Upper abs procedure / Paradoxical hyperplasia suspected - Sao Paulo, BR

I have 31 yo and my body changed completely after...

I have 31 yo and my body changed completely after my pregnancy. I diet and exercise regularly, I already dropped 20 lbs but my figure wont change for nothing. I used to be curvy and now I feel like spongebob. My hips are the area where I have the biggest fat deposit of my body and I'm fully aware that only a lipo can fix that. After that comes the abdomen and arms. I'm giving a last chance for a non invasive procedure before going to something more radical on my abdomen.

Talking with my dermatologist, I decided to give a chance for coolsculpting on my upper and lower abs because I'm afraid of have an unenven stomach with lipo procedure. I had my first session 4 days ago (03/06) and we decided to test it on my upper abs first to see how my body respond to the treatment.

We used 2 small applicators, one at a time. They first placed the applicator with the only the suction on, in order to have me prepared to what was about to come.
The amount of fat that thing sucked it was quite impressive. Regarding the feeling, I can't really tell that was pain. It was a bunch of things combined: the fact that I was not able to take a deep breath (I think it was because of the diafragma) made me super nervous. This was by far the one thing that I HATED during the treatment. It was uncomfortable, but bearable. Once I was "familiarized" with the sensation, they turned on the cooling and, with that, the burning feeling began. 10 minutes has passed and the numbness arrived. From that moment on I only had to deal with the shallow breaths and the uncomfortable feeling of being stuck in the same position for 50 minutes. The next side took one hour more, but I was more relaxed. I had less fat at the second side too so I think that why the procedure was more tolerable.

The massage after the removal of the applicator was the ugliest moment ever: 1st thing, it looks gross. 2nd thing, you skin starts to warm up again and with that comes the pain and the tingling. It will be annoying for a couple minutes until you get used to.

I went to work right after the procedure. I didn't need to take any meds so far, and I'm at day 4. The pain is quite tolerable and when it gets worse I'm using and ice pack for relief. I'm having zero trouble to sleep and the worst part of all, right now, are the itching attacks. I can't run because of soreness and numbness. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a masseuse. God help me.

I will keep you posted about my progress. As soon as I got my before pics I will be sharing with you too.

1 month update

Coolsculpt made a difference. Not huge but enough to be noticed.
When I pinch my upper ab, the fat portion is smaller than before and when I sit my belly folds in a different way. I feel that I lost more fat one side than the other and when I lay down I can notice a small dent where the applicators where overlapped.
Something awkward: I'm feeling more hungry than before. Like cravings for junk food. I don't know if this is a response of my body trying to recover the lost of the fat cells or if I'm just anxious.
If anyone has experienced the same I would be glad to know.
Regarding pain and numbness: both are completely gone. The first fade away at week 3 and second one at week 4. Hope to see more improvements during these 30 days left.

Coolsculpting - The bad side of it

So, I was one of the lucky ones who got a lump instead of results on the place that I treated (upper abs). The area is bigger than before. One side bigger than the other.
When I lay down it feels that I now have something that shouldn't be there. The fat also feels different than before, more thick than used to be. My doctor is now giving me free sessions of Maximus and Exilis to see if we can fix this thing out without liposuction, but I'm not buying it.

I couldn't regret more.

Before and After (Lumps)

I will try to recover my before and after w/ the doctor to post here, but these are the images that I have right now to share with you.
Dra. Solange Pistori Teixeira

She is the sweetest person ever and an exceptional doctor, from start to finish. Her team is making everything possible to fix the problem that Zeltiq's Coolsculpting created.

Hey there... I underwent Coolsculpting and also suffered from the horrendous side effect known as paradoxical hyperplasia. I am in the process of seeking compensation because the area has doubled in size!! It's criminal that they are allowed to run such a procedure with such horrific side effects. They need to state very explicitly what this side effect is PRIOR to the procedure and then we can make an informed choice as to whether to go ahead or not. I know that this procedure has helped many people lose fat- but the fact that other people like us have been left worse off than before is insane! Are you taking this up with Zeltiq? I would be interested to hear any opinions of how much compensation one should be entitled to after having had an area of your body disfigured. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Cheers Sam
Hi Sam, thanks for your message. Not yet. The clinic that I had the procedure done is doing all they can to fix the horrendous result without a cirurgical intervention. My doctor has said that Zeltiq usually pays for the lipo in cases like that. I'm searching for other solutions than lipo but if they don't result, I will look for a compensation w/ the company for sure.
thanks for your message and good luck! I'm exactly the same- I don't want anything that is invasive to fix the problem- too many side effects that are involved... best to do it the natural way plus maybe a few sessions of things like ultrasound cavitation -which is completely non invasive and uses ultrasound to break down the fat cells (I've had it before and it's worked). But I strongly believe that Zeltiq have to pay out on the grounds of medical negligence. Exactly how much is the question....
testing
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm considering getting this procedure and would love  to see how you look now. Sometimes we are our worst critics and other people can see what we don't :-)
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

How are you doing now, have you begun to see any results? We'd love an update.
Hi Kirsty! I just posted my 1 month update and I can see some improvements. Looking forward to month 2!
Awesome, I'm glad you're starting to see improvements coming through. Hopefully that will keep progressing as the weeks go on. Keep us updated with your progress!