Dr. Shaw and His Staff Are Beyond AMAZING! - Scottsdale, AZ

My reservations on having the surgery were #1- I...

My reservations on having the surgery were #1- I like to limit my liabilities and dont like having to "go under" unless I have to and #2 - I was nervous about the scar I would have and was afraid that my husband would feel I looked a little "Frankensteinish". I eventually got over #1, and as for the scar, although it is a very long scar, it has faded very nicely and is VERY Flat, not raised or thick at all. My husband says he barely notices it at all and he LOVES the results! So nice to be able to wear a bikini again!! The recovery was no big deal; I was actually completely off the pain meds by day 2. Although you are uncomfortable sleeping and trying to stand up straight (which you cant for about 2 weeks). Recovery just requires some time off and some patience. by week 3 I was feeling good and by week 4 I was great. For me the most uncomfortable part was having the drain tubes taken out, but Dr. Shaws staff is amazing and will do everything possible to make you comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Shaw. He is the ONLY Doctor I will entrust with my plastic surgery needs.

Welcome to RealSelf.

You had an amazing experience and I thank you for sharing your story with us.  This will be very inspiring for other women to read.   Enjoy your new tummy!!

Arizona Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shaw and his team are absolutely amazing! Some may say that plastic surgery is only skin deep, but I completely disagree. After having my son later in life (I was 38) and he was just over 9 lbs (and I am just 5'1 1/2" and 105 lbs normally) - I was left with not so beautiful breasts and a sagging tummy - yuck! Dr. Shaw performed Breast Agumentation for me in 2005 - AMAZING... but no matter how much I worked out and lost all of my weight, I would still look in the mirror and feel like I was still too young to look as old as my tummy made me feel. I finally decided (after much deliberation) to have a tummy tuck in December 2011. OH MY GOSH! I wish I would have had this done 7 years ago!! It is so wonderful to be able to go to my closet and find clothes that show off my curves and flat tummy instead of trying to find clothes to hide behind. My husband absolutely LOVES the results too. He loves the curves, the flat tummy, and the restored confidence I have again. No more "lights off"... LOL! Dr. Shaw did an amazing job with pulling in the sides to give me back my hour glass figure, and also did a great job on my belly button.