73 Yr Old Happy with Results - Santa Ana, CA

I was one who said I would NEVER have a face lift....

I was one who said I would NEVER have a face lift. However, when I saw our vacation pictures in May,with my profile with 3 turkey necks and jowls and droopy eye lids, I decided I needed to try the lift style lift. I talked to 2 gals that were very pleased with their results. My husband and I went for our free consultation and Maru was wonderful with her explanation of the procedures and the costs. Then she introduced us to Dr. Lee. We were most impressed with his confidence and he assured me I would be so happy with the results. My closest girlfriends were all very apprehensive, but when they saw my results, they all agreed I looked so rested, natural and years younger. My husband was telling me daily how good I looked. That really made me happy. Friends that don't know about my procedure have been telling me how great I look. I just smile and thank them. I would highly recommend Dr. Raymond Lee to anyone contemplating a wonderful procedure with very little down time and the best part is that you are not put under which is very risky. I am the happiest 73 yr old I know. Thanks to Dr. Lee

Santa Ana Facial Plastic Surgeon

T.V. ads and Newspaper and Magazine ads. I talked to 2 gals that were very pleased with their results. My husband and I went for our free consultation and Maru was wonderful with her explanation of the procedures and the costs. Then she introduced us to Dr. Lee. We were most impressed with his confidence and he assured me I would be so happy with the results.

I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience with Dr. Lee and your LSL. My girlfriend and I are scheduled to have Dr. Lee do our LSL in mid June and are, of course, very nervous about all the negative reviews from people all over the country. Having looked into Dr. Lee's background, and reviewing his track record, we feel he will provide the best results for our needs. Wish us luck!
Keep in mind that some of the negative reviews might be the same person posting over and over. Also, please have realistic expectations and bruising, swelling, pain etc - it is, after all, surgery. You will heal faster if you follow the post-op instructions, rest a lot, and try to sleep elevated (like in a recliner). You will make it through the healing and then you will enjoy your results! Best wishes!
You look wonderful! I'm so happy for you
Thank you! I feel 100 % better and am so happy that I had the procedure done!
You look wonderful, glad you had a great experience!
I'm glad,too, but wonder how you accomplished having that "great experience"; most former patients have AWFUL experiences with LSL. Are you just lucky, and, if so, please try to spread that luck among all of us who have scarred faces, results that don't last, serious post- op infections,,etc.
PS: we also have doctors and other staff of LSL who routinely disregard our serious complaints, telling us we are all wrong...that we "look great", despite concerned friends, family, and ETHICAL physicians comments to the contrary. How bout a little 'truth in advertising' from LSL??
It is TRUE there are a lot of success stories - mine was a success story 2 years ago at Burlington,MA with a doctor who was really badmouthed.by one person in particular. It did give me some doubts, and I checked further. While her complaints may have been legitimate, no one knows another's circumstances or situation. When my husband & I did meet the doctor, I felt much more comfortable. My husband & I agreed on his expertise. I was 77 at the time, and altho my husband did not think it necessary for me:*, he respected my desire. He took care of me without complaint (there is a lot to do after the procedure) but healed well. So much depends upon the expertise of the doctor, and your own ability to heal well.
Thanks for sharing your view :-) I had doubts beforehand too, but afterward I was so happy. My husband helped me with recovery to and I agree there is a lot to do! And you are right that so much depends on the individual and the doctor's ability.
What do you meana by "a lot to do after the surgery??" I have a night class in front of 20 adults just 3 nights after the LSL. I already told my teacher I will sit in back and look like a mummy. But--9 days after the "procedure" I have a big graduation and party. Do you think I will look at least "OK" for that and for a convention a couple days after that? I will be 75 2 weeks after the surgery.
by lots to do I mean putting ice bags many times a day for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, clean incision lines and put ointment three times a day, REST lots to reduce swelling. You will still be wearing the jaw bra (compression wrap) 24 hours a day until the stitches come out - maybe you can get away with removing it for your graduation - check with your surgeon. I went to my family Christmas party 11 days after surgery and they didn't even know I had surgery done. I used mineral powder for makeup and was a little red from the laser still, but the LSL incision lines were completely hidden by my hair (incisions are both in front of and behind the ears, and one under the chin that no one saw because my stitches were out. Everyone heals at different speeds, but ICE and REST will go a long way. Plan to sleep in a recliner if at all possible to reduce swelling. Send me your e-mail and I will send you my post-op photos
I am almost your same age and am so glad "we" look forward to a long future---some would say, "Why do it now --at our age?" I am starting to heal---(I hope I continue to heal---have not even looked at the scars yet.-but-except for the severe pain of laser ---just last part of it--on forehead-my entire "procedure" went very well and very little pain. I am cleansing as directed and not taking the pain pills, only the anti-biotics, and husband says I should skip those too and just take my herbal supplements we use at our house. Good for you. Keep up the good work!! People must think you look a whole lot younger than your posted age.
I wondered if I was doing it too young, but I'm glad I did it now in my early 50's - I can enjoy the results for more years, and probably the healing gets harder as you get older. and yes - many people are surprised when they find out my age (I never lie about it) because I am more active than many - part of why I wanted my face to match my energy level and lifestyle! Please don't stop taking the anti-biotics - they will prevent staph infection in your skin, something I doubt any herbs will prevent. I heard an awful story about a lady who let her dogs lick her face while she was healing and she got a nasty staph infection - took weeks for it to clear up. But you can get staph from anywhere - not just dogs! I also did not need the pain pills for more than a day or two and really only took them to help me sleep.
Good for you - happy for you!
wow, I see a big difference in your photos. Congratulations!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Gailmail see - you DO suggest that every good review is suspicious - same thing with :Glad I did it" in Phoenix. That is what I was referring to in my reply to you on my own review - you suggest that every good review is suspicious, but you never consider that any bad review could be suspicious. I am sorry for what happened to you and that it has made you so upset. I can imagine how frustrating it is to you to have been harmed instead of helped, and to have paid good money for it too. But please understand that some of us really and truly had a different and better experience. "Doing your homework" means seeing all sides of an issue, not just one side. I understand that my good experience does not mean that everyone has a good experience. I hope you can understand that your terrible experience does not mean that no one has a good one, and that the good reviews are all suspicious. Please read this post twice and really think about what I am saying instead of just repeating yourself.