Very Happy with Rhinoplasty - Changes Subtle, but Look is Way Better - San Francisco, CA

I'd wanted for years to narrow and straighten...

I'd wanted for years to narrow and straighten a wide, "pug nose" tip. I was almost 40 by then, so you'd think I'd have accepted my nose, but I'm honestly SO glad I finally did it.

Some of you in the community asked me to give a...

Some of you in the community asked me to give a few more details about my nose job. The bridge and dorsum of my nose was fine - appropriate width, no odd bumps or anything. It was really just the wide, bulbous tip that bugged me. It was cute as a kid but the older I got I felt like I could just feel it spreading ever wider across my face, particularly when I smiled.
I had some really stubborn cartilage that kept wanting to round out in a bulbous form vs more of a femininely petite, ski-slope like angle from top to tip. I definitely thought it was worth it and would do it again. Healing was pretty easy for me - it just takes time and I didn't have much bruising, just swelling & it was tough to breathe the 1st 2 days because I had packing in. I was good about keeping my splint on for 1 week and not wearing sunglasses (no pressure wanted on the bridge of the nose) for at least 2-3 wks. I think this helped my outcome.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mac did my nose job 4 yrs ago - which I'd wanted for years to narrow and straighten a wide, "pug nose" tip. I'm honestly SO glad I finally did it. Dr. Mac is definitely a nose expert, inside & out, because he is a facial plastic & reconstructive surgeon. Not only was he warm and gentle in his demeanor but extremely knowledgeable and technical yet also artistic like a sculptor. He listened carefully to my goals and told me exactly how he'd achieve them in surgery. He showed me tons of B&A patient rhinoplasty photos, but most importantly was able to find one with a nose that looked much like mine. He was definitely the right surgeon for me! I now go to him for Dysport or Botox (depending on which company is offering rebates :) and am thinking about starting to try the tissue fillers in my nasolabial folds which are starting to show my mid-40s age :( I definitely trust his medical and aesthetic judgment completely and would recommend him to friends & family without hesitation.

I'm glad you're happy with your results. Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf!