Great Experience from Start to Finish - Santa Monica, CA

Hi all, I'm 31, 5'4", 115 lbs, and extremely...

Hi all, I'm 31, 5'4", 115 lbs, and extremely athletic. I've been thinking about BA since high school, and frequented this site a lot when making my decisions! I did a LOT of research, and even more soul searching about the why's of my desire (which I recommend for everyone. It's traumatic, surgery, and being clear about your reasons quells a lot of potential anxiety), so that when I finally walked into surgery, I was totally at peace.

I decided on 210 cc Sientra silicone implants, because I wanted something very subtle and natural. It would bring my A cup to a large B/small C. I chose Dr. Steven Teitelbaum in Santa Monica, and it was the best decision. He was always available to me. During the consult, he spent as much time with me as I wanted. Answered all my questions and never made me feel "dumb" for asking anything at all (this had been my experience with other surgeons). I was completely comfortable through out the whole consult. He even called a female nurse in to "chaperone" when I was topless during the consult, just to make sure no one was ever uneasy.

In the days following the consult, i had more questions, which I emailed to the surgical coordinator. She forwarded the email to Dr. Teitelbaum, and he wrote me personally, and encouraged me to come back in to talk things over in person if I desired. Again, never made me feel like I was being a bother or annoying. I did go back in two days before surgery to try different sizes, and he sat with me and talked me through the decision process, while leaving the final decision up to me. I felt totally comfortable going in to surgery, knowing he would take excellent care of me.

Both the OR nurse and the anesthesiologist have had BA by Dr. Teitelbaum. It was comforting to talk to them and hear their experience as well. Surgery went very well. I was in the office at 8 am, in surgery at 9 am, in recovery by 9:45, and home by 11:30 am. They already look amazing. I have next to no bruising, and my incisions are very small. The discomfort feels similar to a super strenuous workout. I'm a little fatigued, but otherwise, doing fantastic. Dr. Teitelbaum doesn't even give narcotics, because it's not necessary. Prescription strength ibuprofen, antibiotic, and benadryl to help me sleep, thats all. Haven't needed the benadryl at all.

Two days post-op now, and still feeling great. Sore, but nothing unbearable. Tired, but that's to be expected. I ran some errands this morning, and needed to come back and rest, that sort of thing… I'll try to add photos and keep you all updated on my progress. Already so thrilled I finally did this!

Day 3!

Still feeling great. Soreness continues to slowly dissipate. Yesterday I drove for the first time- short distance, of course, and felt fine running some errands, but definitely needed to come home and rest afterward. No kidding! I still have to remind myself-- it was SURGERY, after all! Still thrilled with how it's all going.

Torso still a little swollen, but I also got my period, so between that and the antibiotics messing with my flora, I'll give my "pooch" a pass! ;-)

Back to Work!

Hey everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving. I'm on day 12 post-op, and feeling amazing. I went back to work today-- I work as a server at a high volume (see: very physical) restaurant-- and felt great. My energy is back to normal and much of the swelling in my torso has disappeared since finishing the antibiotics. I was shocked at how good I felt walking and standing for 11 hours (yep) today, carrying drinks, plates, and trays.

There are still a few things I don't feel comfortable doing, but the sensation is mostly that I've done too many push ups, and feel sore from that.

Bruising is disappearing, and my breasts are getting softer every day. They're still fairly high, and more swollen at the end of the day, but all in all, AMAZING. Under clothes, no one suspects a thing. I've been wearing looser fitting tops, but even if I didn't, it wouldn't be obvious. Mostly looks like I'm wearing the world's most incredible push up bra.

I'm still looking forward to when they start to drop, but considering i'm not even two weeks out and have returned 100% to all my normal activities except for exercise, I'm beyond thrilled.

Will update with more photos soon. right now they pretty much look the same. Please feel free to ask questions! Happy to share my wonderful experience. :-)

Day 12 Photos

Better and better!

