SmartXide for Acne Scars - Santa Rosa, CA

I had this procdure done on Monday Feb 14th yes...

I had this procdure done on Monday Feb 14th yes Valentines Day. on my face, chest and neck. I am 47 yrs old and had severe scarring from acne in my early twenties and uneven pigmentation. I was all set to have a full face Co2 laser resurfacing done with another doctor when my girlfriend said let me ask my friend who is a cosmetic surgeon his advice first. Boy am I glad I did, I hated the idea of the horrible recovery associated with it.

It is now Thursday and I am so happy with the procedure. The scars are still there but I wasn't expecting a miracle either. But they have been diminished by at least 40%. For the first time in years I won't be feeling as if people are staring at my face. I didn't find the procedure to be painful at all. Much less painful then my tattoo's.

Day one: My face felt like it was on fire just like a really bad sunburn. So I put ice packs on and after about 5 hrs it was gone completely.
Day two: Oh my god I was so swollen I was starting to wonder what in the world I had done.
Day three: Swelling almost gone and the dead skin is rolling off as I wash my face revealing pretty new smooth pink skin. YEAH!
Day four: Today my skin is looking so amazing. I am still really red in some parts due to him doing some extra work around the deep scars. But they already look as if they have flattened out some and are not as deep. My chest is not looking as good and is itching like crazy but I expected it. The skin there takes longer to heal and my doctor explained that to me. I am going to have a second procedure done in a few months to address the scars further. I say that now but who knows I might be satisfed with just one.

I love my Doctor he never over estimated what I should expect, he said it is much better to under estimate and he was right.

I am so glad I had this done and I would tell anybody who is thinking it over to go for it. That is if your doctor gives the OK.

In all I just want to say it gave me some of my self confidence back. I liked who I was before but I like my face even better now!

I will post pics tomorrow.

Day five: My skin looks awesome and is almost...

Day five: My skin looks awesome and is almost completely healed I still have a little reddness around two of the most severe scars but it just looks like a little leftover sunburn. My chest is still red but it is subsiding and I am amazed at how smooth and even toned the skin that is appearing is. I used to worship the tanning bed and was always dark, dark , dark during the summer. Never again for me when I see what flawless skin looks like. I also went back to work and got so many comments aboud how fantastic my face looks now. I may be almost 48 but it feels so good to hear that people don't believe it.

Thanks again for such a wonderful laser.

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is really honest about what to expect and spent the time to make sure I understood the improvement I might expect. He is an artist with a laser.

HI Naparedhead,

Thanks for the review. That's awesome that you are not worried about people staring at your face anymore, so great. Are you going to go again as you said you are only 40% clear? If you are comfortable the community would love to see pictures. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,