No! You Can't Take Your Tummy Away from Me! I Will Guard Your Fluff! - Scottsdale, AZ

That is what my 6-year-old son, the youngest of my...

That is what my 6-year-old son, the youngest of my four "suns," said before throwing himself over my "fluffy tummy" after overhearing a conversation about my decision to finally get a tuck. I chuckled and assured him that my fluff would be around for awhile longer. I made the decision after considering have the procedure for years, but I had to reach a breaking point before I decided to go ahead.

Like many women, growing up I thought I was morbidly obese as a 5' 8" curvaceous female with hips, booty, and ample breasts. So ample, I was a 38 H, which I jokingly said meant "humongous," when I received my breast reduction in 1999. I was a size 10/12. Boo hoo. Fast forward to my first year of marriage, in which I gained over 100 pounds and was a size 24/26!

I consider gaining that weight to be one of the best things that had ever happened to me. If I had not had the experience of truly being obese, 268 lbs to be exact, I would not have the positive body image I have now after four pregnancies, 90+ lbs of weight loss, several group fitness licenses, and over a decade of falling in love with me, and all of my fabulous-ness! *side note, I think everyone needs to be there own favorite person :)

For a few years, the fact that I was a Group Fitness, Water Aerobics, Group Cycling, and Zumba instructor was enough. Me! The one alway picked last for kickball was teaching at least three fitness classes a week for the last two years. Yet, my stomach was still trying to win some future Halloween contest as "Best Jabba the Hutt." I kept tell myself that it did not matter. Look how far I had come! The flatsie 20 year olds in my Zumba classes can't keep up with me, and I am almost 40! I am fit and healthy! That is what matters.

But every time I looked in the mirror, I look down at my belly, sigh, stick out my bottom lip, and wish the skin was gone. In those moments, as much as I would try to blast my consciousness with positivity and gratitude for my health, sound mind, and able body, my spirit would sink. Just a little. Each and every time.

Reading the stories of you ladies over the past few months gave me the resolve and fortitude to say, "Enough." I had my consult with my highly recommended and researched plastic surgeon and put down a deposit on a date at the end of the appointment. :)

So, as I read through the stories amassing my lists of tips and tricks, oooooo-ing and aaaaaahhhhhh-ing at your transformations, refining my plans for how the five "boys" in my house will care for me, with a misty eye, a wide grin, a fluttering heart, and a lightened spirit, I say truly, madly, and deeply, "Thank you. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your journey with me. Your ups. Your downs. Your struggles. Each of these aspects have been truly inspirational and have made a direct impact on me and my life. Your photos have given me courage, and moreover, a sense of belonging. Blessings of love and light to you."

That is hilarious!! Your son's a mess!

Let the journey begin:)   I am happy you joined us.

Okay, so thanks to all of the inspiration found on...

Okay, so thanks to all of the inspiration found on this site, I met with my PS, and added breast augmentation. I actually had a breast reduction in 1999, and apparently, it is quite common with the the old procedure to have the breasts "bottom out" leaving flat, long breasts behind. Mommy makeover here I come! As my husband put it, he remembers saying "goodbye" to the girls, and looks forward to saying "hello" once again! Me too.

Okay, I decided to just get the tummy tuck and...

Okay, I decided to just get the tummy tuck and wait to get my breasts done later in the year. While this decision definitely lightens the stress load, I am a little disappointed that I cannot breasts done now. I am trying to focus on the tummy, since that was my original plan from the start.
I had been considering the same and going back and forth and back and forth. Boobs? No boobs. Boobs? No boobs. It's weird. I can't decide on a lift or lift with augment. My TT is massively more important but the thought of no boob work makes me pout. Ugh, I still don't know! I'm similar in story to you. I wasn't a 10/12 but I was a 16. First year of marriage I was up 60 lbs. then two kids later, up wayyy more. Then dropped 90. Then got pregnant with my son, up again. Now working on getting back down again. I think our bellies are similar. And although I wish I didn't damage my body, I am in love more than ever, and adore and have love for all body types. Ain't nobody got time for self hatred!! Feel the love! But I am curious and looking forward to what it will be like to look tighter. I work out a lot, too! I think it's awesome that you're now an instructor! I want to not have my belly try to drop my pants during my classes lol. I want my body to match the effort and healthy habits I feed it!
Love to you, Soulnik! For me, the breast aug. came down to finances :( With four growing boys in Tae Kwon Do, van needing brakes, 45 minute work commute with crazy gas prices, I found it too stressful to try to pay for boobs as well. Since I already think I am crazy for getting implants after a reduction, I just decided to wait until later in the year. But yes, I will be pouting, and I just hope not for too long!
Financially we shouldn't either. But it was more cost effective for us to do it now than pay for a whole new appointment next year. Blah! Don't know why it's such a tough decision. Well, duh, because we pay so much and we aren't sure what we are getting! Implants after reduction does sound funny, but I know it's very different!

Today, I made my final payment for my procedure!...

Today, I made my final payment for my procedure! yikes! I still need to pay the anesthesiologist and the care facility, but those expenses are minor in comparison. I also had my first, "Oh, shit! What the hell am I doing??!!" moment as well! I am officially an amalgamation of nervousness and excitement :)(. I expect this to change about 100 times between now and the surgery.Lol.

PRE-OPERATIVE APPOINTMENT! DONE.

Wow. Thank you so very much my RealSelf TT sisters! I was so well prepared for my pre-op appointment, the informed consent was a breeze because I was familiar with all of the information contained therein. The few questions we had my doctor found remarkable, and even said,"Great questions! You guys are really on top of it."

I was certain I was going to leave the office nervous, but rather, I was excited! When my PS said, "See you in 3 weeks!" I wish I could have done a backflip! She is excited because she thinks I will have great results, and I am excited to be rid of my baby belly once and for all :) Huzzah!
Look forward to your story as we are simular in body type, and health habits. Thanks for sharing. My TT is may 23rd planning on a breast reduction in 6 months
Good luck! I wish you all the best :)

Wow! This is becoming more and more real...

So, I paid the anesthesiologist! The only fee left is my stay in the care facility. My PS requires an overnight stay for her tummy tuck patients. I remember in January setting the date, unsure how we were going to pay over $10,000 out of pocket, and now, we are almost there. Where there is a will, there most certainly is a way! I look at this surgery as my reward for all of my hardwork losing weight, regardless of how much I may have gained back, and as a present to abdomen after bearing four large boys. I can't even fathom the changes that my personality is about to undergo.

I am still cracking up at your 6 year old's comment about your tummy:)

A Sick Son = A Sick Mama

Sad face! So, my son is finally on the mend, and I woke up with a slight cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, the works! Upping the Vitamin C, and I am going to rest. I keep telling myself that two weeks is more than enough time to beat this. I sure hope so!
You're going to look amazing! I'm going in Friday and you're right about your feelings changing about a 100x...LOL! You'll be feeling better by your surgery date. Getting ready can be stressful sometimes. Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for the encouragement, Marcie! I look forward to seeing your results. Good luck! I hope you wake up peaceful and comfortable :)
Thanks Jenn! :-D

Ohmygod, P! I'm scared...y

Yep! I had my first moment of fear and the beginnings of panic yesterday. I suddenly thought, "What the hell am I doing?" and felt the general feeling of anxiety start to creep from my stomach into my chest. Glad to know I am human :) Love to all of you in recovery...I will be joining you shortly.
Good luck to you! Don't worry the fear is normal! Everything will be fine and in bo time you will have a nice flat tummy! !!! Good Luck
Thanks, Balder! Have a beautiful day!
I just paid mine off this morning. I'm having my surgery with dr. Daiza the 21st of June. I can't wait to hear about your surgery. Im sure you will look awesome! Good luck!

Tick...tick...tick...tock......

Time is almost up! Yikes! I don't know what it is about making your last payment that suddenly makes everything so real! I paid the care facility for the overnight stay, and BoOM! Pre-surgery jitters came on full force. Followed by my monthly. Followed by a final job interview with the President of my college for a full-time position. I am focusing on being grateful that they are happening before my sx :) eventhough they are adding to that battalion of butterflies in my stomach! Love and light to all of you recovering this week!
You'll do amazing. It's so worth it and you'll be so pleased! :)
Thanks Soul! I hope you are well :)
Well, I just put my down payment for mine. I am scheduled for Sept. in Tijuana Mexico at LIMARP! I had gastric surgery there 2 years ago and am down 150lbs, hence my need for some body revisions to get rid of this excess skin! I knew it was going to be a journey. I am having an arm lift and extended tummy tuck September 2nd. I am also grateful for the Mexico option, as I can actually afford to have this surgeries done, otherwise, I would not.

The Day after Tomorrow!

Seriously, it does not seem as if four months have passed since I first began this tummy tuck journey. I researched and researched, but this website is what made me determined to make my flatsie dreams a reality. Thank you to all of the TTs of the past, for without you, I would not be embarking on my own journey. I know that there is a long road of recovery ahead of me, but I am almost to the top of the mountain :)
I am so excited for you! It will be over before you know it! Good luck and happy healing!
Thanks, Bess!
You will be great and will live your results. Im 5 days po today an discomfort is the word. No terribly painful. Get your pain meds like clockwork at least first 3 days. Walk, rest and breath.

T Minus 24 hours and counting....

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygoddess! Deeeeep Breath! Okay, I purposely left setting up my room, packing, arranging supplies, etc. for today because I knew my mind would be consumed with this surgery today. Oh, I was so right! So, packed bags are placed on random counters, my husband is making a list, and checking it twice, and the homemade, low sodium soup I plan on consuming the majority of the week is simmering away on the stove. The last day with my belly. Sigh. It has been a long road, but it is time to say goodbye.
Good luck to you and good riddance to the Hut. You can be I dream of Jeanie for Halloween this year.
Thanks, Joc! I would love to!
Good luck tomorrow. Goodbye Fluff!

Go time!

Enjoying the last few hours being comfortable and mobile. Wow. I still can't believe the day has arrived :)
Hey sweetie!!!! Loved your review! So glad your hubby posted but looking forward to hearing from you. The worst is over!!! You will be thrilled I'm sure. Take a nice break from all your men/boys. I am another mom of 4 sons and they have all been so sweet post op :)
Three cheers for the four sons posse! They are all so sweet.
Hope you are having a peaceful, narcotic induced sleep!

Post op day something!

Yay! So, I am not sure if I am on day two or three, but the pain gets better each and everyday. The pain is more uncomfortable, in may case, and I am able to rest comfortably most of the day. Oh, how I itch under this CG though! My Dr. removed 7lbs of abdominal fat and lipo'ed 5 lbs do fat from my flanks. "You should be nice and flat, my dear!" were her last words before checking me out of the hospital :D
Congrats!
Thanks, NYC!
So glad to hear it went well and you're flat. Congrats!

Swollen and itchy itchy

But I'll take it! Pain is minimal when I get up to walk around. Other than that I'm quite comfortable.
Your Tummy looks great! So glad to hear you are doing so well in only two days!!
Thanks! I can't wait to see it I another month!
Looks great.

PO Day 3

Jenn, you look wonderful. thank you so much for sharing...less than 90 days to wait for me. so concerned about discomfort, so what you say here is encouraging.
Ronnie, that was my greatest concern. I was so worried. The first day, the pain was around a five to a six when I was still, 7 or 8 when I had to move. The second day, a three or a four when I was still, a five or six when I had to move. Day three, pain was a zero to a one, three or four when I had to move. When I was still, the pain was never constant, always intermittent, so that helped me a lot mentally.
Jenn, I hope for your pain scale :). I am going to personalize my profile some with some pics.. before and after 150 lb weight loss, and then I will share my ugly belly and the after. I want to help folks, just like you! looking forward to more updates from you!

