The Best - Scottsdale, AZ

I had saline implants for about 9 years and I was...

I had saline implants for about 9 years and I was starting to notice more rippling. So I had an implant exchange for silicone.

Post-op experience has been great, so far. I...

Post-op experience has been great, so far. I freaked out cause I had gotten on the scale after surgery and I was up about 7 lbs. Don't be alarmed! The water weight was gone after about 4 days and I was back to my normal wt. I haven't had to take a single pain pill :) I mentioned to the anesthesiologist that I had a problem with nausea after general anesthesia. He gave me some anti-nausea medication during surgery and I was great, after. However, I did have a case of really bad constipation. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, Please make sure you buy stool softener or laxatives when you p/u your prescriptions for post-op. (Re:Sleeping)I was uncomfortable for 2 days, post-op, but mostly because I'm not used to sleeping on my back. It helped me to sleep on my couch w/ a couple of pillows to prop me up. Bring a sports bra with you to your 1st post op appointmt & I recommend wearing a sports bra at night to sleep for about 2 weeks after surgery cause I've found it's a lot more comfortable for your new twins.
It's been about 2 weeks after surgery and I am still a little bit sore but I love my results, as all the swelling has gone down. (Re:Workouts)The greatest news for me, since I am very active, Dr. Shaw has given me the green light to start light workouts, such as walking and biking (not spin). No matter how active you are before surgery, do yourself a favor and make sure you take it easy until the Doc gives you the ok to workout. Your body will probably thank you for it:)
Arizona Plastic Surgeon

This is the 2nd time I've had surgery with Dr. Shaw. He is a perfectionist and pays attn to details. Which is, definitely what's important for me. I've recommended all of my friends and my only sister to go with Dr. Shaw for a breast augmentation and I will continue to do so. The only low rating I gave was the wait time because with every appoint. I've had, I would wait at least 30 min. and would only see the Doc for about 5. You should ALWAYS plan for an hr for every apptmt. But he is worth the wait.