51 and Look 21 - San Francisco, CA

I am in menopause and was just beyond frustrated...

I am in menopause and was just beyond frustrated with the 10 pounds that I could not take off due to hormones. I tried every diet and exercised like a maniac. I needed the "head to toe" liposuction (abs, flanks, thighs inner and outer and arms) and I am so glad I did.

Before my surgery my MD sent me a packet of...

Before my surgery my MD sent me a packet of information that was sooo helpful. It described the exact swelling I would have with timelines, and even a mood timeline that described how my moods would be affected by the swelling and how my moods would get better as the swelling abated at about 1 month. He leaves you with no illusions or questions which is super helpful. But when you do have a question he and his staff are there to comfort you and answer your questions.

On day three we removed my garments for the first time and I was tiny. Not only was I tiny and my rear view was gorgous, but my skin on my normally cellulite ridden thighs looked as smooth as glass. I'm 51 years old and had cellulite on the back of my thighs and bottom, and that cellulite is GONE. My MD uses endermologie during the liposuction surgery which is a cellulite treatment that he uses as a standard treatment during liposuction to deliver the best possible results. I really was in shock, in a good way when I saw my photos yesterday because they look so great and will only get better!

I had 3000 + cc's of fat removed from all areas. Not sure how much more but my girlfriend said he filled one 3000 cc canister and went into a second one! That also made me happy because I asked him to be aggressive since I cannot really say my weight is stable in menopause.

It was not until day 4 that I began to swell (which he made very clear would happen). I swelled up alot between day 4 and day 7 and now each day since then my swelling reduces slightly. I think patience is tantamount to having a good experience. You must realize that your swelling will go down but it's different for everyone. The Bromelain and arnica tablets, morning and evening vitamins and arnica cream that were in my kit and included in my surgery cost, are really helpful. I have very little bruising and what little bruising I did have is going away super fast.

Be very careful when you remove your garments for the first time, I passed out and my husband wasn't home so I ended up taking a trip to the emergency room by amubulance. Apparently it's very common to pass out so have someone with you when you remove the garments. My dizziness did not go away until after 8 days post op. I also had contracted pancreatitis which the emergency room diagnosed and helped me deal with.

Next week I have my stitches removed and begin lymphatic massage. My doctor includes one lymphatic massage and one microdermabrasion for free with the cost of the surgery...so I'm excited! I will be 2.5 weeks post op which is really long to wait to have stitches removed, but because I'm so sensitive and pass out when I'm in pain I wanted to wait until my skin was a little less sensitive. What I like about my doctor is that he makes himself available daily if I have questions, and he let me know that everything I'm experiencing is normal. Not everyone passes out, and not everyone experiences pain the way I do, but I'm not that unusual, I am normal, and that was nice to know.

Yesterday I put on my red skinny pants that I hadn't been able to zip before the surgery and they fit like a glove. I even put them on over my garment which adds extra girth.

About the compression garments. If you order Vedette garments you will be very happy with the look and construction, but they run 1 to 2 sizes small. I had to return my medium which was one size up from where their sizing charts said I needed to be, and ordered a large which fits perfectly. I found my Vedette on ebay for 1/2 of the store price through the Vedette Outlet. If anyone wants me to post photos in my garment to see what I'm wearing I'm happy to do so. I had to buy a garment with sleeves since I had my arms done, but it's actually a really attractive garment and doesn't look like heavy hardware like alot of the garments out there. You cannot see it under clothes and they fit like a second skin. The hook and eye closure takes a few minutes but other than that they are terrific.

Merana compression garments are more expensive but the F-5 certified fabric is really soft so if you are itching or your skin hurts this might be the best garment at first. I've heard alot of folks say their doctors did not recommend a garment, but that seems a bit crazy. The garment not only helps you recover, holds you in, but actually makes it easier to sit down if you have your thighs lipo'd.

I will update every week or so until one month then I'll do monthly updates. But I am already absolutely certain that I'm happy with my results.

I had lymphatic massage two days ago and again I'm...

I had lymphatic massage two days ago and again I'm shrinking. Even my compression garments are loose in my upper abdomenal area now. I'll post updated photos soon! Tomorrow is the end of week 3 post surgery. Very excited about my results.

I'm adding photos even though there isn't a huge...

