Caroline Glicksman for Breast Augmentation Using the 410 Allergen Cohesive Gel Implant - Sea Girt, NJ

Dr Glicksman performed my breast augmentation...

Dr Glicksman performed my breast augmentation about 4 months ago. I like the way they look and respect her decision making process for what size implant to use. She spent time explaining the implants and the procedure. I do not feel she gave objective information regarding all types of implants. I don't think she listened to all of my outcome criteria and wishes for surgery. She does research for Allergan and I don't feel she was objective. She really steered me to the 410's or gummy bear implant. I am not happy with the way they feel. They are too firm and feel very strange in my body. Her follow up care was all done through her staff. I could never speak with her directly. The woman who schedules her surgeries is rude and very difficult to deal with. This made the entire experience more stressful than it had to be. I also have numbness of about 25% of my breast which extends into the nipples.
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

I have now had my "gummy bear" implants for almost 7 months. Im wondering if there is a different Dr.Glicksman that junebug2 went to?? I researched and had consultations with several surgeons in new jersey and new york before meeting with Dr. Glicksman. She was BY FAR the most knowledgable, thorough, personable AND experienced of all the surgeons. My implants look and feel so real and soft that most people have no clue that i have had them done. I was in no way pushed toward one kind of implant versus another. I was given a FULL education on all of my options with NO pressure to chose one particular kind over another. I have only ever seen Dr. Glicksman in her office and was never rushed out or rushed. I really respected this about her practice. As for her staff, they are all so lovely, professional and helpful. Following my procedure in April, I called twice with a few questions/concerns and they were happy to schedule a time for me to come in and see Dr. Glicksman vs. speaking with her on the phone. In addition, I was given all of her contact info and was checked on by her serval times following my surgery. I made an educated decision, given all the information and expert knowledge when chosing the size and type of implant that was right for me. I think it is really unfortunate to over look the fact that you are placing blame for a decision you made of free will, onto another person. I have sent several friends to Dr. Glicksman since my surgery and they all share the same sentiment I do.
Just curious - did they ever soften up? I've read other posts that it can take 9 months to a year.
still just as hard.... I really don't see it changing now. DON'T get them.
As for my doctor's comment: she does to her follow up visits. My statement about her follow up care was regarding any questions I had between the 3 day post op visit and the 6 week post op visit. I was given detailed instructions for the time between surgery and the 3 day visit but there after nothing was written down after that time. I had questions and they were always filtered through her patient coordinator or other office staff. One of these questions literally took 3 rounds of phone calls in order to get proper clarification. I don't think that is acceptable. I have read of many surgeons who give you their cell phone number and are very accessible.
you can't tell from looking at my breasts that I have the 410's. They look really nice. The size is good and I truly love the way they look. They just feel awful. They are definitely firm and when you put your hands under them (like cupping them) and lift upward towards your clavicle or collar bone you can feel the top of the implant. It is uncomfortable to wear an underwire bra. It is uncomfortable to hug anyone because you feel this firm implant in your chest. It is also uncomfortable to go without a bra at night which I hate.
It s always unfortunate when a patient is unhappy with her results, however comments posted by patients may be inaccurate or one sided. Patient education and preoperative planning are the cornerstone of a good doctor patient relationship. I spend almost two hours with every patient preoperatively, demonstrate all FDA and clinical trial breast implants available, let patients feel and see each of the device choices, and use the Vectra 3D simulator to let patients see what the implants could look like in their own breasts. There will always be patients who are not completely satisfied, or failed to understand the benefits and trade offs with each implant. The highly cohesive breast implants are firmer than round gels, but the long term benefits are less visibility, rippling, and wrinkling. They also have the lowest capsular contracture rates and rupture rates. That being said, they are definitely not for everyone. Finally with regards to comments about follow-ups with me. I do not have a physicians assistant or nurse educator. Every patient is seen by me, and me alone for over 20 years, and every patient is followed annually for the life of their implant. That's my policy and has been since 1991. Dr. Caroline Glicksman

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your results. What has your PS's staff said in regards to the firm (not soft,) implants? I agree with the community...I would demand to meet with your PS to discuss the firmness issue and some of your dissatisfaction. I would just want to make certain nothing is wrong with your breasts. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

they said they might get softer up to the year mark. Everything looks great as far as they are concerned. Nothing is wrong with them. When I went to 2 other consultations with different plastic surgeons they said they will never use them because they don't feel natural. I agree. I feel that Dr Glicksman didn't listen to my concerns about how they would feel. This was a great concern of mine along with the size and the safety. I just wish she would have listened to me because I think if she had, she would have steered me to softer implants.

Sorry to hear they have not softened up to your liking, but I'm happy to hear nothing is medically wrong with your breasts. It's nice of you to share the information about the implant differences. I don't think many women are aware of this. Will you be getting a revision? Take care!

I have 500 Mentor Siltex gels.....and the implants don't feel strange at all...even with all my post op complications of leakage and scars not healing. I am 13 days PO. My doc and supporting staff were amazing and before and after they helped me accept the implants mentally. I hope you can picture yourself accepting and feeling one with the implants. Good Luck!
I have the mentor 475 cohesive gummy bear soft round hp . It's been two months now mine are soft and can't feel the implants anymore but of course the nipple numbness is still there. It feels like the left nipple sensation is coming back though. I'm sorry you are having a bad experience. Talk to her though demand. You paid for them should demand
             can you post pics i would like to see how different the gummy bear implants look from the cohesive gels? you say they feel firm? im surprised after 4 months you can still feel the implant feeling strange! can you explain more? im very interesting in knowing more about the gummybear implants? i dont know anybody personally who has them! ive only read stories and articles about them!
Violet1234 I have the 410 highly cohesive implants. They are firmer they are a more solid silicone. I feel like I had enough breast tissue to wear mine feel normal (so far). The only way I know how to describe them is if you have ever breast feed and you get engorged with milk just a little less firm. Like I don't feel like I am going to pop. If you go to my profile you can see my pics. I will try & post more later today :)
            thanks for the info.! i wasnt able to see your pics!
they really look natural. I went from an A (B before i had and nursed 4 kids) to a C. They feel awful. They are definitely separate from my body. I feel them sliding around inside on my ribcage. This is because it is a solid piece of silicone. the mentor cohesive gel implants have more give to them. If you poke those with your finger the gel gives way to your finger. If you do that with these implants.... the entire implant moves. I really hate them and will have them removed when I can.
             i had no idea the trye gummybear implants were thst firm! i knew they were firmer than the cohesive gels! but i thought just a tiny bit! are u switching over to the cohesive gels are you planning to have your implants removed all together?