I continue to feel better and better. My breasts are getting more malleable by the day, and I'm loving how they look. This is two weeks post. Can't believe how amazing they look already. Still wishing I maybe went a little bigger, but trying to reserve judgement a little longer. Thoughts?

3 weeks post! Feeling great!

I can't believe it's only been three weeks! I'm feeling amazing, totally back to normal, and am allowed to exercise with no restrictions. It'll prob be a little while till I do a ton of push-ups, although I'm going to a yoga class tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Also, running isn't super comfortable, not for the impact but for the torso rotation, but considering I'm feeling so much better every day, I know this will feel more comfortable soon.

I'm loving my results- they are looking and feeling better all the time.

What else? I took a picture of my scar. Very thin, and my PS said it will fade and soften with time. May look darker before it gets lighter. But the position is perfect.

I went to Victoria's Secret the other day, and I sized at a 32D. That was a little surprising, but I think they are perfectly proportioned. Exactly what I wanted. They are still a little too high to know for sure how they'll be in a regular bra- right now in a sports bra it looks like I'm wearing a push up, but I'm having a lot of fun wearing wireless bralettes that I could never ever fill out before.

So happy. So very very happy.

Perspective

Hi all, here's the 3D sim of what I was going to look like. The image on the left is a photo of me before, and the right is what I will look like. So far, I'm pretty much right on track. :-)

First disappointment

Hey guys, posting a new pic- as the swelling went down, this small indentation has developed. It's because of the size of my chest cavity, coupled with my lean body mass, and it's always a risk, but since everything has gone so smoothly to this point, it's a little let down. My doc says we bed to wait a few more months before doing anything about it, and I think he's right- still just a few months post and they will continue to change for up to a year. Hoping that as they drop and flatten, this will go away. My friends have all said it's not a big deal, but of course when it's on your body, it's different!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Teitelbaum MADE this experience for me. I wouldn't have felt comfortable with anyone else. He answered all of my questions and never made me feel rushed. He even responded to my post-consult emails personally, and encouraged me to come back in to speak about my concerns in person. So far, I am thrilled with the experience and the results. I did not expect to feel this good, but as he said, "there's no reason why you should have to suffer." It's truly all about technique, and I'd recommend him to anyone. I am so thrilled I chose Dr. Teitelbaum. He's truly and artist, and a caring individual. He called me the night of my surgery and I could hear how delighted he was with both my result, and how great I felt. I'll continue to add more details as my girls "develop".