I'm adding photos even though there isn't a huge improvement from day 12. I am still swollen and numb on my hips, pelvis, inner thighs and lower abdomen with significant swelling still there. IN one week, at one month I'll re-photo. These photos were taken a little closer so it's hard to see the drop in size...anyway I'm still thrilled with my results. Also, I got on teh scales and I weighed only 1 pound less than before my surgery so I was kind of depressed about that, but my shape is totally different and that's what I was hoping for!

It's May 15th, I waited longer than anticipated to...

It's May 15th, I waited longer than anticipated to update my file due to some swelling on and off. I wanted to show you the true results. It's been 5 months and I could not be more thrilled.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

His OR nurse who is a friend and works for several plastic surgeons, recommended him! And thank GOD she did. I am 12 days out from my surgery and already see amazing results. I'm now a 51 year old with a 21 year old body...I have LESS cellulite than I did before the liposuction because as a part of the surgery he includes endermologie. None of the other MD's I received quotes from include endermologie cellulite removal. He's not just a doctor, he's a miracle worker. I had upper arms, inner and outer thighs, abs, flanks and everything in between. I call it "the head to toe" liposuction. He goes the extra mile and he is so available for any questions or concerns. He even texted me on Christmas to make sure I was ok. NOW that's really unusual and wonderful. The other great gift this doctor gives his patients is peace of mind. He is so committed to excellence and a great result that if you are not happy or if you don't heal evenly you can go back in for free (except for the anesthesia) and get a revision. So there really is nothing to worry about. Also his anesthesiologist is absolutely fantastic. Dr. Gaynor was very personable and really listened to what was going on with me after the surgery. He made sure I was feeling NO pain and they allowed me to stay for over 4 hours in recovery before my hour long ride home. A more professional team I've never met!

kate - you look incredible. you don't have a thing to worry about. Be Grateful you turned out so lovely.
You look stunning. I must say that the before photos look great, too, but I understand you wanted a perfect body. It looks great an I am sure everyone here agrees, not just for a 50-year old. Congrats!
you look great. do you have any before pictures you can post? will you tyell us your height and what you weighed before and after. Thanks
Nice!
This has been the best review by far! You look amazing! My surgery date is June 15th.
I am super excited! I'm having my abs, flanks, inner and outer thighs lipo'd. Send a pic of the compression garment you suggest. (tonyatalia@gmail.com)
ahh ok thx

Wow, even in your before photos I'd never believe that you are 51!! Great results too.

Thanks I'll be taking more soon! I'm alot thinner now!

Congrats!

Wow all I can say is amazing results!!
Wow he did a fabulous job!
Thank you! I intended to take more post op photos now that I'm 3 months out, and you won't believe the resuts. I will post new photos in the next week or so.
The make a tiny incision near the elbow and go up under the arms to get that fat that hangs when you hold your arms out. I have light scarring that is slowly fading away. I don't think anyone would notice it. I haven't done some of the advised vitamin e or Maderma treatment/creams yet as I'm still wearing compression garments. But I will begin this week putting cream on which makes the almost unnoticeable scars fade. My doctor used areas where there were folds in the skin or that are normally not visible to insert the cannula so I have very little in terms of scars...but my results are sooooooooooooo good! I will post new photos in a week or so.
@ Kate how is the Lipo on the arms do u scar how is it done
My results have been terrific. For the first week you cannot even look at your body because about 24 hours after surgery you will swell up, sometimes even larger than you were before surgery. But then from day 7 on you will begin to shrink, and shrink, and shrink, and shrink. It's the strangest thing. I can fit my arms in jackets that I haven't been able to get on for years (and all of my other skinny clothes fit because I got lipoed all over my body) but the scales don't show much weight loss. Maybe a pound or two.

So you should go for it in my opinion and get it all done at once.
Hi iam going for tummy tuk an Lipo of waist iam also considering Lipo on arms because I don't wana b skinny with fat arms lol how was ur prizes of Lipo on arms do u have scars is it painfull did u see difference right away
Wow you must still be sore! I just stopped taking my pain medication. I had lymphatic massage two days ago and I've had a sudden reduction in size again around my waistline! It really helps alot to have the lymphatic massage and contrary to what people have said it's not painful.
Congrats! You look great! I just had mine on Dec 27.
Tumescent. I had good old fashioned lipo!
What kind of liposuction did you have? Laser? Vaser? Tumescent?
You look great!!!!!

Wow! What a difference. Great results and your arms look amazing. Happy New Year to you!