Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty - Scottsdale, AZ

I'm a 47 year old female. My nostrils have always...

I'm a 47 year old female. My nostrils have always been crooked, one was round and one was narrow. Over the last few years I have developed a chronic sore in the narrow one in the fold and assumed it was because I was getting older. I felt that a plastic surgeon would be able to straighten it out. In my search for a doctor, I looked at plastic surgeons, then found Dr. Hobgood who is both a facial plastic surgeon and an ENT. In researching him I just felt he would be a good doctor to consult, and it's a good thing I did because we discovered my septum was so crooked that it would need to be straightened before anything else could be fixed. I ended up having two surgeries at one time: the necessary surgery-the septum part, then elective surgery-removing small bump at the top of my nose, making the tip smaller (I might as well as long as I was having surgery!) He also placed something inside that would hold my nostrils out and make them flatter. The surgery went well (I'm a good patient and this was my fifth surgery), I was home a few hours after waking up. Three days later I couldn't stand the cast so I took it off (my instructions said if it fell off that was ok, I figured I could help it off!). Healing went well and swelling was gone for the most part after a couple of weeks. Bruising was minimal. He did say that it can continue to get smaller and softer for a year or longer but that would be minimal. I am very pleased and happy I got this done. The chronic sore is gone, but also the crooked end, and I am not embarrassed for people to see it!
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hobgood, office staff, and surgery center staff all very friendly, helpful and professional.

U look great! Just wondering y 26,000?
I was a little shocked when I got my statement from the insurance company and saw that the medically necessary part was $21,000. Probably because he had to do so much work to the septum.
Congratulations on your result. You look fabulous!
Wow your doc did a great job!
Thank you, I agree! I'm really fortunate to have found him and I highly recommend him!
No it wasn't a revision, and the only cosmetic procedure I've had. The medically necessary part was 21,000 which insurance paid most of, and the elective part was a little over 5,000. The doctor had to completely reshape the septum cartilage. There is a very small scar between my nostrils, it healed so well I can barely see it.
I am glad everyhing turned out great for you. Don't you wish you did it sooner.Congrats!
Yes, about 25 years ago!
Very beautiful results. Was this a revision? Did your insurance cover part of the surgery?

What a lovely result!! I can't see much scarring in the photo, can you see much in person?