Reinventing and Reinvesting in my Life - Savannah, GA

Having just turned 60 years old, a caretaker of my...

Having just turned 60 years old, a caretaker of my spouse suffering with dementia, a potential caretaker for my adult child with M.S., and a child still in college, I decided to mark my retirement by doing something for myself. Financial challenges actually prompted my action. I had to replace my home heating and air conditioning unit at a cost of $6,000. I thought about the fact that something would always be breaking down and these things are sucking up the small amount of funds I have. I thought about how as a society we tend to take care of "things" such as the finish on a car, the paint on our house, and not do anything to take care of ourselves. My college aged daughter encouraged me and I thought about the fact that I needed to be there for her for many years as well. I considered botox and realized that long term, the surgery made more financial sense and the least risky long term. Finally, I know I have to go back into the workforce when the time comes and I need to look fresh and have the self confidence to compete and be successful. I CANNOT EXPRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH BETTER I FEEL ABOUT ME. That helps me push on and be a better caretaker as well. I am no longer hopeless but hopeful.

I feel set to go for the rest of my life. No matter what happens to me, I can better handle it whether it be the death of a loved one or a serious illness/surgery of my own. I will have no regrets!

Thanks for posting your story, Lucia. Taking "me" time can be the hardest thing, but is well worth it! I'm so glad to hear this has all helped improve your outlook and approach to life.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

I researched plastic surgeons. Dr. Finger is the Eienstein of the plastic surgery world. I had total confidence in him from day one. Of course he has an incredible reputation and is the "father" on plastic surgery in our area. Experience is critical. Additionally, he is easy to talk to and puts you at ease. His staff are all extremely compassionate and friendly. He has staff that have stayed with him and you can tell the staff enjoy what they do. I really appreciated being able to stay overnight after my procedures. They never took their eyes off of me. I know how one-on-one care can be from my career. It is rare to really get that without the person drifing off, looking at a phone, or otherwise getting distracted. Dr. Finger's staff were attentive at every minute. Amazing care!