First... You picked a great size for your frame and lifestyle. I'm very similar to you, and I picked 250cc. I have the same concerns as you do too... When did you u first notice about that indentation in your breast? I totally get you... It is easy to say when you aren't the person that has it, and when we all went through surgery to look beautiful... I get it.
Thanks for the support. I first noticed the dent around the 3 month mark, I guess, and my doctor admitted to noticing it, too. He wanted to wait longer to do something about it, which I think is wise (who knows how they'll continue to settle), but it is definitely disappointing. I'm almost at 6 months now, and I *think* it's less noticeable, but if I move my pec in a certain way, it's, in my eyes, incredibly obvious... which was the exact thing I wanted to avoid! I'm seeing my doc again in a few weeks. Options would be a fat transfer, or re-positioning them. I hate to go through surgery AGAIN, but I can't have them looking fake. Disappointing, too, because the other one is PERFECT. When did you first notice the issue? Have you taken steps to do anything about it?
You look amazing! so funny how different ccs look so different on everybody! You look so natural. Congrats! Sounds like you healed pretty quickly and were back to normal. If you can be carrying heavy trays for 11 hours at day 11, hopefully, I'll be ok to be watching my lil one I nanny for after 10 days of recovery. Thanks for sharing girlie! Xo!
Your results have just solidified the fact that I want sub-300 cc implants. Thank you for posting :)
I am just starting researching also, just wondering what profile implant you got? I want to look as natural as possible and worry about implants being to high up and looking fake, but yours look great and I am a similar size to you, just less toned. :)
Hi there, I got mod profile Sientra, 210 cc. I "could" have gone bigger, but I'm glad I didn't. At this size, no one would suspect. As far as shape/movement/etc, I'm still waiting for it all to settle, but it has only been three months. I think that if you go mod profile, you should be fine. My breasts sat high before surgery (distance from nipple to collar bone), so I was really concerned about that, too. The longer I go post-surgery, the softer they should get. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much, that does help alot! I've had one consult and they said 350cc would get me back to my pre-pregnancy breasts, but after seeing yours I might go smaller if I can. If you don't mind, I might take your pic in to my next consult as my "wish" pic and see what size they think I would need to get there. :D
Just wanted to say congratulations.. you look incredible!! I am just starting BA research and we have very similar 'before' builds. One of my primary hesitancies has been whether it would be worth it and/or possible to get small implants that will give me a VERY natural-looking size and shape. Your pics give me so much hope! Do you know what the anticipated 'maintenance' is? I.e. - future revisions or replacements with age
Hi there-- thank you! I'm pretty happy-- but still looking forward to when they will fully "fall". It's only been 3 months, and so I know I have to be patient. The only thing I would advise is to be really specific with your doc about the WIDTH of your current breast. My left was a little smaller (normal), but that also meant it was a little NARROWER, and so there is a small dent on the inside edge where I feel like it's a little obvious. I'll try to post a picture of it. It's gotten better, but it won't go away completely, so I'll see how I feel about it in another 4 or 5 months. My biggest concern was that no one know. My friends say it's not obvious, but I'm a perfectionist… Re: maintenance, that's a question for your doc, but if there are no problems/drastic weight gain or loss, you should be good to go. the only thing i'd try for is something for that little dent, but it's too early to even know what i'd do. hope that helps!
Omg I LOVE them they go perfectly with your athletic body!
thank you!
Your results look great! I'm hoping for the same look. Have my appointment scheduled about a month from now but now I'm getting cold feet...too many what ifs going through my mind right now :/ I was wondering what type of workouts do you do? I've been doing the 30 day challenge from bodyrock.tv and lifting weights after and I'm wondering how much I'm going to have to modify my workouts when they finally give me the ok. What was your routine like when they gave you the ok to start working out? Also, do you ride horses? Just curious to know how uncomfortable it is to ride with the new girls?
Hi there- thank you! I'm really happy, and I know they will only look better and better. I hear you about the cold feet- I went through that, too. As far as workouts go, I'm very very active. Lots of strenuous yoga (i.e., lots of chest work, too) and plyometrics. You will have to modify AT FIRST, while the implants are settling. But athletes tend to heal a lot faster, so it might not be as long as you think. I'm just 4 weeks post and pretty much back to all my normal activities. I gave myself permission to take 3 full weeks off, to really let everything heal, and now I'm starting back up, being mindful of how I'm feeling. I'm not worried about messing them up or anything, there's just some things/angles that aren't 100% comfortable. Having gone through it, I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't sound like you're going crazy big- I actually think you'll be pretty shocked at how good you feel. As far as riding-- yes, I do ride horses. I haven't yet, but I will in the next week and will let you know how it goes. I'm going to wear a fairly supportive sports bra, and I anticipate it being no problem whatsoever. :-) …………Okay, here's my last thought on the cold feet: I really drove myself crazy, and here's how I got through it: The worries you have- are they things that could be assuaged by more time/research? If not, if they are the unknowns that will only be discovered by going through the experience ("How will they look on me? Will I like them?")