Scared, Nervous, and Anxious - Sarasota, FL

I'm 40 and after 3 kids: 20, 18, and 16, my...

I'm 40 and after 3 kids: 20, 18, and 16, my stomach looks saggy and droopy. I have deep stretch marks which creates this awful amount of skin everywhere. I am scheduled to get my TT w/ lipo at the end of April. I am over joyed and excited!!!!! But at the same time I am dreading the recovery. Is this going to be worth it???????

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am also 118 lbs and 5'4. I gained nearly 75...

I am also 118 lbs and 5'4. I gained nearly 75 lbs during my first pregnancy, goiong from 110 lbs to almost 190

My size & shape is very similar to yours! I go in on April 8th! Good luck to you! You will be so happy you did it. Yes, the recovery sounds awful - I cannot believe I did not anticipate that before I found this forum! I mean, it is major surgery so I knew it would hurt! I never even heard of drains, using recliners to sleep in, Bio-oil, Milk of Magnesia, etc. before I found this forum. So many good tips. I go to my pre-op tomorrow. I am loaded with questions!

There are good meds now. So, hooray for those. Just make sure you take it easy after the surgery. Your kids are older, so give yourself time to rest, rest, rest. Your body will need it to recover. A tummy tuck will make a HUGE difference to your abs and self-confidence. Please be sure to come back and let us know how it's going for you.

Also, if you're on Facebook, I've started a page called Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back. Come join us!

So worth it!! I wish I would have done mine years ago, but better late than never. I agree with bridg, the first 3 days were the hardest but pain meds get you through it. You look great and after surgery you will be HOT! Good Luck!!

Thank you for the encouragement, I'm going to my Dr. tomorrow for the second consultation. Any questions you think I need to ask?

Just visited my pre-op appointment. My date is...

Just visited my pre-op appointment. My date is April 27th. I feel confident with the Doctor I have chosen. I am excited, nervous, and ready. I can't wait!

hey I just posted above you! check out my post and pics b/c we have similiar body types! my answer day 6 post op is YES it's worth it! If you have any questions just let me know!

I am 4 days post op and everything is going great...

I am 4 days post op and everything is going great so far. The first time I looked at my stomach,wow, what a huge difference. I believe to have a great experience, you need to do your research and find the best doctor in your area.

My doctor was excellent! The nurses said he took his time and he did an awesome job. Instead of a 3 hour surgery, it was almost 4 hours. I was thrilled that he took his time and it shows!

I go to the doctor's tomorrow to have the drains removed. I will post pics tomorrow. Also, if you are taking pain medicine, you might want to take a laxative and drink lots of water. I did and I did not have any problems with going to the bathroom.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am 5 days post op and feeling great. Today I...

I am 5 days post op and feeling great. Today I will be getting my drains out, I can't wait. I am still sore but it is definitely manageable. I am walking around everyday. I am very happy so far with the results. Recovery has been as I expected, painful but not unbearable. Images coming soon

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

He has been very personable and listens to what you want/need. He takes his time and is a perfectionist. My stomach looks amazing!