Too Soon to Tell? - Santa Monica, CA

So I took the plunge and went through with the...

So I took the plunge and went through with the surgery, but now I'm not sure I made the right decision. Prior to the surgery, I was told that it was a "virtually painless" process and that I would be back to work in a few days, however, that has not been the case. Aside from going to the bathroom, I have been in bed for four days straight. Unable to sit up, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
Not to mention, my vagina looks and feels like freddy kruger did my labiaplasty . I followed my doctor's instructions very carefully, but still have some worries that there might be something wrong. Am I rushing to judgment?
Dr. Ghozland

I checked at ***removed 3rd party link*** I can't find Dr. David Ghozland name on it, seem like he is not a certified plastic surgeon, beware if not certified surgeon. May cause you not look normal and need redo another surgery again, another long pain again.
I had the same procedure done with Dr Ghozland 2 months ago and it turned out amazing!!! First week was bloody hell.. vagina + surgery = not going to tickle and i looked like frankenstein down there from the swelling ;) After a couple weeks when the swelling went down and everything settled it looked amazing!! He has also done 2 labiaplastys on 2 friends of mine, and they love it too. Its too soon to tell, give it a few weeks and you will be able to see what it looks like
Hi Miss Jay, You're absolutely right! The swelling has gone down a lot and it looks really good. I'm glad I went through with the procedure, but just wished I would've taken more time off work to heal. Thanks for the response!! xx
Hey there, just checking in to see how you are doing, how is your healing going, are you feeling better about your decision to get this surgery?
Hi Eva, I'm doing a lot better now. Although it was rough the first week, Arnica, Extra Strength Tylenol, and ice packs helped me get through it.
So glad you are feeling better - amen to pain relieving drugs ;)
Your image is blurry and you have a bruise. Make sure your doctor has seen this to make sure you are healing OK. Now I read you are bleeding. Definitely go to your doctor before the weekend! Hugs.
I went to the doctor today and it turns out that all of my stitches are intact and there is no infection! : ) The doctor did a great job and I needed to just wait until the swelling went down. Thanks for the support!! xx
This whole process has been a nightmare. A few of my stitches broke today and now I'm bleeding like crazy. I am so worried that I will get an infection or that the doctor will have to do another surgery. I wish I would have known about the possible complications of this surgery prior to having it done.
I was also bleeding a lot for almost 2 weeks. It turned out to be fine. From what I have researched, it is rare for a revision from broken stitches. Keep rinsing after using the bathroom, changing pads frequently and applying bacitracin or Neosporin.
Depends upon how skilled your surgeon is. Doctors vary a ton from excellent to hack butchers. I did not bleed more than a few days and had little bruising so it is not everybody who has those problems. :)
I must correct that - I had vaginoplasty also with the labiaplasty. So my healing time was extended and I was bleeding a bit more intense. Did your doctor schedule a 1 week checkup?
HI Trix, Yes, I met with him a week after and he said the the stitches were still there. I just couldn't see them because I was so swollen.
I had the labia/vaginoplasty 5 weeks ago. I had a hard time walking and everything for the first few days also. I am a single mom with 2 kids and had to go back to work in 4 days. I felt so much better by the end of the first week. After that, it's a little better every day. I am just now able to sit down comfortably though. I cringed every time I had to put cream, and was even scared that it was sewn together at one point because it was so swollen that I couldn't separate the labia. Not the case. It looks amazing now that all the swelling has gone. I am even back to normal activity like exercise now. What I advise, the first week I kept the area elevated as much as I could, kept it very clean changing a panty liner every hour or 2 and ate healthy. Just take it easy and you will be ok.
No stress this looks normal but maybe you can have it checked by your doctor. Are you icing the area well? You can't tell anything based on today because it is too soon. Within a couple weeks you will be able to see what the actual result will be. do not worry, and if you have lots of pain just ice the area and take some painkillers such as oxycontin because you shouldn't have so much pain after this kind of procedure. remember that pain is also mentaly... if you're all scared because of the look of your labia right now it will only make the pain worse for you. Take some valium just do not stress and keep it clean. Be strong
I know I will get through it but it hasn't been easy. To make it worse, a few of my stitches broke and now I'm bleeding very heavily. I have an appointment with Dr. G tomorrow so hopefully everything is okay.. *Thanks for the words of encouragement!
Omg I am so nervous for this procedure which is booked for 12 August. I am hoping it's still early days for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery .
Don't be nervous! It is really not worth it to be nervous for. You will see it is not as hard and scary as you expect. I am 5 days post op now under local anesthesia. No problem at all. I wish you good luck and keep it iced for a minimum of 4 days. Then keep it dry and clean. Try to walk inside your house because lying down all the time will not do any good for you recovery!! Do not walk to much. But do not stay off your feet all the time. Also the swellling can move towards your outer labia. That is normal too. Good luck again!
GIrl! I had it done 33 days ago and I'm finally able to get out and about! laser takes way longer to recover than the wedge technique...
I'm not having the wedge, only having the labia trimmed so hopefully my recovery is an easier one
Thanks for all the tips. Will definitely keep you all posted.
Actually that's really not true... you will recover a lot faster by using a laser instead of just cutting it off. I have done so much research and i am a nurse and see these procedures a lot. The old school cutting off method with a scalpel will give you not only more stitches but it is also a old method which they don't even do anymore within a couple years because of all the problems and the unnaturel look of it.
So interesting... That isn't what Dr. Alter told me, the wedge is 4 weeks. I guess it's who does the surgery... All I can tell is from person experience is laser has been hell for me. I'm just happy that I'm able to walk still recovering.. I'll post a new pic of day 34 on my profile so you can see my results as of today. :} if you are interested.
You'll be fine.. Its good that you're doing your research before your surgery so you know what to expect. ;) I went into this blindly thinking it would be a walk in the park and found that it was more problematic than I expected.