Skeptical but Hopeful for Results... in 6-8 Weeks - Scottsdale, AZ

(the price above reflects my Village member...

(the price above reflects my Village member dicount on there monthly special price of 900, normally 1200) I work out regulary and do all the stuff you are supposed to do, squats, cardio, diet. But I have certain areas of genetically predetermined fat pockets that refuse to go away.

I have been interested in a non-invasive fat contouring procedure for years. I have chosen to treat my inner thighs for my first treatment, if it is successful I will then do my flank area (that sounds so gross, I am NOT a cut of meat lol. Let's call it the lower back fat area.) I was measured and we took before pictures for my benefit so we could see proof of results in the future. A cold wet sheet was placed over the area and the device was placed over the desired area. There must be enough tissue to go between the metal freezing plates, which I definitely had. The suctioning was uncomfortable but not too painful. The cooling is then turned on after a satisfactory tissue grab is done.

It feels very cold but doesn't hurt, slightly achy at times but discomfort also comes from having to stay very still for the entire session. If you move and break the suction, the treatment ends. Each thigh was treated for an hour and done separately so sitting for 2 hours in a dim room with spa music can make you very sleepy. After the first side was done, I looked down to see my fat in a odd rectangular shape like a fat stick of butter. Kind of ironic lol. I poked at it out of morbid curiousity and it was a gross gelatinous hunk of semi frozen fat. It is numb so I didn't feel it being poked, just felt the firm yet squishy consistency of it and it was pretty gross.

The frozen mass of fat cells then are massaged out for a few minutes to break up the cells. I was told this is an important part of the process. This was probably the most uncomfortable part, it feels like someone is overly kneading a heavily bruised area. It remained very pink and swollen for hours. In fact, my fitted yoga pants looked strangely odd from behind as you could clearly see the upraised areas on my inner thighs.

Afterwards you are able to resume normal activities even working out but by then I was tired and ready to relax for the remainder of the evening. I was walking very stiff for a bit too from the tenderness. The day after much of the swelling subsided and the treated areas are only faintly pink, as if I got a little rug burn or something there. The tenderness is only slight and I am anxious for my liver to dispose of the fat cells. Supposedly in 6-8 weeks I should see a 20-25% fat reduction. Until then, back to the gym...

It has been 3 and a half weeks since my treatment...

It has been 3 and a half weeks since my treatment to the inner thighs. I have been doing my cardio regularly the last week or so (had surgery 2 1 1/2 wks ago so was out of commission for about a week) and I always notice that helps but not sure if the combo with the coolsculpting is making a difference or if its just my exercising, I think maybe it is helping a smidgen but since results are typically seen at 6 weeks, I don't want to jump the gun yet...stay tuned!!

Much after my zeltiq treatment I don't feel I got...

Much after my zeltiq treatment I don't feel I got any worthwhile results. I knew it would be a gamble since it isn't meant for inner thighs. Still am a candidate for lipo as this isolated area of fat never goes away much.

Okay...let's try a different spot...

So I have determined that the zeltiq on my thigh areas was mostly ineffective. If I had results they are miniscule. So I decided to give my other stubborn fat area-my love handles a go, seeing as how that is ACTUALLY one of the areas that it is FDA approved for. It was it uncomfortable in a mildly painful way when you initially get your tissue pulled up into the device, you do one side at a time for an hour each. They have to massage your frozen block Crisco ( lol jk. it is so ironic to me that afterwards it is shaped like a stick of butter!). It was pretty tough. I was digging my nails into the pillow as she kneaded my skin like pizza dough. It is moderately painful but luckily only lasts a few minutes. for a good ten minutes after it burned like a heat burn does. I guess it's thawing out. Laying on my stomach was a bit of a struggle the last hour because of my breast implants and my elbows were killing me after propping myself up so awkwardly. After the treatments I got dressed (very sore, moved slow) right away but that was a mistake. My right side was on fire and was going through the thaw phase and walking around right away made me really nauseous. I literally had to sit as soon as I got to the front desk bc I felt like I was going to pass out, my face started feeling hot, and I felt chest tightness and the sensation of not being able to breathe, almost like a mild panic attack. The girls gave me some cold water and had me relax and sure enough, about ten minutes later after I "thawed" I was starting to feel normal again. It was so weird, didn't have that happen to me before. So anyways, like I said, I was very sore and you will see why in my photo. The red dots are markings she made for the device so don't let that alarm you but I had heavy bruising. The swelling that night and the next few days was moderate, enough to make my pants felt tight. I felt semi numb there for at least 5 or 6 days. I would say the bruising started to fade more on day 8 or 9. Now the darn waiting game...8-12 weeks. Boo.