Milk of Magnesia is my friend :)

What a beautiful morning! Everything was very easy and effortless with no pain or discomfort whatsoever. Thank goodness! I have been able to keep any coughs at bay with my constant supply of Hall's cough drops, and I have not needed to sneeze. My PS cut me all the way around to the back, and I wasn't expecting that, but no worries. I don't have very much swelling or bruising, thankfully. My husband is already oooooohhhhing and awwwwwwiiiing, but all I see is gauze and bandages. Lol!
Congratulations! I'm one week away in joining you on the flat side. Glad to hear is bearable.
Yay, Joc! See you soon on the flatside :) Focus on getting through the first three days and you will be fine. Smooth sailing....
Awesome work!!!! I am 9 days post op so just a bit a head of you. Each day gets better I promise!!! One day you'll be able to get up easier and be amazed :-) Happy healing :-). Isn't it nice to have that belly gone? I'm loving mine!!!

I feel like my old self..

except for when I get up, then my back wants to remind me how sore it is! Like many of you, I started to stretch the hydrocodone yesterday and I doing the same with the Valium today. I don't have very much bruising, and I am still enjoying my time in the recliner...for now! I have a lot to keep me busy. My love to those who are not having as easy time as I am. I hope that each day gets better and better. I will post more pictures soon. :)

One week.....

Wow! That went fast! My recovery is thankfully uneventful and comfortable. Just taking a pain pill and muscle relaxer at night. I will have my first pre op, besides the morning after sx, either tomorrow or Wednesday, and should be getting my drains out then. I haven't showered and have pretty much just left everything alone up to this point. I had one laugh that I couldn't control today. It hurt a little, but it wasn't too bad, thankfully. I still feel great :)
Happy all is well and your recovery is going good. Cant wait to see more pics. Happy healing!
Yes! My recovery is going great! Thank you!

Like Ryan SeaCrest...

My drains are out! My PS says I still have a lot of swelling, nothing unusual, and that I will be nice and flat when all is said and done. Hard to imagine when looking at this lumpy, bumpy stomach! Lol. The hard part is over though, pain is minimal, I just have to wait out the swelling....
That is so awesome! I just can't wait for my big day. 2 more days. I report in to greenbaum center at 10:00 on friday. I'm really concerned about not being able to have any food or drink in the morning. I'm so addicted to coffee. I'll just have to stay in bed longer. Haha! I'm so glad I found your blog. It's been nice to read about your experience with the same surgeon. I can't wait to see more pictures of your new tummy. I'll probably post my before and after pics together after the surgery is over. I'll be proud of my new tummy then. Just know that I have been thinking about you and hope your healing continues to be successful.
Hourglass, I am hooked on coffee too, but surgery is so early I will have to wait. Don't worry about before pic's I was so ashamed of mine but we are all in the same boat and you have to remember it can help others. Because you realize we are not alone. Plus it is anonimous, which helps a lot. Unless you take pics with your face. lol Good luck to you, my tt is tomorrow super early. So excited to go over to the flat side....lol
Good luck tomorrow, sexy!

9 days Post Op

Swell hell? Oh, well :)
Thanks for the info Jen. I guess I'll have to get my supplies together for my overnight stay.
Omg! You look awesome. Now I'm even more excited! I hope I look just as good. I'll ask for the nurses that took care of you. I'll see if they are there. You mentioned you took your pain pills with you. Do they allow that? I was told to just bring my drivers license and that was it. Let me know if there is anything else I should bring. I remember when I had my breast reduction 20 years ago that I was awful dizzy getting up for the first time as well. I'll keep that in mind. I'm so glad I found you on here. It's nice to know someone from the valley with the same surgeon.
You need your insurance card too! If you are staying overnight, they let you bring a bag with clothes, toiletries, etc.

Week Two!

