Breast Impant Removal 400 Cc Under Muscle, 40 Yrs Old, 15 Year Old Saline Implants - Scottsdale, AZ

I would first just like to say that I'm so...

I would first just like to say that I'm so grateful for all the women who have posted on this site and how much everyone that I read has helped me. The pictures I truly think look so much better after than the before has given me the courage to do this review. I hope it helps someone like me and I hope having the PS info will help too. Thank you to everyone who has posted!! :)
I am going to have my 15 year old saline implants removed in 3 days and I have to say I am very emotional today. I think it is because I just don't know what to except or maybe should say just not sure how I am going to look. I had my implants done when I was 25 years old and honestly never hated them or have had any problems with them until recently. I remember my PS saying I was an A cup on one side and an AA cup on the other when I got them done. I am now a large C and that is what I wanted when I got them done. I have decided to have them removed for several reasons and I know this is right for me but I still feel like crying today. I seem to be on a roller coaster of emotions on day super excited the next really scared and today just feel like crying but have no idea why. Ok enough of that. Now for the important stuff that can maybe help someone else who is thinking about doing this here are my reasons and fears.
Reasons
1- at my 10 year mark of having implants I got sick. Started to have seizures, inflammation in my joints, brain fog, twitches in my face, neck pain, and back pain, DDD, and weight gain. I had to have two spinal surgeries in my neck and my arthritis in mainly my knees and spine are pretty painful.
2- I have a hard time exercising, other than walking due to these problems
3- Get shortness of breath at times due to the weight from my implants
4-pain when lay on my side ( this is very recent)
5- really don't want to have any more surgeries
My Fears are much fewer and really kind of silly but I am not skinny like a lot of these beautiful women who are on this page. I am heavy and do fear that having smaller much smaller thinking an A cup (honestly can't really imagine that after all these years) is going to just make me look fatter. I think women with smaller chest that are smaller people are beautiful. I never appreciated my body when it was like that and it will be my goal once my implants are removed. I am currently 45 lbs over weight. I am also scared that I'm going to have inverted nipples and no breast at all. I do know from reading other posts that it will take time and I do understand this can take up to a year. My PS that is doing the implant removal is Dr. Repta in Scottsdale AZ. I have to say I really, really like him and his staff. He has done a great job answering all my questions and I always feel better and very optimistic after seeing him. He was supportive of my decision from the first day that I meet him and I was so worried that I was going to get pressure to have other implants put in. Instead he said two things to me that really helped. He told me that most women who have there implants taken out are very happy with the results and that I will be impressed and surprised by how much the skin will bonce back. I really am hoping that I will get some health benefits by taking them out but I do believe that even if I don't I know it will be easier to run, move and just lay on my stomach again will be a first in 15 years. :)
Sorry this was so long if anyone has any more good advice please let me know!
I got the compression bras, La Mer lotion that I read in other reviews

1 day postoperative

I had my surgery yesterday and everything went well. I am still in very little pain and have only taken 1 diazepam for muscle spasms . This is so much easier than the first surgery. I do have more pain in my left breast in general and a off and on squishy feeling but it's not getting larger. So I don't think it's a big deal or abnormal. I had the same feeling off and on before my surgery but thought it was my implant. My check up is one week after my surgery on the 8. I will get some pics on here tomorrow and I brought home my implants so I'll put a pic of them on here tomorrow as well.

2 day postoperative

Just got some pics and I have to say even though they look a little sad I'm really happy and feel so excited! I wish I knew how to change my "not sure to worth it"

2 weeks

So I am two weeks out of surgery now and feel great! I still have a ways to go with healing and forget that some times. :) For example I just last night have been able to lay on my side for a very short time. I tried to walk on the treadmill usually (before surgery) did 3.8-4.1 for an hour on average. I was only able to walk 2.0 for 6 and a half min due to the bouncing in my chest hurt to much. I did drive today a short period and that was also difficult and really made my pecs in the upper area by my arm pits hurt. I was able to find a REALLY great guide from a plastic surgery clinic in Dallas that really outlined what to do and not to do for the six weeks of recovery and when I read it it states to not do any aerobic exercise until the 4 weeks due to bouncing. It is a really great detailed instructions that I needed and am do happy I found it. I wish my doc would of gave me some guide lines to follow. It even answered my question about the squishy feeling and how it was normal better than my doc did at my 1 week post op! I still think he did a great job but do feel that he really disappointed me in the after care exam and instructions. I have seen my breast improve a lot since my first pics but plan on putting up more pics at a month to show the difference.
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

From the moment I first met Dr Repta I feel at ease. He and his whole staff is very professional and kind. He listen to my wants never pressured me or questioned me on why I wanted to remove my implants. He was very understanding and respectful. My husband and I both liked him right away. I am very happy I had this surgery and am extremely happy I picked Dr Repta. I would highly recommend him and his staff. I would say at my first week check up that I didn't really get any information on what I can do or what not to change and I forgot to ask, as far as the healing process. I will say I also personally felt that due to this being a pretty simple surgery according to the world of ps that it was a little unvalued what we go through by Dr R. Per how I felt at the recheck. This would be my only critique. And why I'm taking stars away.