Bruising appears shortly after

This is about an hour after I had gotten the zeltiq on my love handles (not crazy about the term "flanks". Is it just me or does that term sound like I would be a horse or something lol.). The bruising had made its reddish plum hue appearance. The area was pretty numb still and would continue to be for another few days.

Day of

Darn it, this was sup to be the pic for the above, sorry.

Day of

Sorry, this pic is for the above update

Pricing

FYI, the Zeltiq is one of ultrasmooth's monthly specials-half off! Can't beat that!! It was a little more than $500 to do my love handles (considered a small area). Bruising as well as semi numbness btw was about gone by day 7 or 8. Sorry about the pics above. I don't know why the heck it got screwed up and posted 2x. I hope the pic format changes soon.

Not bad..Def need a series of treatments for optimum results

So it has been almost 3 months since my single treatment on my sides. I do believe that the treatment delivered what they advertise-in conjunction with you having healthy habits on your end. It is common sense, we all know you gotta MOVE! Unless you work out, try to eat healthier, and up your activity there is no point in wasting your $ on this. You need the whole formula for results: Coolsculpting + Exercise + Lifestyle changes in dietary intake. It's hard bc you have to wait 8-12 wks to compare your before and after especially since I am such the "instant gratification" person but on the otherhand, getting the Coolsculpting can motivate you to get healthier habits bc you know it's won't seem effective otherwise, kind of jumpstart you. So I did start working out more the last few months and I think in conjunction with the Zeltiq, I did get okay results. The numbers are about 20 to maybe 30% reduction in fat I believe that can be achieved and I think I got about 20. What do you think? I think it will help to get another treatment, I look forward to that. (And I am not working out as much as I could be - try to do 45-60min of cardio at LEAST every other day if not every day and do some light toning a few times a week.)
Ultra Smooth Skin

I did the zeltiq for my arms only once and unfortunately did not see any improvements at alll, i m thinking to do lipo in my arms but before opting to having lipo in my arms might be willing to do another set of zeltic
How long has it been since you got the treatment?  I keep reminding myself that you are supposed to be patient and to try not to evaluate the results until week 8 but I also feel like a lot of the results pics that show a good result are ones after multiple treatments.  You have to diet and exercise as well to get optimal results.
Thanks for the update. One month later and I can't see any changes in my stomach nor my thighs. Big waste of $2,500. I was warned on this website that not everyone achieved results. I was however expecting SOME results. I agree that I was trying to find something non-evasive, but it was a waste of time and effort. Very disappointed.

I agree, the money is better saved for lipo. I could've gotten lipo for about 2400 if I had done it at the same time as my BA revision!
Hi- Any updates on your inner thigh results? I had mine done on July 23rd. I know it is early, but I don't see any changes yet. I run 3x per week and find my inner thighs very annoying. Hoping this would help, but now not so sure. On 7/30 I had my upper and lower abs done. I think the upper looks small, lower no noticeable change. Looking forward to an update. Thank you.

I thought at first there were some subtle improvements after the 8 weeks but now any results seem obsolete.  Getting a series of treatments may give better results but I am going to just save my $ for some Vaser lipo and get the noticeable results that I really want.