Not much has changed. I am just riding out the swelling wave :) Due to the apron, I immediately lost 7 inches from my hips, and due to swelling, I gained 6 in my waist. I can't wait for it to all balance out!
You're looking great lady! It's funny to get dressed now isn't it? No having to accommodate for skin folds when choosing, pants, shorts and capris? I hear you about the ups and downs you're experiencing in terms of inches here and there. I can't wait until my swelling evens out as well. How tight is your binder? I wear mine as tight as possible while still being comfortable. You look fantastic!
Thanks, Marci! I wear my binder pretty tight, but not too tight. My PS was adamant about this because she wants to promote circulation. I wear it a little tighter than she had it, but not much.

More Pics!

Hi Jenn, how are you doing? I looked at your pictures and you just look great. I've had to keep my drains in longer because of swelling. She said she would look at me on thurs and take them out then. You seem to have healed up really quickly. Lucky you! Keep up the great work!
Thanks, Hour! I am still waiting to see your pics! I have been thinking of you and hope you are doing okay. I suggested A Girls' Night for us Phoenix June TTs :)
You look awesome Jenn!!! Isn't it freakin great not having all that extra skin to carry around? Ive been telling everyone to get a tummy tuck! Lol! I think all women that need one should get it!! Lol! : )

3 weeks!

Everything is about the same, except I am more swollen. We were out and about in the 118 degree weather this weekend, taking our boys to movies, and I wonder how much the heat may have made an impact. Today, I started my monthly! Yikes! Some interesting aches and pains there, and my abdomen is more tender than it has been, but still, no big deal. I sure that influenced my swelling, as well :) In short, since I have blown up like Violet Beauregard from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, despite by avoidance of sodium and carbs, no pics this week, although I do still look absolutely fabulous :D
You look great...rest!
Thanks, Vee! Resting :)
Hi hOw are you feeling. Please post update pictures. You are looking great!

4 Weeks Post Op!

The light at the end of the Swell Hell tunnel....

I am beginning to see it. Although I am still very swollen, it is finally starting to subside. I have a little pocket of swell on my back at the end of the incision, but most of my back swelling has subsided. My PS said that swelling would start to subside around this time, but looking at my tummy last week, I wasn't sure this was going to be the case! I am a professor, so I am off for the summer, so I have been able to kick my heels up this entire recovery. I still find myself getting randomly nauseous and transient pain this week, so I take that as a sign everything is reconnecting :) I also booked our trip to Vegas, just the hubby and I, to celebrate my 40 th in October. I cannot wait to rock a bikini! Whoo hoo!
You look amazing! So glad the swelling is subsiding. You are giving me hope that it will end for me someday too! Enjoy Vegas!!
Thank you, Kim! I am noticing more and more that I have localized spots and the rest of my abdomen is softening up :)
Im so happy for you. You look great! Im still very swelled as well. I seem to have a lot more swelling on my left than right. Dr. Daiza says don't worry! Well, when im sitting here all day with my feet up that is what Im good at. HAHA! Im just over 2 weeks post op. Ill never have a bikini body but I do look forward to looking better with clothes on. Im glad to hear things do get better with every passing week. I get my tape off the incision this coming Sat. I have a sick feeling that im going to have to have some revision surgery. She has already made a statement like if this isn't right we will do a quick revision right here in the office. Scarey!!! OMG! Oh well I guess it is what it is. You look wonderful and have a great time in Vegas.

I woke up from a nap with blood on my shirt...

And I was like, "Oh shizz! What did I do?" I went to the bathroom, and saw that my incision had opened in three or four places along my incision! Everything looked good, as in no redness, fever, pus, etc., so I did not panic. I had an appointment scheduled in a few days, so I debated whether or not to call my PS, and finally did at my husband's insistence. The receptionist suggested we just move up the appointment to that day. The PS was not concerned as the openings are very superficial, and we're most likely the result of the scabs coming off too soon due to the tape. I have to rewind a little bit as a result, as in walk with a bend, etc., and try to stay in the beach chair position until it is closed. I have to wear my CG looser, so this morning, I was back to being a black Violet Beauregard. Swell hellllllllllllllll!

