Lip Lift: Still Healing, but Very Pleased - San Francisco, CA

Dr. Evan Ransom was the obvious choice to perform...

Dr. Evan Ransom was the obvious choice to perform my lip reduction. My process for choosing the right plastic surgeon involved viewing numerous websites for doctor's who performed lip procedures of all kinds- even cleft lip repair. When I happened upon Dr. Ransom's website, his work in transforming the faces of children was incredible! Such intricate facial surgery requires not only skill, but artistry. I am very pleased with my lip lift, and recommend him highly. Also, I have to say that the office manager Dee, is one of the nicest people you will ever meet! They both create an atmosphere of professionalism with a distinctive warmth.

Just wanted to share my experience...

I am new to the forum, but in the process of healing from my procedure and have revisited the site on many occasions. I am still healing and my scar is currently undergoing kenolog injections and Biocorneum scar cream. Writing reviews is not something I usually do, but was really happy with my procedure and wanted to share. So give me a break...I am a newbie!

Had Lip lift and Lip reduction, Botox and Radiesse

I have had multiple procedures from Dr. Ransom, but only commented on the lip lift which was $3,000, but my lip reduction (which I love) was $1,500. I should also mention that I received a 10% discount because I am a community service worker. Just wanted to clarify the pricing I originally posted.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I was originally interested in having a linear scar removed on the left side of my nostril from a biking accident. I had not heard of a lip lift, but upon reviewing sites for scar reduction, I came across Dr. Ransom and reviewed his work with cleft lips. My reasoning was that a doctor who performs this type of reconstructive surgery would possess a greater knowledge of facial features (particularly the mouth and nose area) and/or perhaps a greater level of artistic vision. I scheduled an appointment with him to discuss scar revision as well as a lip reduction. He explained the limitations of scar revision for my particular scar and suggested a lip lift that would reduce the length of my scar and the space between my lips and nose. Overall, I am pleased with the lift in the midsection of my lip, but in hindsight would have discussed Dr. Ransom removing a bit more on the sides. My healing process has been up and down, and am in active remediation of my scar (which is a bit raised). Hopefully, my next kenolog injection will reduce some of the lumpiness in areas and detract a bit more from the original scar I wanted removed. I do know that the healing process requires patience, and I have loads...But, I periodically review pictures of other scars with similar procedures, and often question my decision to reduce the appearance of one small scar, only to have another spread across my face. I am remaining positive though, because I do believe I made a good decision choosing Dr. Ransom.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

It is not my intention to sound like a "planted review." I am still healing and currently undergoing kenolog injections and biocorneum treatments to reduce the scar. I am new to this forum and do not usually write recommendations, but was really pleased with Dr. Ransom and Dee and thought this was a good time to share my experience with others.
Hi there,

Welcome and thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as why you had the surgery, tips for getting good results, pros/cons, information on the recovery/pain/downtime and before & after photos - our team can add your story to the main community.

As the community manager, I'm asked all the time to keep encouraging people to share more details, which is so helpful for others considering these procedures. So please accept this as a well-intentioned request from thousands.
Thanks Sheila for the suggestions. This was my first time posting to the forum even though it was the vehicle I used to choose Dr. Ransom. I really did not expect to receive such a negative reception from IceCapadesQueen, but this is my first experience with social media and apparently did not 'make the cut.'
You're doing just fine, T.C.! Some folks have been on the site forever and assume that everyone knows how it all works and should be done. I really appreciate your sharing on RealSelf. What bothered you about your upper lip that you felt it needed lifting?
Thanks Angie:) See my response dated 4/25.