My Experience Changed my Life - Scottsdale, AZ

I decided to have a Lifestyle Lift, and had a...

I decided to have a Lifestyle Lift, and had a positive experience from the onset. The staff was so supportive and the surgery itself was a great success. I consulted with Dr. Robledo, waited another month until my weight loss goals was met, then came in for my procedure with full confidence.

My recovery was smooth because I followed Dr. Robledo's careful instruction to the letter. Now I am 6 months out post procedure. I look 15 years younger, I feel 25 years younger an the attention I receive is priceless. I have a new found confidence that is worth every dime and can never thank Dr. Robledo enough for his skill and compassion.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

I can't say enough positive things about each profession who assisted me in the process, from my consultant, to the desk staff, all nursing assistants and surgical assistants straight to my wonderful surgeon, Dr. Robledo. I stellar experience that I will never regret.

looking great!!
thanks Sharon for that.....I personally do get upset that some have had such great results and I did not.
bobbi's pictures and the words about how great LSL are at first made me think that her terrific transformation as shown in the pictures was all due to a LSL procedure.

that was a little confusing I think for some people.

Hi all -- This is a thread for Bobbi to share her Lifestyle Lift experience. You're absolutely welcome to ask questions about her surgery, recovery, etc. but please do not post belligerent comments or accusations that she is not authentic. We all have a story to share in our reviews, whether it's positive or negative, and everyone is welcome to post their experience on RealSelf without feeling attacked.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

--Sharon

Sharon, will she answer my questions??? I really feel If she were authentic then she wouldn't get defensive and shrill... when TRULY no one has challenged her authenticity in any way..... In my opinion Worse things have been said by "happy" people to the poor injured and damaged people. And I never saw you intervene to my knowledge, telling the "happy" people to lay off. Obviously she contacted you..... Can you please give the Damaged ones the same consideration. If she wants to come on here and post a story like this with her non pictures and no details...... then she's the one that threw herself into the fire. And she should be prepared to answer questions. Do you want to make a bet with me that she will go the way of RoseMaybud, Classyblonde, TonyRR, Deb10. All who have been vile to injured and damaged people!!!!!!!!

Sharing a story on RealSelf should never be considered "throwing yourself into the fire." That is the antithesis of what the site is all about. Everyone gets a chance to write their review and tell their story; when the authenticity of that story is questioned (and yes, "Are you a LSL employee?" is confrontational), or suggestions are made that what's been written isn't good enough, it is demeaning to the person who has taken the time to put their experience out there and have their vote counted.

In short, everybody gets a platform to share their story, judgement-free.

We treat everyone the same, whether they've had a good experience or otherwise. I'm the community manager of the LSL section, so I read 99.9% of the comments that get posted, and I step in when necessary. But we don't always catch everything, so if there's something you feel is inappropriate and we've missed it, please message me and I'll look at it.

Dear Sharon,
I know you have a lot to do and I know you have deleted a lot of nasty comments and mine as well when I go over the top on response. And I appreciate the community you keep very much, and I will definitely remember the judgement free part when my review and pictures are finally posted. So many comments about why didn't "we" the unhappy ones, just except what we have and get on with our lives, lose some weight, get a new hair style, wear a more pleasant expression, take our *&%#@ rants elsewhere, we've been asked to get off and stop scaring people, and on and on. You have realize it is stressful enough to post a negative experience and be accusingly told that well if you didn't check on your dr. then oops on you. One woman said to another, I guess since you and I are happy that's all that matters... I'm sorry that doesn't create an atmosphere of open sharing.... if something is too raw or accusatory with inappropriate language I know you will delete it and we all appreciate what you do so much I just can't say it enough. We know you have to let things be said, and sometimes I'm glad that you do. It shows a persons character in their postings and that in a big way expresses what I wanted to say. Thank you tor keeping up all the love and good work that you do. This open forum is what free speech is all about.
One thing, I really did have the LSL, I also had some Lipo and the under fat removed, because some of us have that problem, I wish my scars werent pink, but I know they will fade, and I am whole heartedly sorry to those of you who have burning or itching at the incision, the incision seems to be the biggest concern most people are having, I wish you all only the best, and am still happy I did it, and will be even happier when I am five years out...
And when, Bobbi was the exact date of your surgery? How long has it been now?
once again, it would be great to actual before and after photos of your FACE......
ok, i will send directly befores and afters, from the office....
wow what a transformation in those two pictures--all that was from your LSL??
Thanks, I lost 70 pounds and I had the LSL with Liposuction under my chin...and fat removed from under my eyes....I am very happy...I saw your scars, I also have pink scarring...next year it will not be pink, we all scar differently, have patience and use your foundation and powder....I still would do it again, my life really has changed....
With such mixed reviews, sounds like a good idea to do one's own really good research before they do or decide anything--that's what I'm going to do--straight common sense--do your own research and trust yourself not others
Best approach, you are wise...
You do look fantastic! You look more like you had more of a full facelift. Your surgeon did a great job. I personally feel like my recovery process was so easy and I healed quickly. I pretty much stayed out of sight for at least a week and didn't need any assistance. My scars are gone and they disappeared pretty quickly if you do as that say putting healing creams on the scars and staying out of the sun or keeping the area covered. I also always wore a tight band around face until I was healed. Lots of rest and I found that in order to stay off my bandage/stiches I used a padded neck pillow almost donut shaped to sleep on which relieved any discomfort from the bruising/stiches. I did have something mild prescribed for pain/sleep to help me if I needed it which I did use a few times. I was greatful that all went so well.

