Feeling Beautiful, Healthy and Rejuvenated! - Seattle, WA

My story is like many others on this forum. I...

My story is like many others on this forum.

I am 27 years old and have had two beautiful children, ages 6 and 3. I was about 115- 120 before my pregnancies. I gained a whopping 75 big ones with my first and about 40 with my second. In between and after my pregnancies my weight fluctuated between 140 and 150. I never had been on a regular healthy exercise regimen before I had children and really just didn't know how to do it. It seemed so easy for others to lose weight and just thought thats how it would be fore me. I seemed "stuck" at the weight. I was finally sick of it after 6 years ...sick of feeling and looking horrible; I just wasn't comfortable. No matter what anyone told me..my husband friends and family thought I looked "fine". It didn't matter what they thought and it still doesn't. It was my body and I was pretty insecure about it. My body and mind took a toll...and I decided to do something about it.

In June of 2011 I was a solid 145. I started being very conscious about not only the calories but the kinds of foods I was eating. I started working out religiously 4 to 6 days a week for at "least" a half and hour to 2 hours a day. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months. I made my goal weight of 130. I felt great inside...I had more energy, my back didn't hurt as much and my skin was clearer. My outside didn't match how I felt on the inside. Although I was at my ideal weight I had saggy, loose skin on my belly that wasn't going anywhere. And my breasts were also very "deflated".

I knew before I lost the weight that I was going to get surgery. I had a consultation with the first one in Oct. 2010, and the second in Apr 2011. I was pretty much going to go with the second one until I was on this website and another and read the great reviews of my chosen doctor. I had scheduled my 3rd and final consultation in July and I knew Dr. S was the one for me. If I was going to pay the money I wanted to be sure I picked the very best. I believe I did.

On October 10, 2011, I had a breast lift with 300 cc cohesive gel silicone implants (34C maybe small D in some bras) , a tummy tuck and labiaplasty. The money spent does not compare to how great I feel about myself now. I just wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin and have succeeded.

Feeling beautiful, healthy and rejuvenated inside and out is absolutely priceless.

Thank you so much! This is so helpful. I'm getting implants and lipo (outer thighs/flanks). I'm nervous and excited. I have my pre-op with Dr. S on Friday.
I had a compression garment for my breast with the strap at the top and I also had a full torso garment that hooked up the sides up from my hips up to the bottom of my breasts, they were like long shorts. It was very supportive. I wore both of them until my two week check up. Thats when he told me that my breast garment probably wasn't tight enough and could have caused some of the bruising. He told me I could wear a tighter fitting sports bra that zipped up the front and also gave me a strap to wear for another week to help the implants not ride as high. Which worked great. I wore that for the next week. I found these sports bras at target..they are called cami sports bras. I loved them because they have very thin straps so they work better when wearing cami's and shirts with a wider neck line. You do have to pull them over your head but they have great support and are not as restricting. Just be slow and careful. Because I have such a tiny waist now I actually pulled them from the bottom up.

He also told me I could wear spanx instead of my full garment. I was pretty excited about that. I did end up switching to spanx but I ended up putting my garment back on for a couple of daysand some nights for a transition just because my muscles were sooo tight. I just felt that I needed the extra support. I was pretty good about wearing my spanx for the next week or so but then I was getting sick of that too. I went to Target and got a supportive tank top that worked pretty well...I wore it tucked into my jeans to make sure that it fell over my hips for the support. They also have a cheaper spanx version there that I would have definitely tried...because spanx are not cheap! I pretty much stopped wearing my spanx by the 4th week. I listened to my body. If I knew I was going out during the day I would wear something more supportive. At my 6th week check up Dr. S said I wouldn't need any kind of supportive garment and I haven't been wearing anything since! I haven't felt the need to. I also bought a very nice wire free bra at Victoria Secret. It looks and feels really good.

It does seem like the recovery takes forever and can be very depressing at times. But it was ALL worth it. I look and feel great. I am very excited for you!!! I am here if you need to ask more questions.
Thanks! How long did you have to wear the compression garment?

To actually fell comfortable in my new bathing...

To actually fell comfortable in my new bathing suit I just bought=Priceless!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salemy has a great balance of professionalism and bedside manner. My body is very proportioned and my tummy is VERY flat. He didn't try to sell me any procedures that he felt I didn't need. I was actually advised by another doctor to have lipo with my tummy tuck and he said I didn't need it. I felt that he had great recommendations and he definitely proved himself with the results. He is a true artist.