So Far, So Good...- Santa Monica, CA

Just had my first treatment yesterday (and trying...

Just had my first treatment yesterday (and trying to type with ice bottles under my arms!)
The procedure was at worst uncomfortable but no where near painful. The numbing part is about as bad as it gets. A few needle sticks. And I did have a couple of spots that got "hot" during the treatment but if this works as much as I'm hoping it will it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Today I have mild swelling and a couple of burn marks/bruises but nothing tragic.
I've been suffering in silence with sweaty armpits since I was about 13 (more than 30 years now). No one who doesn't have this problem really understands. Anyone reading this probably does!
I'll post my after pics and keep you posted on my progress during the next few months.
I really appreciate everyone who has posted on here so far. Seeing the comments helped me decide to invest the money and I was well prepared for the after effects.
Wish me luck!

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

This was the closest location to me in Southern California. It was quite a drive in some pretty bad traffic but again, if it works it's worth it.

How are you doing now!?

Congrats on getting the Miradry done! It is so great to hear that you found the treatment to be tolerable. Its been a couple of days, so would love to hear how you are doing now.

My arms look much better. The red-looking spots that were burns or bruises (not sure which) are gone now at day 9. It's hot here so I still sweat a bit when I go outside but I'm pretty sure my armpits are dry!!! I can't wait for it to cool off a bit here and see if I stay dry all over all the time. I am still sore and sensitive under my arms. Mostly at the end of the day because I move around a lot and I can't wear t-shirts at work. I know this will eventually go away so I'm not worried about it. And I could continue to take asprin or motrin if I wanted to (I just to prefer to avoid unnecessary medication). For anyone who is very active/athletic you should be aware you may have to tone down your exercise for a few weeks. And for those who like to go sleeveless, you may want to consider doing this proceedure in the Fall or Winter. Just so you don't have to worry about anyone asking about the bumps under your arms. So far I'm doing well and glad I invested the time and money to have this done!

Thanks for adding the tips about waiting until fall or winter due to the red bumps. I'm sure many other community members will find that tip very helpful!

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well, and yay for your underarms staying dry!! Looking forward to hearing more from you as the weather cools and you can tell if you are staying dryer or not. :)

Hi Madcow! How is everything going now? Looks like we are 3 weeks since you had it done. I would love to follow your story!
It's been about 5 weeks since my first treatment and I'm doing well. My underarms are still a bit sensitive. If I am very active or I wear something that rubs my skin I feel a bit sore at the end of the day. It's an odd sensation... kind of like I have a rash except that I don't. My skin looks great and I can only feel a few small bumps under the skin now. It is working and I have NO REGRETS! I need to schedule my 2nd treatment for some time in January.
Wow, 5 weeks and it is still sore? I guess it's worth the inconvenience though ?