I learned two things from this that I want to pass on. Please, please, take care of your self. Don't overdue it. My husband does not let me do anything, I am off for the summer, I cannot work out until 8 weeks PO, so I literally spend 23.5 hours a day in my recliner or on my wedge system, and this still happened to me at 4 weeks PO. My recovery has been easy, and this is my only minor blip.

Second, please don't hesitate to call your PS even if everything indicates that you are fine. I even hate to ask where something is in a store, and will wander the aisles lost rather than finding an employee, so of course, I am not the first to call the doctor when something occurs. I would rather just handle it myself, and I am usually right. Usually. And that is what made me call. What if I wasn't and I woke up the next morning with a problem that could have been lessened or averted if I had gone in sooner. So please, do not hesitate to call.

It has only been a day, and the openings are entirely closed and my skin looks like a scab was removed rather than an open sore. Whew! My hubs has confined me to the recliner, and I am hopped up on episodes of "Parking Wars" and "Moonshiners." Lol.
Wow! What a fabulous writer you are! I am definitely going to be following you from here on out. You are a couple of weeks ahead of me surgery-wise. I will look to you to see what is around the corner. Plus...we looked very similar pre op. Where do you teach?
Well, thank you very much, Ray! I teach at a community college in Arizona, and I taught at a university in Washington state before that. Happy healing :)
Thanks for the reminder to take it easy! I am 4 days po and feel like I could go run a few miles! I feel great so I need people like you reminding me that I need to chill!

5 week PO is just like week 4

I even have on the same pajamas ;) Seriousneven my measurements of the same as last week! Where the tape is missing is where my incision opened up four spots in all, so I have to wait a little bit longer before I put tape that as well. I have had trouble sleeping due to my complete and utter lack of activity, but all in all, life is beautiful. PS: to all my June TTs already getting their freak on, my doc said not until 8 weeks PO. I am so jealous :)

6 weeks post op...

Only 2 weeks until I can exercise again! Both vertically and horizontally (wink, wink). Enough said! I feel normal again, and if this makes any sense whatsoever, I had no idea that I didn't, until I did! Lol! The incision started weeping in a few spots after a shower, but I have nice, thick scabs now. I am not taking any chances though, so sponge baths and I are about to become best friends. I don't resume teaching until August 17th, and I hope by then my swelling will have subsided. I have Kimmers echoing in my head...everything takes time...it will get better. So, whenever I get sad because I look so wide, I just turn sideways. :)

Six weeks photos...

Jenn, you look amazing! I am 38 days out to mine. You encourage me. Thank you so much for sharing all the pics
Thanks, Ronnie! I try :)
I am 3 days post extended TT. So far so good. Moving about slowly and pain under control with meds. Removed 10 lbs of skin! Had muscles tightened. Feel like i did 5 gazillion sit ups in 30 mins. :).

7 weeks post op pictures

You look great! Thanks for sharing your story
Thanks, June! Have a wonderful day :)

7 Weeks.....

One more week until I can exercise! Ugh, I feel sooooooo out of shape, but I am very excited to get back into the swing of things. I have the Zumba Instuctors Convention the following week, 9.5 weeks post op, and I am concerned about being able to complete even half of my workshops. I plan on taking it easy, but I still get nauseous and break into a cold sweat occasionally when I try to help my husband go grocery shopping. I have not had to return to work, and have basically been sitting on my ample a$$ the last two months, so I hope that this doesn't get worse with exercise.