I also just want to point out that having talked to other surgeons since I had the work done, the truth comes out. Guess we should know this. Any lift does not last you a lifetime. You are right about the 5-8 yrs but I also learned that the older you are those years will be less. We can't stop the aging process which speeds up as we get older (makes sense). So a woman in her 40's results will last longer than a woman in her 60's. I don't remember hearing that when I choose to have it done but now I understand that every person is different on how they heal and how their body/skin responds to surgery as well.
It would be great to see REAL before and after pics. I mean....the BEFORE your LSL with the weight off (they take them in the office for you, if indeed you had a LSL) AND the AFTER that they take. Your before and after pics indicate a wonderful weight loss (excellent for you....I recently lost 35 and could post similar pics) but if you had a LSL, could you kindly post before face pics and straight on after pics?? Thanks!
YOu say you have no tightness or numbness but that your incisions are "alive." Please explain.
Also, you are the ONLY person on any of these sites who lost numbness/tightness in 6 months. Ummmmm.......pretty amazing.
my numbness or any tightness I felt is now feeling natural, and the numbness is completely gone. My incision is healing and I feel it completely, zero numbness, the nerves are healing and it is awake, often itchy, so massaging acclimates the nerves to touch and soon the whole thing will be just a memory...but I dont believe I am the only one who has lost the numbness in 6 months, though I may be blessed with quick healing....I bet I am more the norm.....
I am FOUR YEARS OUT and still have pins/needles/numbness/itching. There are nights and days where I think I am losing my mind because it won’t go away:(
I get itching too--what is that from? I have to be careful not to scratch too hard because that would draw more attention to an area I would rather no one see
Just to add that my costs included liposuction and the removal of the fat pad beneath my eye which of course added to my costs, so perhaps you would not need that, I however needed that and am thoroughly pleased I did, it took ten years from my appearance, at least....smiling!!!!
Dear Bobbi,
Just wondering what influenced you in choosing this doctor over his partner who was trained at Johns Hopkins?
Okay, I was first introduced to Dr. Robledo, and felt that he and I could work well together. I was completely impressed by his open and frank manner. He didn't try to put up a false face to me, he is as educated in equal measure as a man from John Hopkins. I have worked in Pharmacy for 25 years, people are people no matter their degree. It should count for something yes, Stanford, Ivy leagues, of course. But how could I discount a qualified surgeon who offers me support and honesty because his degree doesnt say John Hopkins. We discussed my case at length, we spoke openly, and on the day a calm, qualified surgeon who treated me like gold gave me the best gift, my face back....thank Goodness I chose him.....
Bobbi...sorry, but your post made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! I live in Baltimore and therefore have had the honor of dealing with many physicians at JohnS Hopkins. It is JohnS Hopkins, by the way. Are you a LSL employee? I went to Dr. Patrick Byrne, at JOHNS HOPKINs...he is a world renowned Plastic Surgeon there. I went for a consult because I have been left with permanent nerve damage as a result of my LSL. He told me that they get “mailings” from LSL all of the time, trying to get their doctors to come on board to do this part-time to make a “great extra income.” He thought the whole thing cookie cutter surgery and tells his people there to throw the letter away.

So, to try and compare a LSL surgeon who is doing it FOR EXTRA INCOME, is an insult to those doctors who take their oath seriously. They operate on US in a DENTAL chair for their EXTRA INCOME. Nice, isn’t it?