Thank you for sharing. I am contemplating having mine removed but am very concerned about how they will look and act. I like the firmness with the implant. Although I am having pain in the left breast. Suggestions welcomed. Thx
Thanks for the update, you look like you are doing well! I could really have done with some kind of guide following explant - I didn't feel like I was given much information, so you don't know what to expect, what's normal and how things will change. I don't suppose they have their guide online?x
Hi Tracy78 I did get them on line. The little info I was given from my dr did match these on line instructions as well. But the on line instructions from the Dallas clinic breaks it down into the weeks of recovery from your first days to six weeks. Not sure how far along in the recovery you are but here is the link that has helped me. http://www.cliniquedallas.com/wp-content/uploads/Post-Op-Instructions-Implant-Removal.doc Hope your doing well
Congrats I think you look fantastic and are going to be much more comfortable. Looks like you did the right thing, good luck in your further healing.
Thank you :D I really feel good and am glad I did it!
If it makes you feel any better. I just had my implants out as well except that they were for reconstruction after a double mastectomy, so I'm having to get used to zero breast tissue. Perhaphs someday I will try fat reconstruction. But for now I'm learning to love me without breasts at all.
No this doesn't make me feel better but I have such admiration for you and women like you. I admire your strenght and courage and think you are beautiful and I can say nothing is better than loving yourself. I totally agree with that and can say I truly love myself just got scared of the unknown. I'm happy with my decision and love myself more everyday for doing this for me and my health and not letting what I believe society thinks is beautiful be my guidlines cause that was what was messed up not me. I think your amazing for your journey as wish you nothing but the best!
...congratulations on your surgery. You look like you have lots of tissue. Happy healing looking forward to following your recovery
Hi msprincess Thank you for your kind words I gotta say all you ladies are so wonderful!!! I am happily surprised at how much tissue is there but I know I have swelling that will make me smaller but am fine with it. Thanks again for the support :))
Congrats! Look at you! Thanks so much for sharing with us! So they removed the entire implant? Do you have drainage tubes? The implants look in tact! You look great and wondering how you are feeling only 2 days post op? Thanks again for sharing, you rock!
...you are welcome....you've done the hard bit now just enjoy the rest and put your feet up. You've earn't it. Trust me I can't even make a simple decision and there you are out the other end lol. I am in awe. Get well wishes coming your way:-)
Hi lauracroft No drainage tubes and no cc in either breast. I put the one on to show in 15 years how much volume was lost and how wrinkly it is. You can't see any writing on it any more either. The other one you can. Glad to have them out. So funny I loved them When I had them and now I love not having them just as much. :)). I'm doing really well. No pain just some burning and mild itching off and on I did get some intense pain for about 5 min last night but other than that doing great. I haven't taken anything other than 3 diazepam total and surg was the 1st. :))
Thank you so much! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read all the kind words and well wishes sure helps the healing process ! So thank you again :))
Thanks for walking us all through this explant! How are you feeling these days...just curious! I just KNOW you are feeling great! I have my appointment on 7/18 this Friday. Just knowing that all of you are here, especially you deserhiker, makes me not feel so alone in all of this!!! Thanks again and PLEASE, keep us all updated with your encouraging words!
I'm putting in my two week progress and please let us know how Friday goes :))
I will for sure. Thanks for your support.
OK I read your 2 week progress report, and it makes me sad for you that the doc did not fill you in on "squishy" boobs and no excerise, etc. WOW 6 weeks to recover? I remember it was only less than a week when I received my implants. So maybe this removal is more than you signed up for as to recovery and YES the doc should have filled you in, as well they should be continuing to fill you in as you heal.OK. Maybe you have to change your 5 starts on the aftercare section. Let me now how you are feeling, love your updates! Talk soon!
I will keep you up to date and I just wanted to say as far as pain it wasn't anything like the first. Are yours under the muscle? Sorry you may have already said. Mine are and I remember it took me about a month to be normal like 100%. This time is much faster I am able to do much more than the first time. So you may be a faster healer too :)) Thanks for all your support. I just can't say enough LauraCroft I think your the best. :D
* mine were lol. Ok talk to you soon :))
Yes mine are under the muscle and it took a few days, but the first few were AWFUL ! I do remember that! I am going to meet the doc tomorrow afternoon, I am nervous.
Yeah really no pain never even filled the pain med script. Just feel so good it's very easy to over do it. :) and relize the six weeks recovery isn't due to feeling bad just body healing and having to wait to do stuff you feel good enough to do until you try it lol then can be sore from over doing it. Don't be nervous dr r is really a nice guy and will treat you with respect. He is also very good surgeon and will be able to give you good advice. I'll be thinking about you let me know how it goes.
ok, it's just the first appointment, but indeed I will let you know. I do have a question. Before your surgery, did you have to have a mamogram or anything else like that first? Thanks again for your support!
Congratulations! Happy healing!
I too need my breast implants removed. I am so afraid and I am writing surgeons in the Phoenix area for consultations. Honestly, I don't really care what it all looks like (meaning I will be smaller breasted again.) I have had the saline implants since 1989. Never had problems until recently, one of the breasts is hard. I am a mess with fear at the moment. I could really use a good doctor and someone like all of you on this thread to support me. I am so afraid at the moment that something has gone wrong, after all of these year. Thanks .....and hey thanks for sharing your true stories.