? All the research in the world can't guarantee what your exact experience will be, so at the end of the day, I'd ask myself how I'd feel if I couldn't get them for some reason. Would I be disappointed? Relieved? Would I be able to stop thinking about it if I chose to wait/opt out? And if I keep coming back to wanting them, then I looked at my reasons, and focused on THEM, rather than all the worries. Because the worries won't actually do anything but spin our mind stress out of control. Figure out why you make your decision, and keep that in mind going through it. I hope that helps. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND, and I'm happy to discuss it more if you'd like. :-)
Thank you so much for your help! Yea my cold feet are the result of the unknowns, so I figured I should just live for today and try not to worry about what may happen tomorrow, or even weeks and yrs from now. So did you get a chance to ride yet? Oh!But I am worried about how fast I will recover. My doc said about 3-4 days off and I should be able to return back to work. I'm worried about how I'm going to feel physically because I'll be working 12's that weekend, and the doors that I have to open just to get to my desk are REALLY heavy.
I don't think you'll regret whatever decision you make. I'm certainly more glad about mine, every day. I did ride today, and it was totally, completely, 100 % fine. Total non-issue. Didn't even where a sports bra, just one of those little Cosabella lace bralettes. In fact, the only time i noticed anything at all was when I was grooming. There's one particular angle where i notice the implant in the way my pec muscles move. It's the same muscles one uses when pressing down on a pump bottle. Weird, i know, but wanted to tell you! It's not painful in any way, just a little weird feeling. Regarding recovery… What do you do? I went back to work at my restaurant 10 days post and, except for being unable to pump ketchup from the big pump bottle, was totally fine. Didn't do anything crazy, but was shocked at how good i felt. If you coordinate your surgery with a weekend, it'll give you more time off. Surgery on Wednesday, back to work Tuesday? You'll probably feel totally fine to go back on Monday. Bit fragile maybe, but nothing crazy.
Oh that is so good to hear! I've scheduled it for a tues...going in to work that sat :/ I work a desk job so nothing serious. I just am worried I will be to fatigued working that long
what did you decide to do?
I got them done last month. I'll be 5 weeks post op next tues :)
Any ideas for cardio and lifting? I haven't been given the ok to do my reg workouts so I've been bored to tears just walking on the treadmill
great! congrats!
you know, cardio is hard, but I was given the ok after 3 weeks (although I did NOT want to run). Have you tried any cardio-barre type workouts? They're low impact, and still get your heart rate up. I found a bunch on YouTube for free. :-) Re: lifting, you should be fine with anything except chest presses, unless of course it hurts.
No I haven't I'll have to check it out. Haven't worked my chest but I tried to do a lat pull down and felt my pecs grap my implants and lift them up so I quit that real quick lol. And I tried to do incline bicep curls and felt the outside part of my left breast burning. I've just been trying diff things to see what I can do and can't. Really hoping I'll be able to do pull ups etc and not feel like my pecs are going do whatever they want with my implants lol. I haven't gotten the ok to move past the treadmill yet...so I'm really hoping they tell me I can start running etc at my next appointment.
Yeah, I'd stay away from major moves like that for now, but you should be able to do rows-- maybe just at a super light weight? You'll figure it out. What's funny is that I took three weeks off completely after surgery and found I actually LOST weight. :-p
I love your result! I am same age, same height, and same weight as you! =) Do you mind posting a before BA pic. My doc said get 280cc for Full B. If our breast size are the same, 280cc might be too big. Thanks for your help!
Hi there-- I sort of forgot to take a good "before" photo, but i'll upload the 3D simulation of it all. My bra size before was 32A/B. My surgeon was confident I shouldn't go larger than 210 or 225 max (I went with 210). However, he (and any good surgeon) takes into account your breast width, shape, and current breast density when assessing size, so don't get too wrapped up in the number. 210 on me will look completely different on you. Best thing to do is play with the sizers and see where you feel comfortable. I'd wear the sizers around for a day, or even put them into a sports bra and do a bunch of range of movement so you get an idea of how much they'd "get in the way" (mine didn't, and don't at all). Hope that helps. Happy to talk about it some more if you like! I'll post a photo above. :-)