Thicker and Lasts Longer Than Juvederm Ultra Plus - Scottsdale, AZ

I love my fillers! I alternate between perlane and...

I love my fillers! I alternate between perlane and juvederm in my lips bc for me the perlane last longer and seems thicker but this can result in a little more of a bumpy feel. So thats why I use juvederm sometimes too, it's smoother but doesn't last as long and you get less per syringe.

My dr also uses the perlane at the bridge of my nose and it amazingly makes my nose seem straighter. Its awesome bc I am too scared to get a full on rhinoplasty!

Haven't had as much filler the last few months as...

Haven't had as much filler the last few months as I typically maintain due priority of other procedures but had a little last month in middle of lower lip and today in upper border and some in lower border. Chose it over Juvederm for its longevity and thicker consistency.

Still a Perlane advocate:)

I am still preferring the Perlane over Juvederm for my filler needs. Haven't gotten a chance to try the Juvederm Voluma but kind of holding out for the Restylane SubQ which is supposed to be the Medicis' similar longer lasting version of filler like Voluma.
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is a personable and skilled doctor (he did my blepharoplasties, you can read that review for more reasons why I think so highly of him), takes his time and always wants to make his patients happy. Great bedside manner and very accessible if you have questions. Great artistic eye with fillers and the other procedures he offers. When I get the courage to get a rhinoplasty, I will hopefully have him do it!

So thank goodness I am lucky enough to have access to Dr. Holden's skill and care again. For those wanting his expertise he is at North Valley Plastic Surgery in North Scottsdale working with multiple doctors and a team of great ladies that do the injectables. They always seem to run some great deals too which is always nice. He is still the skilled and caring doctor that he was from day 1 when I met him for my first consult. When I get the guts and the downtime to get a rhinoplasty I will definitely be going to him!
You look f'ing AMAZING! Congrats. I think it takes courage to do procedures. Go girl!
Thank you:) I started small like most with just a little botox and graduated to the fillers. It's amazing how much the filler helps my nose and profile, it's a great way to make an improvement without having to have a rhinoplasty which is an invasive surgery that I still am nervous to get.
Wow! Your lips are absolutely gorgeous! I am so jealous... It looks like the Perlane really did hold up. How long did it last for you until you had to get another round? Also, did you find any difference as far as healing/cost/shaping? I know that the juvederm is "pliable" to an extent - just wondering if Perlane is similar. I will start my research now! Thanks again! You are gorgeous :)
Thanks, sorry I have been away for a bit!  So what did you choose?  Anyways, the Perlane is more cost effective for me because my body doesn't process it as fast as the Juve. Plus since the Juve is known for its gel like consistency I feel like the you give up some of the volume in return. You know, that "umph" you get the first week after you have the filler lol?  The Perlane may feel a tad firmer but keeps the volume and for much longer for me.  It has become my all purpose filler! I use it in lips, nasal folds, bridge of nose, and recently a tiny bit in my chin (to balance it out from an old injury) .  Everyone has there own preference though-depends on what works for you and what you and your doctor think gives you the optimum results.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

If you skim the reviews I have, you will see that the only surgeries I have had are for my breast augmentations and my eye blepharoplasties.  If that makes me addicted....well than I guess I am guilty as charged lol.  The rest of the things (fillers botox dypsort zeltiq) were non invasive cosmetic enhancements.  The only one that is permanant was my eyebrows-hey can ya blame a girl for tiring of drawing in her brows all the time?  I don't feel I am overdoing anything or doing anything that is detrimental to my health so I am content with the decisions I've made and will make in the future. I don't think I am needing an intervention or anything but thanks for your input!
You said it, Scottsdale 1247! I have no idea what veggiegymrat said but can easily conclude from your reply. If you need intervention, then so do I...lol! In her defense though, I used to judge people who had plastic surgery too but with age and maturity, I've learned NEVER EVER to do that! Here I am over 40 and just recently had breast augmentation too...and it's by far the BEST decision I ever made...such a life changing experience! I was fine with being small before but after nursing 2 kids, I never even let my husband see me topless. My chest was concave and saggy too! So I did the surgery for me and couldn't be
happier. Oh and I recently did permanent make up for my brows too and love 'em! Penciling in my brows always took the longest in my make up routine and with 2 little boys running around, saving 10 minutes in the morning was a Godsend. All the best to you!

I know!  It's amazing how cutting down some time off your make up routine makes you feel so free from the ties that bind you to that darn makeup!  It was such a process trying to get my makeup to flatter my eyes when my eyelids were covered with so much excess skin.  Now I don't even wear eye makeup, just a little concealer underneath sometimes.  When i do periodically try to put a little shadow on, I feel like it makes me look older.  Weird but you will see what I mean if you get your uppers done.
Scottsdale you're a wealth of info.! I soo appreciate it & I will ask about Perlane for sure- a rebate would be GREAT too!! I did print out your lips as my model-lol!! :)
Thanks Scottsdale! I was happy with the Juve (only had once) except for the ducky thing-so guess I'll try again and only do areas of borders or maybe not any of the border- guess I'll let ps decide-but thanks for all your help! :)
The borders will accentuate the ducky look you referred to. Also, I personally notice a considerable difference in the amount of swelling the first week or so between the Juve and Perlane. Much more with Juve and then it goes down much more compared to Perlane. That's just me though, but something to consider when you think you look too ducky afterwards. Perhaps you could ask about Restylane or Perlane as an option (Perlane is just higher concentration of hyaluronic acid). In my opinion, it last longer anyways(and there are rebates through March as well).
Scottsdale-you're absolutely gorgeous! Now I'm confused as to whether to go with Juve or try Perlane!?? decisions, decisions lol!