I did not expect any miracle quick fix from this but tried it out of curiousity...if I can avoid invasive surgery it is worth looking into!
Hi! I have exactly the same problem/body shape as you....I want to reduce my inner thighs so badly because they are just so disproportionate comparing to the rest of my legs....I am even thinking about doing smart lipo....but after reading the reviews on this site...I am a little bit worried about the results and the side effects....have you happened to measure the size of your inner thighs? Is there a significant difference so far? Thanks a lot!
I too wanted to try anything that wasn't invasive if possible. But keep in mind the coolsculpting is not FDA approved for inner thighs even though ppl get that area treated. It just means don't be too disappointed if it doesn't give you the results that you had hoped for. Even if it does work, it is only 20% or so reduction so it will certainly not give you the dramatic results some light lipo would give you that I think you and I are both wanting. It is not a magic miraculous fix, I am still uncertain but starting to lean towards thinking I should've put that $ into a lipo fund instead lol. I don't remember what my beginning measurements were-I'll have to call and find out, get back to you on that one...
Thanks for replying. I've read your other reviews, and assume that you are asian too? One thing I'm very skeptical about lipo is the side effects. I'm even thinking about getting it done in asia because I hve afew frds who did traditional lipo said the results are great...and not as much side effects as what I have seen on this site (huge bumps) I go working out literally eveyday for 2 hours and eat quite healthy too...all body parts are very easy to tone except for the inner thigh fat pockets...I just become depressed whenever I see them...I have made up my mind to solve this problem once school is done...which is in 3 weeks...hopefully I can get sth figured out by then
Btw..your body looks great! Hope you get the body type you want!
Thanks, I know it can be tough when you feel like you are doing everything right and still left with "problem areas". I am not sure about surgery overseas...I think you can get great treatment here if you find a great doctor (with less safety regulation worries), there are always risks of side effects wherever on the globe you choose to have surgery. Some ppl may just yield better results bc of their specific genetics and situation, you know? Have you been to any consults in your area?
I am going into week 2 since having my sides and front done. They say men don't really get bloating, but I am noticing some itching on my lower stomach. Did you have the same? Ty
Well, I have read some ppl saying they notice a difference in how their clothes fit after 2 wks that get the love handle areas done so maybe the itching is the process working. I did have slight tingle sensations once in a while after but nothing that noticeable. The area I had treated was so much thicker in fat density so I would imagine that your areas were able to expose more fat cells to the "freezing" session. I think what you have is a common after sympton. When I felt anything, I would just massage the area a bit, hoping it would help the dead fat cells seperate from the remaining ones. Who knows if it is beneficial or not but couldn't hurt!
Ty for your feedback. I really haven't noticed much of a difference but the tingle or pins sticking in my lower stomach from the procedure. I guess since I'm only in week 2, I am just being impatient and wanting to see results. Hopefully by week 4 i will notice something.
Yea, you have to remind yourself that this treatment is not going to yield quick and dramatic results like a lipo, and since it's so gradual, it will be hard to see if you check every day like I was tempted to. I think I was hoping for a miracle even though I knew better. Just try not to think about it and maybe when you measure yourself at wk 8, you will notice a change in the numbers, otherwise, you may drive yourself crazy lol.
You are one of the few people that talks about being bloated and feeling itchy in your stomach...well, I am starting to think something went wrong with my procedure because it has been 1 week and I am still so bloated that I can't wear pants! They dig into my stomach and the pain is unbearable! I have severe pain the entire time and now I am also having pins and needles stabbing my stomach along with itching! This has been the longest week of my life! I really hope it goes away soon and I start seeing results! I did my upper and lower abs and my love handles all on the same day. Good luck to you!
Hi,
I am interested in getting this procedure and also live in scottsdale. I was wondering where you got yours done at?
Thanks
I had it done at Ultra smooth skin. It's on the 2nd floor of the Gainey Village. If you are a member of the Village you get 10% off everything! The price now i think is unfortunately higher than the $900 special they were running but it is still a competitive price. Still unsure if I am getting good results or not. I think I should have done the love handle area since that is what it is approved for and ppl seem to get noticeable and quick results there.
Thanks for the info! I am also a member of the village and wanted to make sure that I'd where you were talking about! I'm think of doing my lower stomach and love handles! : )
Sure thing! I have read ppl see results in as little as 2-3 weeks on the love handle areas. Supposedly most ppl like it but I think that the thighs are such a large area that the device isn't big enough to cover what needs treatment. I knew the risk of not getting results since the FDA only approve the areas around your waist. Who knows, maybe if I get fat transfer to my butt, that thigh fat will come in handy lol. At 8 wks I go for a check up and compare to my before thigh circumference measurements. That will be the true proof if it worked...
Cant wait to see your results! I am a runner and can not ditch my inner thighs! I run 6-8miles at least 5xs a week. Coolsculpting is offered at my dermatologists office and i am considdering it before summer. I am only 4'11 100 pounds but my upper thighs really bother me. So excited and nervous to try it.
I know the feeling. I am glad it is on my thighs though and don't have cankles, those seem like they would be harder to fix (and hide lol). Still unsure about the effectiveness of this treatment. it is limited to an area much smaller than I really need to make a dramatic difference. I need contouring around the entire circumference of my upper thighs. I may look more into this if I look into getting a bit of fat transfer to my butt. The more squats and lunges I do, the bigger my thighs get and smaller my butt gets! No! This is backwards of what I am trying to achieve lol!
Hi,

I'm very interested in this procedure for my inner thighs as well. I've been battling my thunder thighs for years and exercise and diet has not helped. I hope it works for you! Did the place you went to for your procedure consider that one session even though it was 2 hours? Also, did they recommend a follow-up session?

Patty
Patty, yes it was one session-the machine can only do one side at a time so any area takes 2 hours. I hope it works too! If it does show improvement, obviously I would likely get optimal results with one more treatment in about 2 months. It is only FDA approve for love handles so that's why you never see it advertised for the thigh area but I hear it is just as commonly done as the love handle area. I have read mostly good reviews of it so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

How long is it before you can expect to see results?