Glad I Did It..excited for Summer Now! - Scottsdale, AZ

I heard about Cellulaze on the local news because...

I heard about Cellulaze on the local news because Dr. Shapiro is the only surgeon in Arizona that performs the procedure. I had not heard about Cellulaze before - I had no idea this procedure even existed. After seeing the patient in the news, I was so excited about it that I made an appointment for a consultation for the following week. When I went in to their office and I saw all the photos of other patients amazing results I was pretty much sold.

I have had other plastic surgery procedures before so I expected this to be a pretty easy procedure versus an OR procedure. On the day of my procedure I was dropped off, and made comfortable while I took some pain and anxiety medication and they prepped me for the procedure. Then when Dr. Shapiro was ready to start they used local anesthesia on my legs. You are awake and alert through the whole procedure. I was comfortable the entire time - you cant really feel anything when the doctor is actually doing the procedure. The incision they use is so small there wasn't any blood or anything like that after the procedure.

It took about 2 hours from start to finish. My husband picked me up and I rested the rest of the day. I took the next day off from work but I probably could have gone to work if I wanted to. It was a little sore, but just really minor tenderness. The pain medication they give you for the next day was more than enough to be comfortable.

You do have to be patient for the results. You can see immediately what they will look like after the procedure, but they take about 3-4 months to fully heal. I am about 6 months out now and I noticed a VAST difference. I am SO READY to wear a swim suit this summer.

It sounds like things went ideally for you. That is so great! Will you post some pictures so we can see the changes?

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon