Shopping Around for the Best Deal - Scottsdale

I had my first photofacial last week and at first...

I had my first photofacial last week and at first was a little scared by the results. My skin looked worse for the first few days, but since has become beautiful and smooth. I have a lot of sun damage such as redness on my cheeks, chin and in random spots on my face. I also have dark spots that had become increasingly difficult to cover with makeup. My chest and lower neck have the redness that looks like I have a bad sunburn. The treatment was very uncomfortable.

It is now 6 days since the treatment and the redness has faded dramatically on my face, neck and chest area. The brown spots that had come to the surface have flaked off and my skin is soft and smooth.

I had considered having this treatment done at my dermatologists office and the fee for the face, chest and neck was $550 and they said that I needed 6 treatments. There was no way that I could afford that. I subscribe to Groupon in the Phoenix area and an offer came into my inbox for $99 Photofacials, so I purchased 4. I did not realize that each area was considered seperately, so I had to use 3 of my "groupons" for all areas on the first visit. I purchased an additional 2 to cover another visit. This treatment was from a salon in Scottsdale and when I checked out their website prior to purchasing I saw that one of my former co-workers was their "makeover" a few months prior. I called her and asked her about her experience prior to buying. I have since purchased other Groupons from dermatologists and salons for this type of treatment to cover the number of treatments that I will need to get the results that I want to achieve. The best deal that I have gotten so far is $75 for a microderm, photofacial, skin tightening and ultrasound vitamin c treatment....from a local dermatologist. I can't wait for that treatment which I have scheduled for October!

I have also had Laser Genesis from another salon in Scottsdale and it was wonderful. That is a completely pain free procedure and my skin looked amazing afterwards. It does not treat brown spots, but treats redness and reduces pores and fine lines. That was another $99 groupon deal. My advice when shopping around is to call and ask about the experience of the technician and how long they have been using the machine. I definately don't want to be a guinea pig for a new machine or a new technician.

Leigha at LeBella Salon

She has many years of experience and did not burn or overtreat my skin.

I used the Aura and didn't get anywhere near the results of Limelight. Can you email me when you see great deals on photofacials and/or Laser Genesis? You seem to be great at finding deals! I love the Cutera lasers best - I tried the Trinity and Aura and found no results. I sent you a private message!
Lori, I usually find the great deals on Groupon or LivingSocial and typically only purchase the ones that are through a medical doctor instead of a spa.
Had another treatment today performed by a different provider. It was a laser skin center. I thought the package was for a microderm, photofacial, skin tightening and vit c ultrasound treatment. The technician explained that she could do a photofacial in the package, but she had another laser that she wanted to use...it is called an Aura and it produces the same results. So, I went with it. It was soooo much less painful than the photofacial. I barely felt anything. I will post again with the results as they become visible. This will be my last treatment for awhile. So far, I love the results that I have acheived.
It has now been 8 days since my 2nd Photofacial and my skin looks amazing. The redness in my chest and neck area is lightening. That area was pretty badly sun damaged, so it will take a few more treatments. My face is so smooth and clear. I only wear mascara and lipstick to work now. (and of course SUNBLOCK!) I love the results. I think that once the brown spots and freckling have been eliminated I will probably go back to an occasional Laser Genesis treatment. Photofacial is extremely uncomfortable and Laser Genesis is pain free....it just doesn't get rid of the brown pigmentation.

Sounds like a great deal. Glad to hear the treatment worked so well for you. When do you go back for the next Photofacial session?

I go back on September 30th. I realized after my post that I didn't post my age. I'm 46 and the treatment has refreshed my look. In my profile pic you can see the redness in my chest - that pic was after 1 Laser Genesis treatment to my face only. I'll post more pics once my chest is done being treated with Photofacial.
Had my 2nd photofacial 3 days ago and just like the first one...skin looks horrible right after. All of the pigmentation comes to the surface. The "coffee grounds" haven't surfaced yet. My next treatment is Oct 20th and I think that will be my last for awhile. I used numbing cream this time and it was still painful.