Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty - Scottsdale, AZ

I'm a 47 year old female. My nostrils have always...

I'm a 47 year old female. My nostrils have always been crooked, one was round and one was narrow. Over the last few years I have developed a chronic sore in the narrow one in the fold and assumed it was because I was getting older. I felt that a plastic surgeon would be able to straighten it out. In my search for a doctor, I looked at plastic surgeons, then found Dr. Hobgood who is both a facial plastic surgeon and an ENT. In researching him I just felt he would be a good doctor to consult, and it's a good thing I did because we discovered my septum was so crooked that it would need to be straightened before anything else could be fixed. I ended up having two surgeries at one time: the necessary surgery-the septum part, then elective surgery-removing small bump at the top of my nose, making the tip smaller (I might as well as long as I was having surgery!) He also placed something inside that would hold my nostrils out and make them flatter. The surgery went well (I'm a good patient and this was my fifth surgery), I was home a few hours after waking up. Three days later I couldn't stand the cast so I took it off (my instructions said if it fell off that was ok, I figured I could help it off!). Healing went well and swelling was gone for the most part after a couple of weeks. Bruising was minimal. He did say that it can continue to get smaller and softer for a year or longer but that would be minimal. I am very pleased and happy I got this done. The chronic sore is gone, but also the crooked end, and I am not embarrassed for people to see it!
U look great! Just wondering y 26,000?
I was a little shocked when I got my statement from the insurance company and saw that the medically necessary part was $21,000. Probably because he had to do so much work to the septum.
Congratulations on your result. You look fabulous!
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hobgood, office staff, and surgery center staff all very friendly, helpful and professional.