Results Beyond My Wildest Expectations

I had a full face lift. My physician is...

I had a full face lift. My physician is board-certified for everything with many years of experience. Mind this was not a mini-lift nor lifestyle lift. I spent 1 night in the hospital to keep ice down, and I came home looking like I'd been to a relaxng spa. No bruising and very minimal swelling. I had minimal pain around my ears on day 1, but that's it! The photos are Day 4, and the stitches are still in .

Before Facelift

Day 6 Photo

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I will never go to anyone else!

Thanks for encouraging words! I'm trying to stay pretty positive! How your healing from a facelift? Probably easier than a tt or bl? Lol
Facelift healing was a breeze. There was no bruising and mine was almost painless except behind the ears. I was in public within a few days.
How do your scars look? If I have a facelift I would be worried about the scars in front of and behind my ears remaining red for a long time thereby telling the world that I had a facelift. This (plus my husband not being on board with it) is making me have doubts about doing it. However, when I start obsessing about my face the same way as I obsessed about my blubber belly I'll probably do it no matter what. Actually I'm probably obsessing about it already as I seem to be spending a LOT of time on real self checking out facelift results!!
I will take fresh pictures of my scars soon, when I last posted, there was no change. With my facelift, I never had any scarring at all in front of my ears or around my earlobes either. It was remarkable!! The only scarring, which is now almost gone, is behind my ears, and a tad along the back of my hairline, but almost faded away too. Unlike many surgeons, mine doesn't cut under the chin at all either. I have a friend whose worse scar was right under her chin.
You know, I clicked on your comment, and I thought you were asking about my TT scars, and I said I'd take fresh pictures. I don't have any face scars to take pictures of ... lol! But, I am uploading a TT scar comparison today.
That's amazing that you never had any scarring in from of your ears or around your earlobes. Sounds like my kind of surgeon!! It's also great that you didn't need an incision under your chin. You were very, very lucky!!
wow, that's amazing recovery! I'm poking around RS now for facelift results cuz I'm thinking about it these days :) your TT and facelift have great results!!
Thank you!! I know how that goes! I poked around here first, and it didn't take much poking before I knew I couldn't resist doing my facelift and TT. I feel so much more confident and happy in my new skin :-)
This is fantastic. I've never seen anything like this as far as lack of bruising/swelling. You look so great! Wow!!
Hi Andystrad, I was so surprised too. My doctor told me I shouldn't have bruising, but I didn't believe him... lol!
You must really heal fast!! Great result!! How are your scars around your ears? I've heard great things about your doctor.
I have no scars in front at all, and none around my earlobes at all. The ones behind my ears aren't visible as they are so close. Dr. Z does doesn't cut under the chin, as many doctors do. Instead he does an incision around the back of your hairline, and so hair in back grows back there and hides them, and they are mostly faded anyway. However, if I wore a tight pony tail, you might still see the ones in back, so just don't wear my hair in a pony tails... lol!
Thanks. I appreciate your review. You look fabulous!!
This sounds amazing!! This gives me hope that perhaps I can get it done without any visible evidence!
Blubberbelly No More, look at my review, no scars at all, front or back :)
Wow i just saw your review on your face lift. No pain??? did you also have the neck lift? I was in great pain after the facelift??? Mostly my neck, it felt like someone had placed cardboard under my skin. I didn't have bruising either which I thought was weird since I am one that bruises easy. I was out and about with in a week and if you didn't know me before you could not tell...but that's great that you didn't have any pain. Hope your tummy tuck is the same!!!
Yes, I had my neck done. My ps explained the neck is part of the full facelift. You are right, it felt like cardboard around my neck, but it wasn't painful, just real tight. At this point, it still feels tight, but I so used to it that I like the tightness, and wouldn't want it to feel otherwise. My only pain was behind my ears, but minimum.
Wow you look great! A face lift is on my to do list. I had a TT four months ago and I love it, but I keep looking in the mirror at my face and thinking it needs to be next!
I'm giving myself four years and then the facelift!! I love that....on my list!
You look so great that now I'm thinking maybe I should have a face lift??? I could definitely use one to match my new tummy after I've had my second tummy tuck in May.
Thank you. I am very pleased with the facelift. I figured I'd start with the top of me, which is the part of me that I couldn't hide... lol! Now, I am moving south :-) I had the full facelift, which includes the neck. I checked around on mini-facelifts, but they were expensive too, and I heard they may not last. I did not have the forehead lift but I hide that behind bangs.
Wow! Nice after shot. Looks 20 yrs younger. I am planning to have the same surgery here in Walnut Creek, CA. Any suggestions for me???
Netalia, my advise is relax and enjoy the results! From my experience, it was relatively painless, some discomfort behind the ears was all I had. As the nerves regenerated, I experienced some normal itching or strange shooting feelings, but all normal. At this point, I have almost all normal feeling back, but occasional tingling which is no problem at all! I had practically no bruising and the incision under and in front of my ears wear easy to hide with my hair, so I was proudly in public within 3 days afterwards, but on RealSelf, it seems to vary per individual. Look forward to seeing the new you!
PS: Remember, lie flat or slightly elevated the first few days!! I think that is another reason I had no visible bruising, as the bruising (blood) actually ran down the back of by neck. Sleep on your back as many weeks as possible, I had to prop pillows on both sides of my head so I would roll over on the side of my face.
oops, I meant to write "so I would NOT roll on the side of my face". Hope this helps!