well and I'm so happy with the results. I'm still a week away from getting the pressure garment off but I've already bought so many new clothes.

My big question now is...

Since I had such an amazing experience and am so blown away by the results, I find myself thinking of the next thing I want to have done. Is that pretty normal?
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

When I walked into Dr. Salemy's office, I felt like Rosie O'Donnell's character on Nip/Tuck. Here were all of these beautiful girls in the office and I was dumpy and had a bunch of sloppy skin I wanted removed. Something I'd dreamed about for 27 years. I told myself, if they make me feel bad in the least, I am leaving and I'm never coming back. But it wasn't like that at all. I could not BELIEVE how wonderful everyone was to me. Not once did any of them make me feel "less than" for the way I'd let my body get. Dr. Salemy and his staff were positive, warm, kind, truly caring and supportive. And believe me, making that consultation appointment was the hardest part for me.I had known for 27 years what I wanted. After a bad car accident and then having a child, I had very loose and ugly skin. Clothes didn't fit me right and no matter how much weight I lost, I never felt like I could tuck my shirt in or look good in my clothes. So, I did the research to find a Board Certified physician from an excellent medical school who had great references. And then I went to see Dr. Salemy. The friendliness and warmth got me in for a consultation, but it was Dr. Salemy's knowledge, confidence and frankness that made me sure I was doing the right thing for me. He answered my questions thoroughly and in detail so that I was comfortable and I knew what to expect. He answered questions I didn't even know to have yet. When I wanted more done than I needed, he also told me what I DIDN'T need to have done - and explained why I didn't need it - saving me money on a procedure that wasn't necessary to get the results I wanted. The aftercare has been amazing. I have a real problem with anesthesia usually and I let Dr. Salemy know that. When I woke up from surgery, I had NO nausea. I was stunned by that. Every step of the way through recovery, I have felt supported and confident. I have felt in really good hands throughout. I'm only 3 weeks beyond surgery right now but the healing has been exceptional. I so love the results. I've been shopping for new clothes and wearing things I wouldn't have worn in the last 27 years and it feels so liberating. So good. And every time I go see Dr. Salemy, it feels like he's celebrating with me. I really, really like him and appreciate him and if you were my daughter or my best friend, I'd tell you - go to him. You will be so glad you did.