I Wish I Had Done This Sooner - San Francisco, CA

Embarrassment and discomfort. Those were the words...

Embarrassment and discomfort. Those were the words always associated with my extended, flappy labia. I was embarrassed in locker rooms, uncomfortable in clothes, and self-conscious with men. Every boyfriend I had, always commented on them. They thought their comments were "cute" -- I was mortified. When a girl gets undressed she shouldn't have something flapping between her legs, right? Although I knew that this was a normal genetic variation, I FELT abnormal. I felt this all through my 20s and my 30s. I felt this through my marriage and I felt this through my divorce. Suddenly, in my early 40s there was a prospect of getting naked once again with a new man and having to deal with my monster labia yet again.

Now this on top of greying hair and wrinkles and less-than-perky breasts? So I did my research on labiaplasty, and picked a doctor. I felt comfortable with my choice from the very beginning. First of all, just like I never liked going to male gynecologists, I preferred (strongly) a female physician for this surgery. This may not be a deciding factor for you, but for me it mattered. Second of all, Dr. R's credentials and recommendations were excellent. And, frankly, when all is said and done I hit the jackpot with her!

The experience was fantastic, from first consultation, the pre-operative instructions given, to the surgery itself and post-op follow-up. The discomfort was minimal. Ice and tylenol was all I needed for a couple of days. Then a topical antiseptic cream. Within 2 weeks most of the swelling was gone. By week 4 you could barely see the sutures. Now, a couple of months later the results are stellar! Why had I waited so long? My confidence level has skyrocketed. I look pretty down there, and I actually enjoy getting undressed now. In front of the mirror, mind you ;-) Can't wait to have a new man in my life now.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

my labia is large im sure that my husband and ex bf did not like that. so my sex relation with them is not and was not as well as otheres.
may u help me

I'm glad you did this for yourself. It sounds like it was well worth it! I hope you get your new man soon and can enjoy the fruits of your efforts. :0)