I'd Do It Again in a Heartbeat - Seattle, WA

My breasts were far too large for my frame - so...

My breasts were far too large for my frame - so large that they measured larger than my hips. I had upper back pain, tense shoulders, pain in my neck, tension headaches, strap indents, not to mention extreme difficulty finding clothes that fit! I'd been seeing specialists (chiropractor, massage therapy, etc) for months prior to surgery to no avail. I was ready for the ladies to go away!

Since my surgery, my back pain has disappeared and I haven't had a single tension headache. Life is good!

It's been 5 weeks since my surgery and already my scars look incredible. I'm amazed by how smoothly they've healed. The size is perfect (I'm about half the size I was before) and completely proportionate to the rest of my body. I am so incredibly happy with the results, and all of my family and friends think they look great.

P.S. The cost I've noted is my out-of-pocket expense. My insurance covered a lot because my procedure was deemed medically necessary.

Congrats on your surgery and welcome to Realself. We are all very supportive here and love meeting new people and hearing their stories. I am so glad you had a wonderful PS and your results came out as you expected! Consider postimg pics if you feel comfortable doing so!

Welcome to RealSelf.

How wonderful that you have such amazing results.   Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  This will be very helpful and encouraging to other women planning their procedure.

Please do keep us up to date on your healing process.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I had been researching breast reduction for 6 years when I finally decided it was time to go through with the surgery. My RN recommended Dr. Peters and I am so glad she did. Dr. Peters and her staff were wonderful to work with. They got me a consultation quickly, kept me very informed and answered any and all questions I had, promptly returned my phone calls, and they even took care of my insurance for me. My only complaint is a small one, but the day of surgery there was some confusion as to the time of the procedure, because the time had been moved around the week prior. My self, the nurses, and Dr. Peters all had different times written down. This was handled very smoothly, though, and I doubt it happens often, if at all. I highly recommend Dr Peters and her team to any and all in the Seattle area looking for a breast reduction. I really would have the procedure done again if I needed it.