I saw my PS on Saturday, and got the clearance to stop wearing my binder 24/7! WhooHooo! I know, as many ladies have already said, it is both a blessing and a curse. Not wearing it for even a few hours, I noticed I was more sore than I have been the last few weeks with many more zings and zaps of pain here or there. For me, I decided this was a good thing, as I hope increased circulation help increase the healing of my lymphatic system :) I am still swollen, and that is of course, to be expected. I measured myself 1 day post op, and I am currently 5 inches bigger in my waist and 7 in my hips. This is actually down a little bit, thankfully. I am hoping once I get moving, the swelling will continue to subside. My PS reminded me that I had a muscle repair, obliques included, tummy tuck, and lipo of the flanks. Ah yes, the perfect recipe for a swelling souffle :) Love and light until next week, my friends!
Looking good!
Thank you, Vee!

8 weeks PO pics

Still swollen...but I'll take it! :D

Sweet swell surrender ...

I am cleared to do EVERYTHING! I never thought that I would be excited to do housework, but alas, I am! I also was cleared to stop wearing my binder, except for during exercise, and I am ferociously swollen as a result. I know for many women, leaving it on as long as possible is best, but for me, having to remove my binder accelerated my healing when my incision opened and again when areas started weeping. I still have large pockets of swelling wear my scar ends and the areas of lipo, and I want to see if increased circulation helps :D I have finally surrendered that I am going to be swollen much longer than I expected, and I'll take it. I still remember what I looked like post-surgery, pre-swell hell, and I can relax knowing I will get there soon...and I look pretty fabulous in the meantime :) So will/do all of you! Happy Monday!
You look great, Jenn! Have a blast at your Convention :)
Thanks, obsessed! I did :-)

10 weeks post op pics

Sorry I missed week 9! I was out of town :)
I started back to work last week. I didn't wear my binder every day. Talk about swelling!! This week is the first week with kids. We'll see how that goes. Good luck to you with classes starting up again!
Thanks ray! So far so good :-)

11 Weeks....still in Swell Hell! Lol.

You are still looking good! Swell hell will go away, but takes a long time.
Thanks again, Vee :)

Sorry I have been away for so long, my lovelies.....

Wow! I think I am actually 13 weeks tomorrow! Where did the time go!? I am back to working out, and feeling normal when I teach my Zumba class, but the first week I did, I went to bed a 9 pm and 8 pm. Lol! I was worn out! I am having problems with swelling of my feet and ankles as well, which I learned is a common problem post-surgery, because of the damaged and still-healing lymphatic system. Everything went well at the Zumba Convention, but I definitely had/have some limitations. As far as aches and pains, I get some twinges here and there in the obliques, but not so much other than that. My husband did accidentally bent me back a little while giving me a hug a few weeks ago, which caused a small pull. So, I have a small spot that is tender and needs to heal, but again, it's minor. This is my fourth week back at work, teaching full time, and other than some swelling and a few aches here or there, everything is lovvvvvveeeeeeelllllllllllly :)

12 Weeks Pics

What you really want...the pictures!

Lucky 13

Granted, I started to swell about 5 minutes later!
Hi Jenn, you look great! I went in and saw Dr. Daiza the other day. She is very happy with my progress. Things are going great. I'm very happy with my results as well. I do have to have some revision done to my sides where my incision ends. She said we can do it right in the office. I go back right after the first of the year. I still have some swelling but nothing major. Great seeing you are doing well.
My ends are really swollen, but have been getting less so as time progresses. I am hoping that I don't need one, too! Did you post any photos yet? I see Dr. D at the end of October. :-)
Yes, I posted my before and after pictures. I'm shocked when I look at them side by side. It is definitely a reality check.

Ooopsss...Those are 15 weeks PO pics!

Where did the time go? I was really thinking that I was 13 weeks. Lol

One year later...

Where has the time gone? I love my tummy, wearing a bikini, and shaking it on the Zumba dance floor with reckless abandon. I still have some numbness, still swell a little, and occasionally will have a stomach cramp if I laugh too hard, but I am 1000% satisfied. Love to each and every one of you!
You look awesome. I also had Dr. Daiza do my TT in Nov and love her.
Girl, you look AMAZING! I love seeing 1 year pics...so much definition in those abs. You must be so happy! ;-)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

She is truly an artist. Her TTs are like no other :)