4 Days to Go...can't Believe It! - Santa Monica, CA

Hello, I have been reading everyone's experiences...

Hello, I have been reading everyone's experiences as I get ready for my tummy tuck, lipo on the flanks and breast lift on Aug.22. It's reassuring to know so many have gone thru it and learning from them. I have three boys, a 15, 14 and 10 year old. I am 5'9 and weighed 145 before having kids. During my pregnancies I went as high as 210, and later settled at 185. Over the last 2 years i have been working out on and off and brought my weight down to 157 (was at 148 at one point-almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight). I have consulted three plastic surgeons over the past three years and just wasn't convinced enough as they all said I needed an extended tummy tuck due to the extra skin on the hips. Since I wasn't ready to handle that, I put it off. Since past summer, I had had enough of hiding by bottom half under a sarong at the beach and being self conscious. I researched many doctors and visited one that seemed quite known for his natural look. After the consultation, I was so sure that I booked my surgery date right away. Needless to say, I think about it everyday and hope I'm making the right decision. I also look up tt's gone wrong and pray it won't happen to me.....I want my boys to have me around for a long time to come. I will post some before pics later when I can figure out how to work it. Thanks again to you all for posting your thoughts and experiences, they truly help others reading it! God bless you all:)

It is now Aug 23 and it's one day post-op. The...

It is now Aug 23 and it's one day post-op. The surgery went very well. The anesthesiologist, nurses, and staff were absolutely awesome. They put me at ease before being put to sleep. They explained what was going to take place and were right by my side when I came to. Absolutely no vomiting as I was given a pill when arriving and a patch behind my ear. I decided to stay two nights at a facility right across the street. They provide transport and the facilities provide individual rooms in a cozy suite setting. The nurses here are wonderful and always checking up on me.

I did not feel any pain at all but then again, I don't remember how I left the operating room and got to my bed here at the facility.
The pain is more like being hit by a Mack truck or like doing 500 situps. I have no problems asking for pain meds when I feel a little more pain.....don't need to impress anyone!

I have compression sleeves on my legs (like the one used when talking blood pressure) and this helps with keeping blood clots away. I got up at 6:00 pm to go to the restroom and walked around the floor. Did it again at midnight and at 6:00am. I am feeling a little discomfort but did ask for a Vicodin pill. Oh forgot to mention that the doctor had advised me about a new pain reliever/number that he can inject in the tummy before closing up and it lasts for 96 hours after surgery-was totally optional as it cost $500 but for the benefits it can provide, it is worth it. We are waiting for some activity in the stool department as I am taking a softener to help it along. If nothing happens by tonight I will take some Milk of Magnisia.
This morning the doctor's nurse came by to see how I was doing and we made an appt to see the doctor tomorrow after I leave this wonderful room. Have not seen anything yet but will tomorrow. Will keep you updated and possibly add the before and post-op pics!

Will let

It is now Aug 23 and it's one day post-op. The...

I have compression sleeves on my legs (like the one used when talking blood pressure) and this helps with keeping blood clots away. I got up at 6:00 pm to go to the restroom and walked around the floor. Did it again at midnight and at 6:00am. I am feeling a little discomfort but did ask for a Vicodin pill. Oh forgot to mention that the doctor had advised me about a new pain reliever/numb that he can inject in the tummy before closing up and it lasts for 96 hours after surgery-was totally optional as it cost $500 but for the benefits it can provide, it is worth it. We are waiting for some activity in the stool department as I am taking a softener to help it along. If nothing happens by tonight I will take some Milk of Magnisia.

It is Sunday the 26th and 4 days post op. I had...

It is Sunday the 26th and 4 days post op.
I had spent day 2 at the facility and kept walking about 4 times around the floor. Took MOM to help get a bowel movement and it worked. On day 3, left the facility and went to see my Dr. He said all looks great and for me to call on Monday to see how everything is going. I got to see the my belly and it looks good, although I feel nothing as I touched it.

I don't need to wear anything over my breasts as the skin can not be compressed as it heals. As for the drains, I am still extracting about 250 cc per day so hopefully will diminish to the point where they can remove it. They are inserted at each side at the bend of each leg and the Dr. Said they are about 16-18 inches long inside....oh I can just imagine the pain when they need to come out!!!
I am trying to walk around more often but my back hurts soooooo much from the lipo (Dr said they removed 1900 cc which is a little over 4 lbs). I still bleed at the drain inserts and feel the pain. I see that many of you already standing up straight, but I am nowhere close to being like that. The med injected during the surgery is wearing off and I am taking Vicodin every 4-6 hours.

Sleeping is not as comfy as my back hurts and I still have the foam pads that don't help. Dr said that I can shower even with the drains, but I am too chicken so just sponge bathe until they will be removed.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery:)

It is now 6 days post op. I had taken out the foam...

It is now 6 days post op. I had taken out the foam pads on Monday and was able to sleep much better. This morning actually took a full shower, washed and dried my hair by myself. I am still hunched over and my back is still very painful when walking. The good thing is I only took one Vicodin yesterday before going to sleep as I felt so swollen, like a balloon ready to pop. Happy for me one of my drains is close to being at the 25 cc needed to have it removed. The other is still at the 90 cc so probably by Friday. Was getting kind of discouraged as many fellow tummy Tucker's are standing pretty straight within the first few days, and I am still hunched over and it's almost a week. I did google how long it took others to straighten up, and am relieved to know I am in the norm. I will try to add some pics later, as it doesnt download from the iPad.
Have a good healing day!

Congratulations! Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are recovering well. Keep us posted and happy healing.
Thanks Miz.Cola. You look great, and already standing straight...I am nowhere close to doing that, but do see a slight improvement...I need to be all better as I need to be back at work on Sept 4th as well.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that it all gets better by then:)