You are too sweet, Bellanocha-I have had much help from Dr. Holden lol.  Perlane isn't commonly used in lips so make sure you have a dr that is comfortable doing it as it is a very thick consistency and not the same as Juvederm results.  Everyone is different-Perlane just happens to work better for me.  If you had good results and were happy with the Juve in the past, then maybe just stick to what you're comfortable with.  I do periodically use Juve bc of its smoothness but I had to go through trial and error to find out the right maintenance pattern for me.
Thank you, Sono! I use mostly Perlane in my lips. After being disappointed with the longevity of Juvederm, I wanted to use the thicker stuff so tried Perlane and loved it. It works out since I also use it in the bridge of my nose and they always seem to have rebates. I would be willing to try the Restylane in the future though.
You look great. Did your surgeon inject Perlane in your lips or restylane? They look really good.
Your nose and lips look awesome. You look beautiful. I had perlane for the lines around my mouth about a week ago. I had two syringes and I feel a huge lump. I know your situation is different but were you able to feel the lumps afterwards and for how long?
Thank you, fillers did help a lot more than I imagined they would, I also do Perlane in my nasiolabal folds, usually closer to my nose area. I rarely use a whole syringe in one visit though. Usually you can try to gently smooth out the lumps after a day or two by massaging them a little but try not to play with it too much! In my lips, I can feel the filler there because I know it's there, especially on the inside of my lips where the skin is very thin and tender, but I don't really feel "lumps". The same applies when I get it around my mouth area. It feels slightly firmer than normal where the filler is for maybe a week but then softens up eventually. Hope that helps!
Scottsdale1247-Thank you... It's been 3 days now & I've worked all 3 days! Yes, I agree that sharing our experiences, asking, and researching are all very necessary! I will keep the rhino surg u mentioned in mind in case for the future. Also, I agree that minority rhinos such as Asian & middle eastern r even more "special" (lol) for lack of a better word; as we r beautiful & exotic beings lol. The filler for me in 3 days didnt change me but it was much needed esp., when my life is transitioning & growing w/ someone special. I want to enjoy this time w/o worrying about how my nose looks. We r planning for a wed on 2012 & I just can't take the risk of nose surg., knowing there is possibility for revision as I will just not b able to b/c it will b do close to our special day.
Even w/ the filler I worried about granuloma formation.. I know now that Anytime u put in or cut u face risks.. I should have known this the first time ESP b/c I'm on the medical field; I was just too trusting.
Btw do u how of a good procedure- whether it's laser, surg., or creams for a hypertrophic scar formed under the breast ( slightly above the breast crease). This is a second worry for me & hoping that the scar will b improved b/c I know scars will not completely go away. Plz fill me in on any info, whether it's a dr or procedure recommendation.
Thnx !!
I have never had any problems with granuloma formation or any scar problems. I am not that knowledgable about hypertrophic scar formation to give you advice about it, I am sorry. My facial plastic surgeon is very smart about all that skin and scar stuff, you could go to his website and shoot him an email, I am sure he'd be happy to share his knowledge. I wouldn't worry about a scar in that area too much as it isn't exposed very often. I got my implants in the breast fold as well. You shouldn't be worried about it if it isn't causing you pain. Congrats on finding your soul mate...everyone is not lucky enough to end up with the person that makes them happy and you should focus on cherishing every moment you have with that person. Life is too short and true love and happieness of the heart is too rare.
*i have a bridge now*
It's incredible how that little bit of filler instantly can fill the bridge isn't it?! I love it! I hope everything continues to work out for you.
What does it cost to have the bridge of your nose filled? It looks fantastic! I have the same issue in that area and am in need of Rhinoplasty as well and I also am shying away from that.
Thank you! I don't think my doctor uses more than 1/3 of a syringe of perlane, if that even. It really doesn't take too much if it is done in the right places. I had no idea that my profile was like that until afterwards and my nose looked so straight and somehow smaller. It's awesome! I couldn't stop looking at my nose for the first day lol.
After many consults with different Drs., lots of time, consultation fees (some were free), getting emotional about "the nose " (lol);this is my experience from a primary nose surg done 2 1/2 yrs ago... My nose was ruined.. I have been in agony @ times, no one can understand unless they have put that trust in a dr only to be disfigured! I would continue & stop @ times looking for the dr who I would trust to fix my nose; I recently net with a surgeon& after discussing my concerns he told me about possibly using fillers/injections; I met with this same dr again & took one of my sisters w/ me; I went for a third time w/ another sister, was able to meet a worker who had the filler done 2X, she answered my questions, I saw Picts of b4, after 1st, and 2 syringe. All three visits I asked ?s, read about the perlane filler in particularly on the nose, searched this site n asked any ?s. I asked Scottsdale1247 ?s as u can see. And While I can't tell u do this or that plz rethink rhinoplasty.. It's complicated surgery b/c the nose is not a flat surface, even in the best hands rhino is risky; I dreaded the thought of revision b/c it has been emotionally exhausting; I went thru w/ perlane filler 2 days ago & so far it's great.. While injecting the dr told me to take the mirror & look and sure enough I burst into tears... I have a bride now (lol)! Good luck to you.