Liking the Results So Far - San Francisco, CA

The deep lines around my nose and mouth were...

The deep lines around my nose and mouth were driving me crazy for the past couple of years. I decided for my 52nd birthday to treat myself to some Juvaderm and Botox. I did a bunch of research and found a skin clinic in San Francisco with excellent reviews. I was pretty nervous when I went in-both about the pain and the outcome. I did have to ask the nurse who was administering the product twice what the pricing was before she injected me. I did not want any surprises when it came time to pay the bill. She looked gorgeous and said she does her own injections on herself.

It was almost completely painless. I was surprised how quick and easy. The price also was very reasonable. She ended up charging me about $500 for the Juvaderm and $225 for Botox to take care of the "11" on my forehead.

I had a little swelling at the injection sites for the Juvaderm which is subsiding, I still have two small "marble" sized areas below the corners of my mouth which are getting better and I hope will go away pretty soon. Other than that, no bruising at all.

I love the way I look in the mirror and don't feel the need to hide my forehead with bangs or use clever makeup tricks to lessen my facial lines. It's fun to watch the Botox start working more every day. This is only day 2. I hope both procedures will last a while.

I'm glad I read the reviews on this site beforehand as it gave me some things to watch out for.

The before and afters are a bit unclear, but it really looks like you got some nice results! I can see why you are pleased. :) The marble sized areas below the corners of the mouth, is that from where the Juvederm was placed to try to correct a little bit of marionette lines? It seems like that is a somewhat common thing, and I'm curious why.

Yes, the small marbles are where I was injected with juvaderm. I was also injected higher up above the upper lip on each side and that didn't happen in those areas. The juvaderm site does mention that those marble areas can happen and should disappear after a week or two. They have started to reduce a bit.

Its good to hear they are reducing. Please keep us posted if they pretty much go away, or if you continue to see them after the 2 week period. I'll definitely be curious to hear what you are seeing!  :)

I think the marbles near my mouth are going to be...

I think the marbles near my mouth are going to be around a while. They reduced a bit after the initial swelling, but it's day 10 and they are still there to pretty much the same extent. I think next time, I may not have her inject in that area or perhaps just use a smaller amount there.
Can they use less than 1 syringe and save the rest for you? Has anyone ever done that?

Yes they can save part of the syringe in their frig for next time. They did it to me with the third one that day even though i thought they just wanted to get me back for the after photos. It was a good idea cause he added a little more under my eyes n it was perfect.

The swelling is gone from the juvaderm injection...

The swelling is gone from the juvaderm injection sites, but I still have two small marble sized areas below the corners of my mouth where I had lines. I am not that worried about them as they will go away once the juvaderm wears away. I will make sure next time to have her inject just a small amount in that area. I think she might have injected to close to the skin surface perhaps. I do not have this along the "marionette line" area. I'm not going to go to the trouble and expense of using the stuff to dissolve it, as it's not that bad.
When I go in mid May to get another botox injection, I will show her these areas so we can take precautions next time.
So far, everything is holding up beautifully!

sorry but ur pics are so small its hard to tell your before and afters..we can barely see the results....
Ageless Beauty Skin Clinic

Found them on Yelp-lots of excellent reviews