Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty - Scottsdale, AZ

I'm a 47 year old female. My nostrils have always...

I'm a 47 year old female. My nostrils have always been crooked, one was round and one was narrow. Over the last few years I have developed a chronic sore in the narrow one in the fold and assumed it was because I was getting older. I felt that a plastic surgeon would be able to straighten it out. In my search for a doctor, I looked at plastic surgeons, then found Dr. Hobgood who is both a facial plastic surgeon and an ENT. In researching him I just felt he would be a good doctor to consult, and it's a good thing I did because we discovered my septum was so crooked that it would need to be straightened before anything else could be fixed. I ended up having two surgeries at one time: the necessary surgery-the septum part, then elective surgery-removing small bump at the top of my nose, making the tip smaller (I might as well as long as I was having surgery!) He also placed something inside that would hold my nostrils out and make them flatter. The surgery went well (I'm a good patient and this was my fifth surgery), I was home a few hours after waking up. Three days later I couldn't stand the cast so I took it off (my instructions said if it fell off that was ok, I figured I could help it off!). Healing went well and swelling was gone for the most part after a couple of weeks. Bruising was minimal. He did say that it can continue to get smaller and softer for a year or longer but that would be minimal. I am very pleased and happy I got this done. The chronic sore is gone, but also the crooked end, and I am not embarrassed for people to see it!
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hobgood, office staff, and surgery center staff all very friendly, helpful and professional.