Dermalive Granuloma Removal - San Francisco, CA

I had a Dermal Filler injected in my Nasal Labial...

I had a Dermal Filler injected in my Nasal Labial Folds. No real education was really given to the consumer and it started growing granulomas in my face. It took me seeing a few doctors, before we could get to the bottom of what it could be as this permanent filler was new on the market . After many years of trying to keep them under control, with injections to keep the swelling down I knew I had to do something. I started emailing doctors all over Canada and researching doctors in other countries. Every one with the same answer. No we cant help. Until this year 2013. I found a doctor who specializes in this sort of removal. I am recovering and I am happy to get this out of my face as it was encroaching on my facial nerves. Just in time I had my removal done. I found my doctor on this website. Thank you RealSelf for helping me find my Doctor.
My results are great I am 34 days out and recovering nicely. It was a long surgery, but my Doctor was a perfectionist and my facial scars will hardly be noticeable after 6 months and I will be fully healed in 11 more. I will keep you updated as to my progress please. Reply if you want to know more information.

It is wonderful to hear how pleased you sound! What was the recovery like? Were you pretty uncomfortable? Were there many restrictions as far as not being able to shower, exercise, etc?

I'll be honest I'm 35 days out and just today I'm feeling more like myself. My case was very special and my surgery went on longer than orginally scheduled. I could shower but I had lots if stitches I had to care for. It's a process you MUST prepare for physically and mentally. I am doing well but I am not back in the gym just yet. My workouts have been light ones that can be done at home. My face is looking better and better with each passing day. I have abit of temporary motor nerve damage. That process can take 12-18 months to repair its self. The body is an amazing thing. I am back to work part time to date. I will post some pictures soon. Thanks for asking!

the critical stages

I had to have these granulomas removed because they were starting to become a serious problem on the inside. What's so scary is that I looked fine from the outside. To leave these in is to risk nerve damage. Narcosis of the tissues and even amputation of tissue.
This is so serious if you have had permanent fillers injected and you have Lumps growing in the injection sites please comment here I will help you.
If you have any Botox or Fillers and lumps growing in an injection site please been seen by a Doctor trained in injections to consult you.
Research and education is key. The website is fantastic for that email the Doctors they will let you know if they can help. Don't get discouraged I emailed a few before I found mine!
He saved my face, I am so grateful.
Wow, I had heard there was no happy ending with these types of fillers if they go wrong. So very happy you found the PS who could help you!! We are so fortunate to have RealSelf.
I had dermalive injected in the creases between my eyebrows 15 years ago this September, had them removed and steroid injections since and they still come back, such a terrible product!

Thanks for sharing this extra info and the pictures. Its really, really helpful. I didn't realize it would be such a long recovery, but I'm glad to here things are continuing to improve for you. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

My Year in Review!

Thank you Dr. Corey Maas you did a fantastic job removing my Dermalive Granulomas and saving my face! I am forever Grateful to you and your team. I will help advocate for anyone needing this horrible product , removed from there face. I cannot say enough how talented and precise you were with my face... Thank you is just not enough!
congrats
Look*
I am a Certified Medical Esthetician ... I promote this website everyday in my business. I have also helped others who have contacted me. I thank you for such a website to keep everyone informed.
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Doctor was amazing he did such a good job. I want to thank him for doing what he did when no one else could.