Filler Revision

I had a consultation with Dr. Lynn Chiu-Collins a...

I had a consultation with Dr. Lynn Chiu-Collins a couple of months back and trusted her aesthetic eye at the time but wanted to save money so I went to a medspa for tear trough fillers. It was a mistake! She used Juvederm under my eyes which left a blue hue, and she also did not apply the same amount on one eye as she did the other which not only left me with one lifted side and one hollow, but it also left me with more filler on my nasal area than under my eyes. It was actually a pretty traumatizing experience as I had never had any type of filler or surgery before in my life, and if you can't guess (since i'm getting fillers) my vanity was at stake!

I went to Dr. Chiu-Collins to have her view what had happened and give her professional opinion of where I should go from here. She used hyaluronidase to remove it but she gave me the option to try and revise it with fillers as well. I asked her for time to think about it before I made a decision because I knew I would be entering my NYE and Xmas with these results. I went ahead with the removal of the fillers and I'm so happy I did. Afterwards, she made the suggestion to instead of focusing the filler on my tear trough area, to first focus on the cheeks which will help to highlight my eyes more and might keep me from needing the under eye fillers at all.

I appreciate Dr. Chiu-Collins professional opinion and demeanor and although I spent a lot of money making the mistake I made, I am so thankful that I can go back to her and trust my face in her hands. If I could make a recommendation it would be to NOT go to a medspa for such a special procedure. Trust the professionals and make sure you consult with them and feel comfortable with what they have to offer.

Oh and side note - If I do have any tear trough filler put in she will be using Belotero which does not have the "blueish" effect and she raves on about as an under eye filler. I will be sure to write a review if this is the direction I decide to go!
Dr. Lynn Chiu-Collins

Very professional, and pleasant.