my journey to hair transplant

Hi, guys, I had my 2nd hair transplant with Dr....

Hi, guys, I had my 2nd hair transplant with Dr. Chang,--Natural Hair Transplant ---his base in sunny California. HOORAY! I DID IT AGAIN . My second visit to him and his gang of assistants. I live on the east coast. The trip to the west seems at first unrealistic. However, it turns out IT IS WORTH THE TRIP THIS SECOND TRIP. I will tell you why.

The following is a short chronological recount of my first trip--surgery 1. Although all these years I have used both oral and topical meds----finasteride orally and monoxidil topically counting at least 15 years plus. Both works internally and externally, but it simply slows the loss of hair. I noticed my hair line started to get more and more receding. As time goes by I got more down , I swim every day. it does help a little with a healthy circulation system for the whole body. But still I missed my hair.

I started doing some research for other alternatives--biotin ,multivitamin--none really do much.

I realized the ultimate solution is hair transplant. I has consultations with several doctors ,I just walked away feeling well not fully satisfied with my answered or unanswered questions. I even had a Skype consult with one doctor. I came off feeling undecided.

One day I spoke to a friend in California and he mentioned Dr. Chang. I looked him up on the web and did remember coming across an article on HT written by him. --virtually painless HT anesthesia-- while I was serving the web. I looked into his background, credentials and training , he has a long list of published articles, attended conference, I was quite impressed coming from a nurse. Oh I did not mention this earlier. I am a RN. The pics taken before/after of his patients only confirmed even more so that I was in the right hands. The month prior to the surgery , I was in constant contact with his office manager ,Jamie, who has great telephone manner, was informative, very knowledgeable about HT. I sent her pics, downloaded some tool to estimate what was to be done. Dr. Chang called me after looking at the pics. I asked more questions expressing my concerns. In addition ,his web site is very easy to navigate----it has description of his technique, explanation of the system he works with --the hair density estimate and not per graft as with other doctors. Read it in his web site ! --it does make a lot of sense. I had more questions , I called Jamie and she explained more and was always patient with me . All and all I did feel very comfortable with this decision. I just knew Dr. Chang is the GUY. And that is where we are now.

There is even a page for out of town patients. I stayed in 1 of the hotels listed--there was even free pick up to and from airport, hotel, and his office with this particular hotel. I guess pain is in a lot of men's mind and may be a deterrent to go through this procedure. I TELL YOU I DID NOT FEEL A THING .

I arrived at the office early so Dr .Chang evaluated me, took lots of pics. ( THE PICS HERE WERE TAKEN THAT MORNING OF THE SURGERY 2. IT SHOWS BEFORE FROM MY SURGERY 1 AND AFTER NOW ALMOST 1 YEAR PLUS APART ). continued-- he listened to what I thought I wanted done, and talked to me about what his thoughts were. I was then prepped. The procedure was done with mild sedation. I knew I was being worked on during the whole time but was incredibly relaxed. Dr. Chang even had a library of dvds, music collection at your disposal in the operation room ---a wonderful form of distraction. The room is immaculate. The staff were keeping me updated on what stage I was at, what was coming next. I was totally at ease throughout. I was even served a light lunch in between.

By the end of the surgery, I did not feel drowsy , in fact very much myself after all that work. I was sat down, explained the post op care--DOs and DONTs. Was also given Dr. Chang " cell in case I had any concerns. The office called me a car service and brought me back to my hotel. I even felt up to going to the nearby Huntington beach for a walk. I was, of course, wearing a cap. The next day was my day flying back home. The office even checked in on me on the next day. Who says no pain no gain? I SAY NO PAIN YES GAIN.

Welcome to the community and thank you so much for sharing your journey with us! Research really does pay off. I love that the doctor made you feel so comfortable and music is great for relaxation. How long was the procedure from start to finish?

my journey to hair transplant in sunny Southern Californinia, Newport Beach

Well now is close to 2 weeks post off. the dried scalps are falling off slowly as i was well informed way ahead of time. no more itch ,just a little dry, i have been using the bacitracin Dr.Chang gave me everyday on the incision site where my hair was taken from back of my head. i asked my nurse friend to chk in on it today, no s/s of infection. i have been following his instruction as written on the post op papers regarding what to do and not to do activities. and so far so good. will keep u posted . one correction though: my doc is in Newport Beach , California, although the plane took me to santa ana airport.

feeling great so far

also, forget to mention. can go back to my favorite activity--swimming tomorrow or friday.
Hey there, how is your growth coming along, would love an update. Also, can you confirm what method of HT you had, FUE or FUT? Thanks!
transplant of transfer of hair on back of head to top and front. transplant by density not as per graft. Dr Chand did a terrifice job
it takes from morning when i got there, approximately 5--7 hrs. time well vested though
DR. STEVEN C. CHANG

Great personality, bedside manner, patient, and Great Work--it is an art + science. Dr. Steven C. Chang nails it.