Total Disappointment! - Santa Monica, CA

I had a consultation by Dr Shamban @Santa Monica...

I had a consultation by Dr Shamban @Santa Monica Blvd Dec 2006 because "acne style" scars on my face from the old accident. I had done my homework very carefully so I was perfectly aware that only treatment what can actually help me was a traditional CO2 laser peel. I knew it was extremely strong procedure with a long down time but because most of the reviews were highly positive, I was willing to do it.

Dr Shamban had amazing skin so what ever she did to her face, she had a great method. I told her I was looking for a traditional CO2 laser treatment for my uneven face but surprisingly she was firmly against it. She said it's not as good what I was thinking and down time was extremely long so she recommended package of Fraxel treatment instead. Fraxel was a new laser treatment at the time and according to her, it was perfect solution for my scars. I was skeptical, very skeptical indeed but she was willing to perform CO2 with a cheap prize after Fraxel if needed so I was sold.

I went through THREE extremely PAINFUL Fraxel treatment with absolutely ZERO result. Needless to say I was pissed so I went to see Dr Ava Shamban again. When I checked in the office, her assistant told me "not to be scared" when I get the room because Dr Ava Shamban had CO2 laser treatment few days before. WTF... did she just say Dr Shamban had traditional CO2 treatment, very same treatment what I was asking in the first place? Oh boy... yes she did. Dr Shamban refused to do this extremely strong laser treatment for my scar face but however she - who had a perfect flawless skin at the time - went through this very same treatment herself. What a bummer... I felt like she tricked me and sold me a "worthless laser package".

I walked the room and oh yeah, her beautiful swollen face looked extremely red, burned and bloody. I was looking at her quietly and wondering: "Oh wow... is traditional CO2 laser "The Secret" behind her beautiful wrinkle free skin?". I guess it is, so I forced to put my thoughts together and started to express my disappointment. I told her that I would like to get CO2 treatment for the cheap price like she promised before but oh no, life is a full of surprises. Dr Shamban looked at me like I had a three head and soon she pointed out her own bloody face by asking: "is this what you want?" "Yes", I replied "that is exactly what I want if it makes my uneven skin look better". She wasn't in the same page so Dr Shamban refused to do CO2 treatment for me and recommended new Active FX instead. Wait a minute... do I sound like a broken record? Yes I do because I was stupid enough and followed her "so called" professional recommendation. I went through PAINFUL Active Fx laser treatment and guess what... ZERO result.

I put overall almost $7000 on the Dr Shamba's table with tremendous PAIN and pointless DOWN TIME, and when I finally checked out the before&after pics with Taya Pavlenko, who performed the procedures, we both noticed - NO RESULT whatsoever. Dr Shamban sold me a multiple worthless scar treatment instead The CO2 Effective One so it's clear to me she's only interested her own flawless skin and blooming business.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

This rating based on my unpleasant experience with Dr Shamban. I went through totally worthless, very painful treatment FOUR TIMES by her recommendation. Top of that Dr Shamban did a traditional CO2 laser peel herself AT THE SAME TIME 2007 even she refused to perform this "the most effective laser peel" for me. I didn't get help for my scars until I walked out of her fancy office and went to see another doctor. Thank god I did it because my result of CO2 peel is amazing. I truly felt Dr Shamban tricked me and took my money for nothing so not cool:(

Hi, you mentioned you saw another doctor who did the CO2 peel that was amazing, I was wondering if you could share that doctor's name- thanks so much :)

Thank you for posting your review.  Very sorry you had such a rough experience with this process.