39 Year Old - Always Had a Double Chin but Was Starting to Sag with Age - Santa Monica, CA

I know I will need a chin/neck lift. I've always...

I know I will need a chin/neck lift. I've always had a double chin, even though I've always been slender. In my profile, there's essentially a straight line from my chin to neck and I have no defined jawbone because of a recessed chin. I was prompted to investigate options after I was interviewed for a news program and saw myself on tv. I was horrified - I thought my whole chin/neck area just looked like an elephant's foot. I researched options and saw two doctors. Both said I was too young for a whole neck lift and one doctor recommended Ultherapy. I was desperate to do SOMETHING very soon. So I tried Ultherapy. And yes, the procedure hurts like heck, I had tears streaming down my face. But I was prepared and just grimaced my way through. I had my jawline, neck, and chin area done. I went back 3 weeks later where my doctor did some 'touch-ups' close to my chin. I believe I had a very high frequency and I had the maximum amount of laser points allowed. It's now been 6 months and I'm not happy with the results. It doesn't look bad, I just can't see any real difference. So I don't think I would do it again and I'm not sure I would recommend it. I wish I just saved my money so I can get the chin lipo that I need. I also don't blame my doctor at all. He was very clear that the results would not be dramatic - and in fact, I don't think I was expecting a miracle. I just don't see any difference.
i had smart lipo done on my double chin neck area and have no results. i think this area is very hard to see results unless you go for full on surgery like neck lit or face lift
You have confirmed what others have told me. One friend had it with no results so ended up with a lower face neck facelift and looks great. If this is something that is affecting your life very dramatically, I would consider seeking the advice of several more board certified plastic surgeons with excellent reputations to see if they agree about you being too young.
Thank you for sharing your treatment experience with the community.  I am sorry to hear that the results were not what you expected.  But you gave this a good shot and tried.

Let us know what your next steps may be.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Even though I'm not happy with the Ultherapy results, I really adore Dr. Karamanoukian. He was great! No high pressure 'sells', very personable, very down to earth. I plan to go back to him for the chin lipo. I would HIGHLY recommend him - he's just awesome.