Love It - Never had a tattoo before - Scottsdale, AZ

Never had a tattoo before but since I've had...

Never had a tattoo before but since I've had injections in my face and breast augmentations I figured I could handle the pain. It wasn't bad, just the first pass feels like a ragged razor blade and it is more painful on the outer areas where your skin is thinner.

Dave the tattoo tech was great at just doing a tiny bit at a time and letting me look at it after every pass and point out where I wanted more color. I went super thin at first bc I wanted to be careful not to overdue it since it is permanant. Have had a few touch ups and couldn't be happier. They don't sweat off at the gym or smear lol. It saves time and is one less thing to worry about daiy.

It looks great! I was the same way, no tattoo's, but i've had filler injections and a nose job! I love no one can tell I have my brows done. I paid 500.00 and get two touch up's within a year.
You may want to ask your PMU Tech if the pigment could be adjusted for a more saturated and darker tone once healed. Not black tho! You shouldn't have to have them touched up more than every 18 months or so. Of course each person is different, but I've had brows come back after 3 years, and they still look awesome, just a slight touchup, and client is good to go. If you are finding the need to have more frequent touchups you run the risk of scar tissue, and scar tissue can produce poor color retention in the long term. Hope your tech is using high quality pigments made for permanent makeup and not body ink, that's not desirable at all, as it does not age the same as pigments made for the face.

Yes, even after multiple touch ups, I noticed besides the fading, it has a subtle orange hue in a few spots that you can see if you are examining my face very close up (yes, I know it is kinda obsessive, but I can't help my OCD with my face!!).  I am indeed worried about the scarring issue you brought up which is a good one so am not wanting to tattoo it anymore.

Still worth it, just retouch with caution

I was getting touch ups periodically but was worried about doing it so often because of scar tissue concerns. They have been kind of consistently flaking/scaly for a while as well. Not sure if this is my body trying to rid itself of the ink but thinking it may be a possibility. They still are there but just not as dark as I would like. For now I am happy just touching them up with a little brow powder and no plans anytime soon to get retouched.
Lady Guinevere's (tattoo by Dave)

Dave was patient and took his time and let me go at a pace that was comfortable for me. Gwen drew on some brows beforehand that she thought would look good but they were much thicker and bushier looking than I usually go for so I wiped most of it off and just showed Dave some pics of how I drew them daily.