week one down!! feeling better every day**** - Scottsdale, AZ

I am a mom of two wonderful boys and finally...

I am a mom of two wonderful boys and finally decided to make some improvements that no work out on earth can help with. I have been wanting breast implants and a tummy tuck for a while now and started doing the research. After reading this web site almost daily and having three consultations with three surgeons, I narrowed it down to Dr. Gawley in Scottsdale. I want to thank the ladies in this website who posted the amazing details about their surgeries, thanks to all of you I felt more confident on my decisions and my preparations. However, I noticed that a lot of the ladies don't post anything after the surgery has taken place so it leaves little information to what else we need to do or know for when we are recuperating.

I had my mommy makeover on Tuesday, Oct. 9th. I had breast implants and a tummy tuck and got to stay over night at the recuperation facility recommended by my surgeon. The first night was fuzzy, I remember trying to wake up but preferring to sleep instead. The nurses were very patient and they helped me to walk to the bathroom when I had the need. My husband picked me up the following day after Dr. Gawley came to visit and gave me the ok to go home.

Without a supportive husband or relative there is not way recuperation could take place. My husband took care of laundry, kids, food, and kept track of my meds, my bathroom breaks, helping me getting in and out of my recliner.

The first couple of days I was feeling like a zombie, wanting to lay down on my recliner all of the time but not getting comfortable. My appetite was not affected but got full faster. I slept a couple of hours at night only since I couldn't sleep on my back. I have been drinking a lot of water and trying my best to relax.

Dr. Galwey gave me a CG, which he measured before my surgery so I can wear it for six weeks at least. He also gave me a Vincenzo bra, which has been incredibly comfortable, because I can adjust the straps, and fasten it from the front or the back. I have no problem wearing this bra for the next six weeks as I can sleep with it too, my husband got me a black one and a beige one too so I can rotate them. So with my CG and my amazing bra I have been recuperating very nicely. I got to see Dr. Galwey last Monday and he took my drain out....and you ladies were right...what a weird feeling, I am so happy I only had one!

Today I feel very good, still walking a little bent over as I don't want to over do it, the muscles feel so tight!!
I didn't know how much it hurt to laugh, cough, cry, sneeze... I had watched a couple of comedies and had to stop them because I was hurting so bad...then I went to drama movies and when I was crying it hurt too!! SO I decided to watch singing or dancing shows and those were safe. I still have a hard time explaining to my little boys why mom had a bottle with fluids coming out of her belly (drain), or why mom is not chasing them around like always...but I do get to kiss them and hug them often.

I am going back to work on Monday as I used all of my time off during these two week to recuperate and I am glad I did.

I'll let you know what week two brings!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I was recommended to Dr. Gawley by one of his patients and took in consideration how happy she was with the final results. When I met him I got to see a young man who takes pride in his work, pleasant to talk to and a very clean office. His patient coordinator, Mrs. Brenna Carmazzi has been very professional and friendly, she takes the time to answer more of my questions as they come up and has been very patient also.